Wince & Dak

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak is one of the most improved players I've seen this season. He deserves all the credit in the world.

I've never bought the Wince hype. He's a serviceable QB at best, but history has shown us he needs a Super Bowl caliber supporting cast to play at an elite level.

Yup. Now if we can get Dak a defence.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Risen has recently praised Dak.
Pappy is busy doubling down, getting ready for some stout defenses coming up and...
Floaty will always be Floaty, for better, or worse.
Usually for worse.

Edit: @WillieBeamen has been quite fair on Dak also recently! #Kudos
Oh has he????

Now that would be shocking to see @WillieBeamen praising Dak.

I know deep down inside @WillieBeamen knows the problem lies squarely on the shoulders of the red clapper.

Qcard

Reaction score
Confirmation bias comes into play a lot when people compare Dak and Wentz. Wentz is a first round QB. Second overall pick. Meaning Wentz SHOULD be good. When he struggles it's because of his team. When he wins it's because he's an elite first round QB. Dak is a 4th rounder. He SHOULD"NT be good. He shouldn't be good right out of the gate. When Dak struggles it's because he's a 4th Rounder. When Dak wins it's because he's team is loaded with talent and all he has to do is drive the bus.
You sir are a scholar. Great Post.

I wonder why this bias still exist especially considering the unpredictability of QB success based on draft pedigree

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You sir are a scholar. Great Post.

I wonder why this bias still exist especially considering the unpredictability of QB success based on draft pedigree
Your fundamental question, a curiosity I share, will probably never be answered.

FootballKing124

Reaction score
New eagles fan here on the board. Just wanted to stop in and say I’m not a biased fan and can call it how I see it. To me Dak has been very good this year, I’ve been impressed with his poise in the pocket and his arm has seemed to gain a big improvement this year. He has absolutely been better than Wentz this year. I like his gunslinger mentality and how he gives his receivers a chance to make a play on the ball instead of being conservative. I also can see how he leads your team and I think he’s a very good leader. On the other hand, Wentz hasn’t been great this year. There’s a lot of things that have been contributing to that like our absolutely abysmal receiving core (one of the worst I’ve ever seen and they can’t create separation). However, Wentz has still been missing open throws and sometimes holds on to the ball too long. I would put Dak in the “good to great” category and Wentz in the “above average to good” category this year. This will obviously be a discussion between the two for the next 10 years and I think anyone who just flat out says that either one is “bad” is truly just biased and not watching.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
After almost 4 years now the sample is statistically significant. Dak has clearly had the better career, even though he hasn’t been surrounded by Super Bowl talent and coaching, unlike Wentz.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak is obviously playing much better than Wentz but to be fair, how would both QB's look if they changed teams?

Wentz with this Online, Zeke, Amari and Gallup would surely look much better than he has this year.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak is obviously playing much better than Wentz but to be fair, how would both QB's look if they changed teams?

Wentz with this Online, Zeke, Amari and Gallup would surely look much better than he has this year.

That's the thing though. Dak didn't catch any grief last year or in 2017 when he had nothing. Last year, he had who to throw to? Beasely? Austin? Cedrick Wilson? Hurns? Sure he had Zeke, but besides that, what else?

Dak on the 2017 Eagles would've been highly successful as well. Wentz deserves flak like Dak did in 2017/early 2018.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We already know 100% Rayne is better, BUT if he does better or gets a win against the Patriots next week... THE. CONVERSATION. IS. OVER.

Doubt it. We to has sucked this entire season and people will gladly give him the benefit of the doubt just because of his draft status.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
That's the thing though. Dak didn't catch any grief last year or in 2017 when he had nothing. Last year, he had who to throw to? Beasely? Austin? Cedrick Wilson? Hurns? Sure he had Zeke, but besides that, what else?

Dak on the 2017 Eagles would've been highly successful as well. Wentz deserves flak like Dak did in 2017/early 2018.
Are you talking about the start of last season because we traded for Cooper.

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s a fair argument and you’re right. And personally, I don’t think Wentz is a bad QB. I think he is a good QB.

But, there have been a number of posters who have argued Wentz is better and closer to being “elite” because he doesn’t need as much talent around him as Dak. They also use “Dak needs a lot of help” as an argument against him.

So, I think it’s fair to point out his performance now that his receiving Corp is poor.

Reality is, every QB needs help.

Reality also is, there isn’t any evidence that Wentz is any better than Dak. Other than draft position.

P.S. I love your avatar. I own the Sopranos series on DVD and still watch episodes all the time. It’s a masterpiece.

NJCowboysFan97

Reaction score
61.7CMP%,12,364YDS, 76TD, 36INT 91.8Rating
66.4CMP%, 14,097YDS, 88TD, 34INT, 97.6Rating
63.3CMP%, 12,426YDS, 86TD, 32INT, 92.3Rating

In this QB blind comparison, you will see QB2 has a leg up QB1 and QB3. Who are the three Quarterbacks? Jared Goff, Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz (In Order). Stats aren't the end all, be all, but the stats don't lie. Despite being consistently disrespected due to his inconsistency, Dak deserves to be viewed as superior to the former first and second overall picks.

Coy

Reaction score

Well, Dak did have the leading rusher in the league, so that helps a lot.
And it’s not like Wentz is playing bad, he has 16 TD’s and 4 Int’s.
Anyway, Dak’s playing lights out but teams around you matter.

Coy

Reaction score
It’s a fair argument and you’re right. And personally, I don’t think Wentz is a bad QB. I think he is a good QB.

But, there have been a number of posters who have argued Wentz is better and closer to being “elite” because he doesn’t need as much talent around him as Dak. They also use “Dak needs a lot of help” as an argument against him.

So, I think it’s fair to point out his performance now that his receiving Corp is poor.

Reality is, every QB needs help.

Reality also is, there isn’t any evidence that Wentz is any better than Dak. Other than draft position.

P.S. I love your avatar. I own the Sopranos series on DVD and still watch episodes all the time. It’s a masterpiece.

Thanks buddy, one of the best series ever IMO.
And btw, Dak is playing at an MVP level, I love it.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Yeah... He's better than Dak. :rolleyes:

So I've been told....
Whomever is the best quarterback is going to be debated every year depending on who has an up year, and who has a down year. If Wentz gets some weapons next year there's a good chance he could exceed what Prescott is doing with his team

2 years ago it was clear Wentz was the better quarterback. This year it's clear Prescott is the better quarterback.

We are not going to know until their careers are over.. They both appear to be very good quarterbacks

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Foles had chemistry with the Eagles, Wentz doesn’t and it shows.
Whatever Foles had going in Philadelphia though, hasn’t followed him to Jacksonville... he looks a below average QB, which really is what he is.
Dak has shown he is a couple of levels higher than both of them.
Foles with the Eagles was hot, and cold. He is what he is a backup. He's never been able to carry a team to the playoffs playing a full season. He's always came in and been competent quarterback in backup, and that's what he is.

He had a phenomenal Super Bowl run but that was more the exception than the rule.

Where he is a starter he's failed everywhere. He was a backup in Kansas City and did just fine it wasn't just Philadelphia.