Wimbley, Lawson or Carpenter...

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Wimbley
Lawson
or
Carpenter

No trade down crap from posters, no I'd rather have an o line, safety, qb if he fell yada yada yada. What LB do they want bottom line. I'd be interested how it shakes out.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I was really torn between Carpenter and Wimbley...

but I have to say Wimbley...because he's quicker than Lawson and Carpenter getting around the edge...

Im liking Carpernter even more... diffently after hearing if he didn't have that injury he could've been better than AJ Hawk... That's saying alot...

Overall I like Lawson but it doesn't sound like The Dallas Cowboys are too interest in taking Lawson...

BUT IF I HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE FOR COWBOYS IT WOULD BE LAWSON...

ZRO

Reaction score
Definitely Lawson. The guy is an incredible athlete, he's going to be a force from day 1.

Wimbley should be solid as well but he's not the athlete Lawson is, and really I never heard about Wimbley at all during the NCAA season, his name just started popping up now.

Carpenter is a bust to me. I want nothing to do with him.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think you'll be fine with any of them.

I tend to prefer Carpenter and Wimbley. I'm not even sure Wimbley will be there at #18 though. In the end, it really does come down to "fit" for me. I'll trust whoever Bill and Jerry think will be the best fit in this scheme.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I was really torn between Carpenter and Wimbley...

but I have to say Wimbley...because he's quicker than Lawson and Carpenter getting around the edge...

Im liking Carpernter even more... diffently after hearing if he didn't have that injury he could've been better than AJ Hawk... That's saying alot...

Overall I like Lawson but it doesn't sound like The Dallas Cowboys are too interest in taking Lawson...

BUT IF I HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE FOR COWBOYS IT WOULD BE LAWSON...
Wimbley is quicker than Lawson getting around the edge? I think you're mixing up names.

As far as interest goes, we showed the same interest in Ware last year, meaning we were interested at the combine but didn't work him out personally.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZRO said:
Definitely Lawson. The guy is an incredible athlete, he's going to be a force from day 1.

Wimbley should be solid as well but he's not the athlete Lawson is, and really I never heard about Wimbley at all during the NCAA season, his name just started popping up now.

Carpenter is a bust to me. I want nothing to do with him.

I was thinking the same about Manny "Mamula". :)

ddh33

Reaction score
If you saw Ware at the senior bowl, there was little doubt that he was a great college football player. He was a force.

I would feel less nervous is Lawson had made the same impression at the senior bowl. I thought Wimbley was better there.

I don't think anyone can definitively say who will be successful or who won't, but you have to be delusional to not see some of the ponential risks.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I am looking forward to Paul Tagliabue accouncing our selection of tOSU OLB Bobby Carpenter,

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Vintage said:
I am looking forward to Paul Tagliabue accouncing our selection of tOSU OLB Bobby Carpenter,

Me too. :pray2: :crossed:

And that's coming from someone that HATES tOSU.

And to make matters worse, as far as how dirty I feel actually liking a tOSU player, the only LB I want more then Carpenter is AJ Hawk.

:puke:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
Me too. :pray2: :crossed:

And that's coming from someone that HATES tOSU.

And to make matters worse, as far as how dirty I feel actually liking a tOSU player, the only LB I want more then Carpenter is AJ Hawk.

:puke:
:lmao2:

Shower Rack. Take a long shower and use lots of soap.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I was thinking the same about Manny "Mamula". :)

I also worry about that...I like him but dont love him, especially with the 18th pick...watching the film clips on doesnt overwhelm me, especially when factoring in his incredible workout times...then when you also look at how skinny he is, to me there is cause for concern

if we have a choice of the 3 at 18, I'd take either Wimbley or Carpenter over Lawson...I'd lean towards Wimbley over Carpenter as well, but would be happy with either

David

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I hope all 3 are there so we can trade down then take Carp.
You keep saying this but just how far would you propose trading down? Bear in mind the Pats pick nearly right behind us at 21.

If it's Carpenter that we want we're better off just taking him at 18 cause he won't last much longer.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt said:
The same was said about Ware.

yeah, but that isnt the sole reason he got drafted in the first rd...I didnt read any socuting reports on Ware that said "he looks like a 3rd rd pick on film"

Ware was a better player than Lawson

David