With a win on Sunday Dak can put himself in good company

foofighters

Reaction score
Screenshot-20240102-162100-Gallery.jpg
LOL. Just like I just said to the other dude, it's time to let it go. Dak is our QB. Y'all need to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Don't you Texas boys have nice weather? Here in Iowa it's cold and foggy.

starfan1

Reaction score
I am a Romo fan but it's been more than time to let it go...
haha some wont ever do that. In fact i think well hear about it until Dak hangs it up. Those 2 will be forever tied to the hip in conversations. I just never understood the love but to each their own. Id love more Roger threads

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I cant stand his posting style hes the biggest troll on this site and it would be a better place with him and those like him gone but I will say this I have seen him post some positive things as of recent. Not sure if its showmanship or heartfelt though but Ive seen him do it.

This is coming from someone that actually cant stand his posting style and hopes Dak gets extended just to piss him off.
the positive posts are a ploy. he was called out multiple times and so he deliberatley changes his posts. its not the first time. he was called out for posting nothing but Dak comments and bam, there you go he starts to post comments in other threads. he is doing this because he expects the cowboys will fail in playoffs and then he has all off season to bash dak. that's his schtick. nothing more. he is a total fraud. a closet eagles fan as he jumps to their defense often. he is not that smart, quite emotional and gets riled up and distracted easily. he has a pattern of comments he follows. a troll for sure, but I like yanking his chain from time to time. he so easily gets edgy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The guy made $150 million dollars playing a game, makes $20 million a year talking about it ONE DAY A WEEK and is married to a beauty queen. I would like to be that level of loser.
He’s talking about as a NFL player. He’s clearly doing well at life and has a great gig.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol. Stop already. I loved Romo when he was here, way more than I pull for Dak to be honest. Having said that I 100% believe Romo had all the talent around him to do more than he did. He just could not win the big game when it mattered. This is not downgrading Romo in any way, but he was a good QB when you needed great. He had his chances in 2006 against Seattle.
2007 against the Giants
2009 against the Vikings
2014 against the Packers

Remember the December swoons, all the losses on Sunday night in Win or go home situations.
Like I said I loved Romo but he had his chances.
It’s like they wanted Romo to have an All Pro team around him. Sheesh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you might be getting them confused with the 2011 squad.

They went 10-6 with 4 of their losses coming to 13-3 GB, 13-3 DAL (x2), and the 16-0 Pats, and were pretty comfortably the 5 seed.

That year, they were largely held back by a struggling Eli Manning, as 5 of their 10 wins happened with him posting a passer rating under 60.

But once he put it together, they beat all 3 of the previously mentioned title contenders in the playoffs, and then continued their success into 2008.

Despite losing HOF’er Michael Strahan, the 08 Giants club started 11-1, beating all 4 conference championship participants, including the SB winning Steelers on the road.

Then Plaxico Burress shot hindelf him the leg, and it fell apart.

In short, they were much better than their record.
You might be right because I just remember every time they made the playoffs they were never the best team or best talent but won two rings.

1942willys

Reaction score
You might be right because I just remember every time they made the playoffs they were never the best team or best talent but won two rings.
The team that wins the SB has to have talent and they have to get hot at exactly the right time. Both of the Giant wins were exactly that; and when Flacco won with the Ravens the same thing. BUT in each case it was much more due to the Defense then the Offense. The 2007 Pats had set NFL Records in numerous offensive areas but the Giants held them to 2 TDs.

1942willys

Reaction score
He’s talking about as a NFL player. He’s clearly doing well at life and has a great gig.
Hard to call someone a loser who did what Romo did as a player. I guess Marino was a loser too since he never won a ring?
Jim Kelly clearly was a loser as well since he never won a ring. See how that works?
AND at this point Dak is a loser too since he never has won a ring.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The team that wins the SB has to have talent and they have to get hot at exactly the right time. Both of the Giant wins were exactly that; and when Flacco won with the Ravens the same thing. BUT in each case it was much more due to the Defense then the Offense. The 2007 Pats had set NFL Records in numerous offensive areas but the Giants held them to 2 TDs.
Giants were never more talented than the Cowboys in those SB runs. Eli Manning just turned it on when the playoffs started. Romo was just blah. Flacco also turned it on that SB year. That’s how you win. Your QB playing over their head.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hard to call someone a loser who did what Romo did as a player. I guess Marino was a loser too since he never won a ring?
Jim Kelly clearly was a loser as well since he never won a ring. See how that works?
AND at this point Dak is a loser too since he never has won a ring.
Dak is a loser too he too has choked in the playoffs.

Comparing Jim Kelly who made the SB 5 times and Marino who made a SB is just low life and moronic. It’s when defending Romo goes too far.

1942willys

Reaction score
Sure I’d love if he did…but it ain’t happening lol.
IT simply is impossible to build the rosters that we saw in the pre cap era; you just cannot do it. You look at our 92 team and how fast it got raided as FA began. In the old days that team would have been together completely intact except for injuries or retirements for at least 5-7 years.

1942willys

Reaction score
Giants were never more talented than the Cowboys in those SB runs. Eli Manning just turned it on when the playoffs started. Romo was just blah. Flacco also turned it on that SB year. That’s how you win. Your QB playing over their head.
Or the D going nuts like it did in 2007. That was NOT Eli; pure dumb luck on the helmet play and do you remember samuels dropping the pick that hit his hands the play before?
What if Crayton had not bungled it in that last drive? The Boys would have won. See how slight the difference in winning and losing can be?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or the D going nuts like it did in 2007. That was NOT Eli; pure dumb luck on the helmet play and do you remember samuels dropping the pick that hit his hands the play before?
What if Crayton had not bungled it in that last drive? The Boys would have won. See how slight the difference in winning and losing can be?
Doesn’t matter. You can’t say winning two SBs is luck. No matter cares even if they were. The record books say Eli Mannjng is a two time SB champion and he beat Brady twice. Nobody cars how’s I’ll take a lucky SB.

1942willys

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. You can’t say winning two SBs is luck. No matter cares even if they were. The record books say Eli Mannjng is a two time SB champion and he beat Brady twice. Nobody cars how’s I’ll take a lucky SB.
I say 2007 was certainly luck. The helmet play was not luck?