Will we still win the NFC East?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I didn't think they could beat the Eagles before Tyron got hurt so I am pretty confident they won't beat them now. One thing I do know is the Eagles have a much better backup QB than Dallas, a much better offensive line, better WRs, better DL and probably better CBs. They also have a better kicker.

The Cowboys have an advantage at QB but with their offensive line, Dak is going to be neutralized by better defenses.

The good thing for us is the Eagles have four QBs. If we're smart, we snatch one from them. They have more talent than we do at the back up spots, for sure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They'll sweep the east yet once again!
Egals only look good on paper & the other two opponents are terrible!

Won’t happen! We’ll lose at least two games within the division.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.

What is wrong with you, harbor steward?!?!?
We already have a serviceable line (our bar has set that low) and a decent LT if Ball mans up and is spelled by the Long-armed 6'-8" 315-pound Matt Waletzko.
Sod! Fiddly squat to your other odd idea...

...Sequel Elliott is too old and slow to chip and Schulte will have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to making a business decision re b!ocking.
Carry on, youngster.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The good thing for us is the Eagles have four QBs. If we're smart, we snatch one from them. They have more talent than we do at the back up spots, for sure.

Sure.
The E girls would love to assist us in any way.:rolleyes:

Are you being clever bloke? Are you referring to post-waivers?
You tear me apart!!!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I watched the games up here. Our backup QB's are better, and I'm saying this not liking our backup QB's. Sinnett flat out stinks. They barely let Carson Strong play in games. He needs work on his footwork, important for all QB's but especially for a QB with low mobility. He's probably going to the practice squad. Minshew is a career backup/spot starter these days for a reason. It's all abord the Hurts train and for them, hope it doesn't derail.

They do have better O-line depth for sure. Their third-string center looks as good if not better than our starting center. Dillard has settled into the swing tackle role and is doing well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys could win the NFCE, although I suspect the Eagles will have something to say about it.

But even if the Cowboys win the NFCE again, how far are they going? Be honest with yourselves.

This team remains limited, we know why, even if some refuse to accept delivery on the reasons.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I think Philadelphia wins the East, as painful as that is.

The streak of no back-to-back division winners continues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.
I said it before all of this mess in off season. Eagles are in better position to win the division. they made the right trades, loaded up, have the OL, DL. only if Hurts plays slightly better they will take the division. now with our lack of WR depth and OL issues, we have less of a chance than we did before.

sjmike

Reaction score
That didnt even make sense.
It made perfect sense. Play safe offense and allow the defense and special teams carry the team. Limit strip sacks and interceptions and make the opponent have to drive the whole field against the defense.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
But it often is. All we have to do is look at Philly with and without Lane Johnson. Same effect. Some players just have that effect on overall play.

I agree about Lane and then by extension, possible Tyron. Lane makes the RG’s job dramatically easier. Lane takes on pro bowl DE’s and DT’s without help, and Seumalo often is only asked to chip for Lane to keep the guy in place while Isaac then turns to help Kelce double the NT. When Lane goes down, suddenly Seumalo is not only the RG and primary strength on the right side, but also the instructor to the inexperienced RT who’s constantly making little mistakes that trickle into Isaac’s comfort zone. We effectively lose half our Oline’s dependability.

Now if that was Martin next to Tyron, that wouldn’t be nearly as much of a problem. He’s held up well to the revolving door of RT’s over his career. But Ball having to mentor a rookie RG after every play while also being the most important position in Dak’s huddle? Or McGovern possible being the LG to help Tyler along while he’s going 1v1 with Leonard Floyd, with Shaquille Barrett, with Trey Hendrickson?

Suddenly the run game stops running to the left as much. Suddenly Dak scrambles more to the right. Suddenly the receivers on the left side of the field see their stats diminish. Suddenly RB and TE check downs become more frequent as Dak’s pocket gets smaller and smaller. That one dude can be so pivotal.

Last edited:

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Their future Home Depot employees were a heck of a lot better than our Petco assistant managers.
Is Devon White making the team? You guys had few bright spots, but wow, he was doing the job as the gunner on punts. He is so fast. But man, that guy Sinnett, what the hell? He makes our QB backups look like NFL starters.