Win two playoff games or else

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m still in shock we beat Saints.

Someone has figured out a way to overcome an inept scoring offense and average QB to put us back in contention.

Jerry deserves credit for sparking offense with Cooper trade and Garrett for overcoming all of the distractions of our dysfunctional organization.
Got that right. Talk about back to the wall and came out fighting.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis has made the playoffs 7 times ( 0-7 ) ; he had 2 playoff berths in his first 8 years , exactly like garrett .

Garrett = Marvin Lewis

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it wild within the context of a head coach with 8 years and one playoff win?
I’m only focused on this year.

Compiling his tenure here on this season doesn’t make any sense to me bordering on a select agenda or narration.

Garrett should have been fired years ago based on normal NFL protocol which doesn’t apply with Jerry.

GenoT

Reaction score
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?
I share your sentiment, Bob, but barring going 0-fer the rest of the season, Garrett won’t be fired.

If anyone’s canned for 2018 failure, it’ll be Scott Linehan and his man-crush, Kellen Moore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just like in 2014 we had a team that looked on the brink of contending for several years with our newTripletts which would never take the field together again after our heart breaking loss at Lambeau.

It’s only been a few more years to retool this team again with more focus on rebuilding a defense which Jerry designated for Garrett to undertake.

I’d argue he’s done a good job retooling the defense and we appear on the brink again of becoming another contender if our QB can do his part.

Garrett has now been involved with building two almost different teams with the exception of a couple players. We’ll see how it develops but I certainly wouldn’t start over now with Jerry ways. If you want to tweak it with a new OC, etc., fine.

We have potentially a championship caliber defense with a league leading RB, a WR1, a serviceable OL. If we have a good enough QB we should be contending.

Our coaching isn’t holding back our defense , our RB or WR. But they are our QB? Doesn’t add up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, Garrett is getting an extension...………...winning in the playoffs is just gravy to Jerry, not that important.

But making the playoffs is the key, even Jerry knows he cant sell an extension to the fan base if we crap the bed in December.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just like in 2014 we had a team that looked on the brink of contending for several years with our newTripletts which would never take the field together again after our heart breaking loss at Lambeau.

It’s only been a few more years to retool this team again with more focus on rebuilding a defense which Jerry designated for Garrett to undertake.

I’d argue he’s done a good job retooling the defense and we appear on the brink again of becoming another contender if our QB can do his part.

Garrett has now been involved with building two almost different teams with the exception of a couple players. We’ll see how it develops but I certainly wouldn’t start over now with Jerry ways. If you want to tweak it with a new OC, etc., fine.
We have potentially a championship caliber defense with a league leading RB, a WR1, a serviceable OL. If we have a good enough QB we should be contending.

Our coaching isn’t holding back our defense , our RB or WR. But they are our QB? Doesn’t add up.
Gotta like your logic. But something is changing in him. Appears his best games come when his job is on the line. Maybe he smells the coffee.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

How exactly has Garrett built Championship contending teams? He has 1 wildcard win in his entire career.

When the only round of the playoffs you can advance beyond is the Wildcard round, and you have done it only one time in your entire coaching career, that doesn't mean you have built jack.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How exactly has Garrett built Championship contending teams? He has 1 wildcard win in his entire career.

When the only round of the playoffs you can advance beyond is the Wildcard round, and you have done it only one time in your entire coaching career, that doesn't mean you have built jack.
I’d argue 2014 was a team that was on the brink of contending for several years. Is it Garrett’s fault those Tripletts never took the field together again?

And here we are again looking like we might have built another contender despite not having an elite QB.

Garrett’s tenure is a tale of two different teams IMO. This one is just beginning to take shape.

Attempting to lump it all together in a narration is agenda driven IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gotta like your logic. But something is changing in him. Appears his best games come when his job is on the line. Maybe he smells the coffee.
Garrett’s greatest asset is preventing the team from a total collapse despite the distractions of our dysfunctional organization. That’s been his mark since 2010.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’d argue 2014 was a team that was on the brink of contending for several years. Is it Garrett’s fault those Tripletts never took the field together again?

And here we are again looking like we might have built another contender despite not having an elite QB.

Garrett’s tenure is a tale of two different teams IMO. This one is just beginning to take shape.

Attempting to lump it all together in a narration is agenda driven IMO.

Its not agenda driven, its called his freaking coaching record............you want to cherry pick one or two seasons out of a decade to claim Garrett is building something?

That is the textbook definition of an agenda.......anybody can cherry pick a season here or there, the good teams do it year in and year out.

And is it Garrett's fault the triplets never played together again? You do know this is the NFL and roughly 1/3 or rosters turn over every season, right? They didnt want to pay Murry and when Romo asked to compete for his job they said no. Garrett doesn't get a cookie or a pass for that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winning our division would surpass most expectations this season.

A playoff win would be gravy. I’m not sure why anyone would have greater expectations for this season.

If you’re expecting this season to make up for the previous years under Garrett , I’d argue you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Those that predicted us to win the division I’d like to see those post . If not then we are exceeding expectations this year. Dropping the mic..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its not agenda driven, its called his freaking coaching record............you want to cherry pick one or two seasons out of a decade to claim Garrett is building something?

That is the textbook definition of an agenda.......anybody can cherry pick a season here or there, the good teams do it year in and year out.

And is it Garrett's fault the triplets never played together again? You do know this is the NFL and roughly 1/3 or rosters turn over every season, right? They didnt want to pay Murry and when Romo asked to compete for his job they said no. Garrett doesn't get a cookie or a pass for that.
He should get a pass for that. Obviously Jerry is giving him a pass.

The normal protocol in the NFL doesn’t apply here with Jerry’s agendas.

I’m just trying to figure the best way to overcome our dysfunctional organization while others seem to refuse accepting our situation continuing to look for a normal solution or for Jerry to have some kind of Absolution I don’t believe will ever come.

waving monkey

Reaction score

With all his faults he has us there this year. You say but he hasnt done it. 86% chance we win the NFCE but taking no more bets
He's our HC for the foreseeable future.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He should get a pass for that. Obviously Jerry is giving him a pass.

The normal protocol in the NFL doesn’t apply here with Jerry’s agendas.

I’m just trying to figure the best way to overcome our dysfunctional organization while others seem to refuse accepting our situation continuing to look for a normal solution or for Jerry to have some kind of Absolution I don’t believe will ever come.

So Garrett wins 1 playoff game in 8 years and you say he should get a pass..................meanwhile.......

McCarthy over 13 seasons, wins 10 playoff games, and wins the SB as well...........and gets fired.

I guess the Packers have higher standards than you do.