With a win on Sunday Dak can put himself in good company

bottleKids

Reaction score
He's clearly a troll. Everyone knows it except the person going to bat for him. He will tell you himself he's a troll he doesn't hide it lol.

It's funny though. You were wrong and instead of admitting you were wrong you chose to attack @Jstopper rather than admit you were wrong.
I have another reply that is under review for some reason, so ill reply again. He attacked me first but whatever with that I am a big boy... I have never seen him admit he is a troll, and if he did please i genuinely want you to send me the link so I can change how I feel about his posts. I go to bat for him because I have seen some really crazy not great human stuff sent to him 1:1 that really irks me and my own personal values. But again, send me links 1:1 if he has admitted he was a troll because if that is the case, I have not seen that.

I don't hate on people because their opinions / views are different than the masses.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I have another reply that is under review for some reason, so ill reply again. He attacked me first but whatever with that I am a big boy... I have never seen him admit he is a troll, and if he did please i genuinely want you to send me the link so I can change how I feel about his posts. I go to bat for him because I have seen some really crazy not great human stuff sent to him 1:1 that really irks me and my own personal values. But again, send me links 1:1 if he has admitted he was a troll because if that is the case, I have not seen that.

I don't hate on people because their opinions / views are different than the masses.
@TheMarathonContinues I don't know why your post was deleted, I had no problem with it, or you calling me out on your presumed views of my reply, but my original reply was deleted too, so I assume Mods are thinking we are having a spat. I don't view it that way you and I agree and disagree a lot, and I am good with that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Not sure why my post got deleted but yeah I mean he shows up after losses...or after bad Dak games. He trolls. Has nothing to do with his opinion on Dak. Plenty of people not his site think Dak sucks but they at last don't go about it in a trolling nature.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
@TheMarathonContinues I don't know why your post was deleted, I had no problem with it, or you calling me out on your presumed views of my reply, but my original reply was deleted too, so I assume Mods are thinking we are having a spat. I don't view it that way you and I agree and disagree a lot, and I am good with that.
Yeah I didn't attack you I was more so talking about the poster we were discussing. He just trolls.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol. Stop already. I loved Romo when he was here, way more than I pull for Dak to be honest. Having said that I 100% believe Romo had all the talent around him to do more than he did. He just could not win the big game when it mattered. This is not downgrading Romo in any way, but he was a good QB when you needed great. He had his chances in 2006 against Seattle.
2007 against the Giants
2009 against the Vikings
2014 against the Packers

Remember the December swoons, all the losses on Sunday night in Win or go home situations.
Like I said I loved Romo but he had his chances.
Spot on! :hammer:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You might be right because I just remember every time they made the playoffs they were never the best team or best talent but won two rings.
I think the sentiment at the time was that they "got hot" in 2007.

But retrospect, they just had a really tough schedule that suppressed their record. The next year they kind of proved that it wasn't a fluke.

OL was just as good as our 2014-2016 crew. Three headed RB attack and a dangerous WR room with an elite Pass Rush. They had all the ingredients.

2011, though-- that was pretty flukey. That team got healthy and just got hot.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I am a Romo fan but it's been more than time to let it go...
Didn't mean to seem like I was dwelling.

The thread was just a reminder of how little success we had with a franchise QB, especially considering the relatively weak division between 2010 and 2014.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Lol. Stop already. I loved Romo when he was here, way more than I pull for Dak to be honest. Having said that I 100% believe Romo had all the talent around him to do more than he did. He just could not win the big game when it mattered. This is not downgrading Romo in any way, but he was a good QB when you needed great. He had his chances in 2006 against Seattle.
2007 against the Giants
2009 against the Vikings
2014 against the Packers

Remember the December swoons, all the losses on Sunday night in Win or go home situations.
Like I said I loved Romo but he had his chances.
Like I said in other posts, Romo deserved some blame, too.

But this thread began with a discussion of division titles, which reminded me that Romo only had 3.

You've referenced all three years in which we captured the title as a team, so we're not far off here.

I think we're both acknowledging those were our best teams, but even the 2014 team had a glaringly weak defense.

But there's a pretty sizeable gap between 2009 and 2014.

For the 4 seasons of what should have been Romo's prime, during one of the weakest stretches of competition for the NFCE, we failed to field a team that could produce a winning season.

So I stand by what I said before.

GINeric

Reaction score
I cant stand his posting style hes the biggest troll on this site and it would be a better place with him and those like him gone but I will say this I have seen him post some positive things as of recent. Not sure if its showmanship or heartfelt though but Ive seen him do it.

This is coming from someone that actually cant stand his posting style and hopes Dak gets extended just to piss him off.

I've NEVER seen him post anything positive.... no matter how well Dak has ever done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's awesome but we really should have built a better roster around Romo.
He had some real good rosters. He wouldn’t have had the success he had if didn’t have some real talented teams. The 07 team was the best Cowboys team I had seen since the championship teams we had in the 90s. Some act like he was stuck on bad teams his entire career. :rolleyes:

BKBDAD

Reaction score
How is it just now or never for just Dak? What about the rest of the team and coaching staff? It's not now or never for them as well??

When did a team game become an individual sport?
That's just the way the NFL is, it's a QB driven league! Dak is in his 8th year with only 2 playoff wins! That just isn't acceptable for a team like the Cowboys when so much is expected. This is by far and away the best situation he and the team has been in since Dak began playing, with the possibility of having 2 home games before having to travel to San Francisco if they also win out. If SF were to lose, we could be at home for all of our potential playoff games with a chance at a Super Bowl. Like I said, it's now or most likely never during Dak's tenure in Dallas, it doesn't get any better than this!. GO COWBOYS!!

BKBDAD

Reaction score
The guy made $150 million dollars playing a game, makes $20 million a year talking about it ONE DAY A WEEK and is married to a beauty queen. I would like to be that level of loser.
Romo a loser?? What an idiot you sound like! Were Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Randall McDaniel, Chris Carter, etc. etc. etc. all losers because they didn't win a Super Bowl? HELL NO! It's hard to win and just because your aren't fortunate enough to win a Championship does not define a players career or him personally as a losing one!

GINeric

Reaction score
That's just the way the NFL is, it's a QB driven league! Dak is in his 8th year with only 2 playoff wins! That just isn't acceptable for a team like the Cowboys when so much is expected. This is by far and away the best situation he and the team has been in since Dak began playing, with the possibility of having 2 home games before having to travel to San Francisco if they also win out. If SF were to lose, we could be at home for all of our potential playoff games with a chance at a Super Bowl. Like I said, it's now or most likely never during Dak's tenure in Dallas, it doesn't get any better than this!. GO COWBOYS!!
I understand what you're saying with everything else.

But this highlighted sentence is what I disagree with. How is Dak in the best situation of his career, with possibly the worst running game of his career??

If Dallas had a running game and we could stop the run, then we'd be a number one seed hands down.

cowboyed

Reaction score
if this team comes out flat and uninterested then I want McCarthy fired. He should be getting under their skin all this week prepping them to be hungry. don't take the commanders lightly or you get our arses kicked like last year
I say 2 days prior to each post season game commencing with the Commanders on Sunday feed the players only marinated armadillo sphincter with a side of fruit bat colostrum mashed potatoes and limburger cheesecake while washing it all down with carbonated horse jizz. That should piss them off royally all the way to the Super Bowl.