Win Loss records over the last 10 years

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I know we are in the midst of some serious overreaction. And the armchair GMs are in full display. But let's not lose sight of the facts.

The chirping wants us to believe we are and have been one of the worst franchises over the course of the last decade.

Care to guess where we actually do rank...

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ms-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417?amp=true

robjay04

Reaction score
I doubt it would change much but this is a year old.

Anyways I’ll also point out that 2 of our last 4 seasons have been arguable the best the franchise has seen in 23 years...coincidentally after we decided to be dirt cheap in free agency?

Maybe, maybe not.

RS12

Reaction score
It's funny, we used to measure ourselves by Super Bowls, but mediocrity has us screaming "at least we're not the ____________" from the mountain tops... my how the mighty have fallen.
I know its hilarious. Forget the three playoff wins in 22 years. In recent history the team hardly makes the playoffs anymore. The bar is so low now that an ant could jump over it.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
billbored.gif

Zordon

Reaction score
Every other team in the top 10 of that list has reached the Super Bowl in that time frame. Only us and the Falcons haven't won a super bowl.

I think this is proof we've mastered average and with some luck, a playoff birth and quick exit is the peak for this group.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I know we are in the midst of some serious overreaction. And the armchair GMs are in full display. But let's not lose sight of the facts.

The chirping wants us to believe we are and have been one of the worst franchises over the course of the last decade.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417?amp=true
Would have never guessed 6th

Great find

BlindFaith

Reaction score
We're actually 10th. That article is more than a year old.

1 Patriots 123-37
2 Steelers 106-54
3 Packers 100-59-1
4 Saints 95-65
5 Falcons 95-65
6 Ravens 94-66
7 Broncos 92-68
8 Colts 91-69
9 Eagles 89-70-1
10 Cowboys 88-72
We are less than 1 win a year more from being 4th.

The Packers have obviously been our nemesis the last few years regarding the playoffs. Not to shabby considering they are 3rd overall.

And yes, I'd like to see more and this doesn't mean Garrett gets a pass.

This is just to put some rational perspective on things since they have gotten way out of control.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417?amp=true

I’ve pointed this out many, many times. Doesn’t matter, playoff wins or clean house seems to be the consensus.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are less than 1 win a year more from being 4th.

The Packers have obviously been our nemesis the last few years regarding the playoffs. Not to shabby considering they are 3rd overall.

And yes, I'd like to see more and this doesn't mean Garrett gets a pass.

This is just to put some rational perspective on things since they have gotten way out of control.
Can we see a playoff wins table over the same time period?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This only adds to my frustration. More wins than well over half of the NFL in ten years and just two playoff victories to show for it.

visionary

Reaction score

Last time I looked, the objective is to win in the playoffs and make it to, and win the SB

Care to post

1. Playoff record under Garrett
2. Conf championship game appearances under Garrett
3. SB record under Garrett

I'll bet you find a way to squirm out of that one :laugh:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This only adds to my frustration. More wins than well over half of the NFL in ten years and just two playoff victories to show for it.
It shouldn't frustrate you.

It just means we are on the right track. Or something.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Last time I looked, the objective is to win in the playoffs and make it to, and win the SB

Care to post

1. Playoff record under Garrett
2. Conf championship game appearances under Garrett
3. SB record under Garrett

I'll bet you find a way to squirm out of that one :laugh:

I'll do it just in case nobody else does:

1. 1-2
2. None
3. None
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I love threads like this that try to shine light on regular season records. What exactly are they playing for again? It depresses me that some are so acceptable of this over actually competing for championships.
This is a year to year league where a team can be in the basement one year and contend the next.

The Rams were a laughing stock in 2016. Nobody expected the Jaguars to come within smelling distance of the Super Bowl.

I guess the charm here is that we have been good enough to be right around .500, plus or minus two or three games a year.

I am not sure that is desirable. It just allows things like belief in bad luck and circumstance to cloud the evaluation process.

Oh, well, if we had Ezekiel Elliott, we win X number of games. If this guy had not got hurt, we win this game.

At the end of the day, no team wins anything on what ifs. They try to get better rather than focus on what breaks did not go their way.

Well, most teams try to get better.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Garrett’s regular season record is decent. It’s why I refuse to label him a bad coach. However, his lack of playoff success (or playoff anything, really) is why I won’t label him a good coach either. If you’re content with regular season wins and nothing else, more power to you. No judgment.