Will we still win the NFC East?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
How is winning by scoring in the 15-25 points range not good. Dak is 100 percent capable of doing that with a bad offensive line. When they get things figured out and against certain teams, they could score more.

Winning, not making mistakes, not turning it over = a good offense
Did the Ravens have a good offense in 2000? No. And this defense isn’t that good. Our DTs are above average but not as dominant as the Ravens were.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Did the Ravens have a good offense in 2000? No. And this defense isn’t that good. Our DTs are above average but not as dominant as the Ravens were.

I think it is going to be a good year, or at least a fun year to watch

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I think it is going to be a good year, or at least a fun year to watch
It’s going to be boring football. Every time this offense gets past the 50 will be a win. Only hope is Parsons and Diggs create a lot of turnovers to give short fields. This offense isn’t marching long drives very often and aside from Turpin and Pollard there’s not much explosiveness.

Rayman70

Reaction score
answer, NO. As it stands, this game is won and lost with the trenches. Left tackle is VITAL to winning. Thats the real reason we lost last year 2 the niners. Will this team ever learn?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It’s going to be boring football. Every time this offense gets past the 50 will be a win. Only hope is Parsons and Diggs create a lot of turnovers to give short fields. This offense isn’t marching long drives very often and aside from Turpin and Pollard there’s not much explosiveness.

Even with no cooper and bad oline, I don't see that

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.
It's a toss up now without a LT.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Maybe you have much larger problems within the organization if the loss of just one starter on the o'line destroys your season.

Cincy made it to the super bowl last season with a far worse line than Dallas, so it CAN be done. The problem is whether they will try to compensate (next man up, etc) or will they go into a shell and give up like they used to do.

Losing just one player on the line shouldn't be that detrimental.
But it often is. All we have to do is look at Philly with and without Lane Johnson. Same effect. Some players just have that effect on overall play.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They have a great deep ball QB and 2 WRs better than any of ours according to rankings I’ve seen that have Higgins just ahead of Lamb
Think you need to look for new rankings. Lamb is legit. Of all our issues, WR1 isn't the problem.

Philly is far superior in the trenches, and at WR. We own QB and LB. If Hurts improves his passing AT ALL, they will run away with the East. In general trenches still win even with the pinball NFL rules.

Creeper

Reaction score
I didn't think they could beat the Eagles before Tyron got hurt so I am pretty confident they won't beat them now. One thing I do know is the Eagles have a much better backup QB than Dallas, a much better offensive line, better WRs, better DL and probably better CBs. They also have a better kicker.

The Cowboys have an advantage at QB but with their offensive line, Dak is going to be neutralized by better defenses.

erod

Reaction score
There has been no NFC East team win the division in back-to-back years in 17 seasons.

But they could. This is a horrible division.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.
Yes