Win two playoff games or else

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Like the team he coaches, JG is 29-14 over the past three seasons. Heck he's 45-30 over the past 5. That's pretty consistent. Not buying a dump the HC as the answer nor a prophesy. Could buy into a new OC and QB coach if we're one and done in the playoffs assuming we get there. If we crash and burn theses last 4 games, JG is probably toast. NFC east winners and a playoff game, keeps his job. Not saying it's right or wrong just my gut. Stay tuned, more news to follow Bob

Last edited:

Pants

Reaction score
ol' JJ will find a reason to keep his little clappity-clap machine....as much as that irritates me, I could live with JG being the HC next year as long as the OC is Lincoln Riley or some other hot-shot offensive mind and DC is Richard....then Garrett gets told 2019 is your last as HC regardless of outcomes

Praxit

Reaction score
..if there is any year to do it, its this year. You have a few FA coming, then a boatload following year. Cant pay everyone.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like the team he coaches, JG is 29-14 over the past three seasons. Heck he's 45-30 over the past 5. Not buying a dump the HC as the answer nor a prophesy. Could buy into a new OC and QB coach if we're one and done in the playoffs assuming we get there. If we crash and burn theses last 4 games, JG is probably toast. NFC east winners and a playoff game, keeps his job. Not saying it's right or wrong just my gut. Stay tuned, more news to follow Bob
Good post. I guess my response to the impressive 5 year Garrett numbers is he never seems to be able to put together any momentum- no back to back playoff seasons.

Dre11

Reaction score
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?

Lol...people keep moving the bar, 4-5 weeks ago it was playoffs or bust,...lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Good post. I guess my response to the impressive 5 year Garrett numbers is he never seems to be able to put together any momentum- no back to back playoff seasons.

lol, I never said he was perfect and my gut isn't always right. Like when the wife says "don't eat that three day old burrito in the back of the fridge". My response "scrape off the mould and it'll be fine". That's JG, scrape off the mould and (insert finish here) burp!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
ol' JJ will find a reason to keep his little clappity-clap machine....as much as that irritates me, I could live with JG being the HC next year as long as the OC is Lincoln Riley or some other hot-shot offensive mind and DC is Richard....then Garrett gets told 2019 is your last as HC regardless of outcomes
…,and Ill chip in 2 cents, as long as the mini-me Moore experiment as QB coach ends

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol...people keep moving the bar, 4-5 weeks ago it was playoffs or bust,...lol
The bar that keeps being moved is the bar of excellence, which keeps being lowered by our GM. One playoff win in 7 seasons is why the 8th year should be the put up or shut up year.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere, if they even miss the playoffs. Linehan will be on the 3:10 to Yuma and maybe Moore.

To think Garrett will be fired is to ignore why he is the HC in the first place.

You mean by defalt. Hey, we interviewed River Boat Ron once, just never know Coachie. What goes around comes around like 3 day old burrito's brrrrap!

Ep8kb7.gif

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm torn in half I tell ya. An NFC east division winner and playoffs I want, then there is the inevitable that goes with that.. The renowned one keeps his job. Does winning Trump the inevitable. I'm so confused ahaha

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Mike McCarthy’s firing, these are the only coaches with longer tenure than Jason Garrett:

Bill Belichick
Sean Payton
Marvin Lewis
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Pete Carroll

Everyone on the above list has at least one SB win except Marvin Lewis and Garrett.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily advocating for Garrett here, but what happens if we can him and subsequently hire a worse HC? This is a real possibility. Hiring a new HC does not mean we are guaranteed to get better results, and we may get worse.

Dre11

Reaction score
The bar that keeps being moved is the bar of excellence, which keeps being lowered by our GM. One playoff win in 7 seasons is why the 8th year should be the put up or shut up year.

Says you, stop living in the past.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

yay....another "fire Garrett" thread!....LOL....Not going to happen even if we miss the playoffs!

Fire407

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily advocating for Garrett here, but what happens if we can him and subsequently hire a worse HC? This is a real possibility. Hiring a new HC does not mean we are guaranteed to get better results, and we may get worse.
Because the next HC won't be Jerry's adopted son. He will be given a chance and if he doesn't succeed then Jerry will have no problem firing him. With the talent this team has there is no excuse for Garrett. I think any other head coach in the league would have this team in the NFC championship game.