Win two playoff games or else

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
@ Bob...Seems like Garrett always has his team prepared and playing well when his feet are being held to the heat.

I like your thinking.

Maybe, if the pressure remains in tact in this regard, he'll actually win multiple playoff games this season.
I'm not necessarily advocating for Garrett here, but what happens if we can him and subsequently hire a worse HC? This is a real possibility. Hiring a new HC does not mean we are guaranteed to get better results, and we may get worse.
Insanity has been described before as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome. I agree with Bob on this one, it's time for positive results, as in competing for Championships.

Ultimately, we need to have that mentality, otherwise we'll most likely remain, just mediocre.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Because the next HC won't be Jerry's adopted son. He will be given a chance and if he doesn't succeed then Jerry will have no problem firing him. With the talent this team has there is no excuse for Garrett. I think any other head coach in the league would have this team in the NFC championship game.
This defense is a championship defense.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Like the team he coaches, JG is 29-14 over the past three seasons. Heck he's 45-30 over the past 5. That's pretty consistent. Not buying a dump the HC as the answer nor a prophesy. Could buy into a new OC and QB coach if we're one and done in the playoffs assuming we get there. If we crash and burn theses last 4 games, JG is probably toast. NFC east winners and a playoff game, keeps his job. Not saying it's right or wrong just my gut. Stay tuned, more news to follow Bob

Ummm We did that already. I think we got worst at those coaches with Garrett picking his guys.

Dre11

Reaction score
So since you are saying the bar keeps being moved, has it been moved up or down, and where should it be in your opinion? You have criticized opinions here, which I have no problem with, but you haven’t stated your opinion. So where should the bar be according to YOU?

There isn't a bar, we don't control anything, let the season play out, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?
Talk about an enigma wrapped in a dilemma. OK, how about Garrett gets us to the NFCCG, but the game plan reverts to cross walk duty at the local elementary school and we lose. Out the door I say. l
If they win, he takes us to the Super Bowl. Does the owner's leash get taken off? Do we trust him to keep the pedal to the metal the next season?

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ummm We did that already. I think we got worst at those coaches with Garrett picking his guys.

How so brother? Linnehan has been our OC since 2014. the records? 13-3, 3-13, 13-3, 9-7 and who knows what we'll be in 2018. I predicted 10-6. 9-7 to start the season. Today we're 7-5, either seem doable. So, ready for this, 45-31 and pretty consistent with 2015 being the exception. Putrid BU QB's will do that. The team is still playing well under JG. The play calling is stale and not tailored to Dak's strengths in my humble opinion. Not enuff play off games for sure. Not enuff play off wins for sure. Another playoff game in 2018? Quite possible. Can we win one, also possible. As far as JG hiring those guys. Hey man, he did. He can also let them go and make a change. I'm digging the hatred for JG but IMO it's unfounded. Again my opinion

waving monkey

Reaction score
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?
Why be so self defeating? Seriously

waving monkey

Reaction score
ol' JJ will find a reason to keep his little clappity-clap machine....as much as that irritates me, I could live with JG being the HC next year as long as the OC is Lincoln Riley or some other hot-shot offensive mind and DC is Richard....then Garrett gets told 2019 is your last as HC regardless of outcomes
Ya that reason is the team is playing great ball?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Since Mike McCarthy’s firing, these are the only coaches with longer tenure than Jason Garrett:

Bill Belichick
Sean Payton
Marvin Lewis
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Pete Carroll

Everyone on the above list has at least one SB win except Marvin Lewis and Garrett.

mmmm andy reid I think, combined Philly and KC. Zero SB wins. I'm a stickler for grammar and accuracy lol. Would we as fans be happy with 1 SB win in 8 years? I highly doubt it, can't speak for the humble masses tho

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Initially practically no one was even picking us to win the division much less a Wild Card. Then at 3-5 we weren’t sure we’d win another game.

Now after a 4 game winning streak and impressive win over one of the best teams we are creating these wild expectations. Unbelievable.. lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Because the next HC won't be Jerry's adopted son. He will be given a chance and if he doesn't succeed then Jerry will have no problem firing him. With the talent this team has there is no excuse for Garrett. I think any other head coach in the league would have this team in the NFC championship game.

Let's go get McCarthy possibly River Boat Ron or that coach from Atlanta who has turned cold since their SB loss. Whatcha say fire ball? Like those guys? They haven't won anything but could be available. Yes it sucks that Sean Payton left town for dem Saints

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Initially practically no one was even picking us to win the division much less a Wild Card. Then at 3-5 we weren’t sure we’d win another game.

Now after a 4 game winning streak and impressive win over one of the best teams we are creating these wild expectations. Unbelievable.. lol

Anyone creating wild expectations about this team are wildly expectant. Expect the unexpected

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he gets us to the NFCCG and we win it, (and not by dumb luck,) then something will have changed. They have me believing it is possible. The game plans can't resemble cross walk duty at the playground.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is it wild within the context of a head coach with 8 years and one playoff win?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Edii: I say that with due respect you do post good OPs
Can you count on both hands and feet the number of times you have read the same topic? Many variations on a theme, but the same frustration goes. We are just fantasy GMs waiting for the payoff. I will stay enthused about the HC if Garrett keeps us in the Win column in the games that count.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone creating wild expectations about this team are wildly expectant. Expect the unexpected
I’m still in shock we beat Saints.

Someone has figured out a way to overcome an inept scoring offense and average QB to put us back in contention.

Jerry deserves credit for sparking offense with Cooper trade and Garrett for overcoming all of the distractions of our dysfunctional organization. This defense is masking our weaknesses.