Wink Martindale "in the mix" for defensive coordinator

coult44

Reaction score
I wanted Shane Bowen.. just hired by the Giants. Would prefer Vrabel or Carrol at this point or would love to somehow get BB. That’s 4 even though the Giants beat them to one of those choices.
Carroll would be sick. I like Vrable but I think he’s like BB, wants too much control.

Adreme

Reaction score
I like Wink but it is concerning how much better the Ravens were under MacDonald and how the Giants got no better. Now a big part of that is likely the Ravens getting Smith but it is still a concern.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Back up bruh, I wasn’t saying you as in you. I was just saying “people” in general might not like him, but he is connected over there and is usually on top of the pulse.
You quoted me, not the other way around so start that engine up and back it up yourself lol

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
“The Star” comes with a lot of stuff other teams don’t have to deal with.
Yup, but players building their brand isn’t one of them lol. That starts and comes from their agent and family and inner circle. Every team has players trying to build their brand.

That’s the modern nfl in 2024. That’s not a Dallas cowboy only issue and to say otherwise is just being out of touch.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yup, but players building their brand isn’t one of them lol. That starts and comes from their agent and family and inner circle. Every team has players trying to build their brand.

That’s the modern nfl in 2024. That’s not a Dallas cowboy only issue and to say otherwise is just being out of touch.
Sure— players want endorsements and to grow their brand. But the scrutiny, notoriety, exposure for an average Cowboys player is much more than say the average Indianapolis Colts players would be.

The linelight shining in Dallas is on another level than almost any other franchise.

A Dallas player gets a DUI? Huge story on ESPN.

Is there a free agent? You know the Cowboys will listed as a potential suitor.

Dak has a hangnail? Colin Cowherd has an opinion.

The attention and scrutiny create the distractions— and there is simply less of both for most other franchises.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Sure— players want endorsements and to grow their brand. But the scrutiny, notoriety, exposure for an average Cowboys player is much more than say the average Indianapolis Colts players would be.

The linelight shining in Dallas is on another level than almost any other franchise.

The attention and scrutiny create the distractions— and there is simply less of both for most other franchises.
Those things have nothing to do with your original point of players building a brand

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Those things have nothing to do with your original point of players building a brand
My original point is that players in Dallas are devoted to a lot of things besides championship football— building their own brands is simply one thing.

I wasn’t being comprehensive. There are a lot of systemic and organizational issues in Dallas.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
My original point is that players in Dallas are devoted to a lot of things besides championship football— building their own brands is simply one thing.

I wasn’t being comprehensive. There are a lot of systemic and organizational issues in Dallas.
Not going back and forth again but while there are many issues in Dallas from an organizational standpoint, players building their own brand is not exclusive to them at all. it’s counterproductive to add that to the list of things that are Dallas specific when that’s inherently standard across every team in the league.

They are 2 entirely separate things.

Gambit

Reaction score

And with the Portal in college it's only going to grow more

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don’t care what QB you have, if they have free runners coming right at them, they will make mistakes. With our CB’s( Digg’s coming back ) and a little bit more pass rush our D could be really successful with a blitz happy D. Of course the blitz’s need to be set up well.
Agreed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wink sounds like a pretty positive addition to the C'boys' staff to me . . . here's hoping it materializes! ;)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rex Ryans is interviewing ..hmmm well, that came out of left field!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ALL of these D coordinators that are being thrown around have 1 thing in common, they prefer big bodied DT to clog up the middle to let the LB stay clean. i think Zimm is the only one that wants a penetrating 3T
Ryan would

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer: :popcorn: