Will we still win the NFC East?

Jarntt

Reaction score
The fact that he will probably miss the entire season as opposed to 3 or 4 games changes everything. That is big big difference.

Any hope of the cowboys being able to run the ball consistently just went out the window. the offense will be one dimensional at best and the pass protection will be even worse.

People will continue to play at two deep zone or 3 deep shell and dare us to run the ball. Like the 2nd half of last year we wont be able to combat it other than short quick passes and being patient.
I’m not sure if the point went over your head. Like I said:

So Missing the year obviously hurts us.

the point was we went into the year 100% knowing he’d miss time so it hurts us less than some other teams to lose one of their best players for the year because they expected their best player for 17 games. So if we knew he’d miss a minimum of 4 games and probably closer to 6 or 8 it’s only the additional half season that changed when he went down. I thought it was clear but I’m probably not explaining it correctly if not

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Thats not what YOU said. You said we would have a good offense. Winning 15-25 is NOT a good offense.

How is winning by scoring in the 15-25 points range not good. Dak is 100 percent capable of doing that with a bad offensive line. When they get things figured out and against certain teams, they could score more.

Winning, not making mistakes, not turning it over = a good offense

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure if the point went over your head. Like I said:

So Missing the year obviously hurts us.

the point was we went into the year 100% knowing he’d miss time so it hurts us less than some other teams to lose one of their best players for the year because they expected their best player for 17 games. So if we knew he’d miss a minimum of 4 games and probably closer to 6 or 8 it’s only the additional half season that changed when he went down. I thought it was clear but I’m probably not explaining it correctly if not

No, I just dont agree with your point. Missing 3 or 4 games as compared to the entire season is a massive difference and will make a massive difference.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How is winning by scoring in the 15-25 points range not good. Dak is 100 percent capable of doing that with a bad offensive line. When they get things figured out and against certain teams, they could score more.

Winning, not making mistakes, not turning it over = a good offense

Your reasoning that taking sacks and throwing the ball away = the offense will be good, makes little sense.

A good offense is moving the ball, scoring, running, passing, not taking sacks, and the Oline blocking.

The first half of last year as compared to the 2nd half of last year.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.
I would look at the Cowboys record with and without Tyron Smith, The Cowboys’ record all-time with Smith starting is 81-63. Their record without him is 17-16.
We'll be lucky to finish the season at 8-9 imo.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Maybe you have much larger problems within the organization if the loss of just one starter on the o'line destroys your season.

Cincy made it to the super bowl last season with a far worse line than Dallas, so it CAN be done. The problem is whether they will try to compensate (next man up, etc) or will they go into a shell and give up like they used to do.

Losing just one player on the line shouldn't be that detrimental.
100% true. Not that it won’t derail our season but that we do have much larger problems, at least with the OL

Jarntt

Reaction score
No, I just dont agree with your point. Missing 3 or 4 games as compared to the entire season is a massive difference and will make a massive difference.
Yes but it is 3 or 4 games less of an impact because we already knew he’d miss that. I feel like I need a chalk board for this one

chicago JK

Reaction score
We will see. History says no as no NFC East team typically repeats. Dallas has the better QB and the best player in Micah. But Philadelphia’s roster is good. They have better offensive line and defensive line than us. Probably better skill position players too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes but it is 3 or 4 games less of an impact because we already knew he’d miss that. I feel like I need a chalk board for this one

Just not agreeing with you. Your minimizing it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still believe we can win the NFCE "IF" we can solidify the LT position. Now I'm not saying we're going to
sign a Pro-Bowl tackle off the wavier wire, but I think we can be serviceable with a decent LT and Zeke or Schultz chipping/helping.
A better question might be- “Will the Cowboys win the NFC East back to back for the first time in 27 seasons?”

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that we even have to ask that question speaks volumes.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be good enough to be somewhat competitive but will be one and done if they squeeze out a wildcard spot. How Jalen Hurts plays will determine the division winner.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the Eagles would win it before these injuries because of one reason. They play better as a team than the Cowboys.

I laughed at their new HC when he first arrived and early on he was what I thought he was until he brought the team around into a team and they led the league in rushing. They also play better team D but they have for a long time.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
What’s the big deal about winning the East? Fans have lowered their expectations as the years roll on. We’re the laughing stock of the nfl.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Maybe you have much larger problems within the organization if the loss of just one starter on the o'line destroys your season.

Cincy made it to the super bowl last season with a far worse line than Dallas, so it CAN be done. The problem is whether they will try to compensate (next man up, etc) or will they go into a shell and give up like they used to do.

Losing just one player on the line shouldn't be that detrimental.
They have a great deep ball QB and 2 WRs better than any of ours according to rankings I’ve seen that have Higgins just ahead of Lamb