Will we still win the NFC East?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Is Devon White making the team? You guys had few bright spots, but wow, he was doing the job as the gunner on punts. He is so fast. But man, that guy Sinnett, what the hell? He makes our QB backups look like NFL starters.

Devon Allen? Unlikely; if he does it’s as a special teams ace. But with Brown-Smith-Watkins-Pascal-Reagor, we don’t really even need to carry 6 WRs. And if we did, he still may not be #6. Definitely PS material though. Both Watkins and Reagor have starting experience in a pinch, and Pascal is that gadget type WR: Strong in the slot, can play outside, also can take end arounds and will usually be involved in any trick plays in varying capacities:

Hes one of those guys who’ll do anything you ask of him just to get on the field. Our HC used to be Indy’s OC, and Pascal was his favorite player. So when he became a FA, nobody was outbidding us for this fourth string WR

My prediction is Sinnett and Strong both get cut, and we bring someone else’s cut vet in on the practice squad. Sinnett makes me Very happy we didn’t trade Minshew.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.

Yeah, someone will be chipping all year. But with the way the playoffs are structured, and there only being one team getting the bye, does it even matter anymore? To get a weaker opponent in the first round? Some of these wildcards are better than Div. winners. Everyone is playing the same number of games.

I'm concerned about whether or not we're contenders. I couldn't care less if we're a wildcard or division winner.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.

The season has yet to start and while the injury to Tyron Smith makes the o-line a concern, anything can happen as the season progresses so all we can do is take it one week at a time.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

I believe this offense is going to struggle this year big time. Offensive line might be worse than last year. Receiving core not as good so if any injuries happen which they already have and you now have Noah Brown as your number 2 receiver. Defense is good but not all world good to carry a struggling offense. We may see the defense take a step back this year a little with having to be heavily relied on.

This roster last year was on the verge of building something great IMO. The Jones boys should have built off that roster and went for it this year. Instead they went backwards in talent and depth. Really makes me wonder just how committed they are to really winning a super bowl. They seem to be ok with good enough to keep everyone interested. I see Dallas finishing second in this division but making the wild card at 9-8 in a weaker NFC.
Wild card and first round exit and that will be good enough for the Jones boys.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They'll sweep the east yet once again!
Egals only look good on paper & the other two opponents are terrible!
I wish I could believe that but I don't. The Eagles have solidified their team and that qb of theirs could be better than credited or not. It's a toss up but their defense should be very good. I don't think we win both games against them. Washington who knows and ditto for the Giants. But sweeping the entire East again I don't see it.