With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t care about whatever people you’re referring to. You keep saying he’s never started NFL games. That’s false. I just pointed it out.
I did not say he never started an NFL game. I was referring to let's just wait and see if he starts another game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was extremely inaccurate (just as sporadic as Lance)

He looked better because he was playing with better players

The Team was winning; and the season was 3/4 over by the time Romo was ready to come back.
no, he wasn't missing wide open WRs and throwing it 5 yards over their head.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
uhh, yeah. as would a good dak. that’s the point. it’s all silliness and pointing out the hypocrisy
Yes...
I root for both. But I can see why some would pull more for Lance, as possible qb of our future.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
uhh, yeah. as would a good dak. that’s the point. it’s all silliness and pointing out the hypocrisy
A "good" Dak demands too big a slice of salary cap pie, plain and simple. If he hasn't won with talent around him, he dang sure isn't doing it with less talent.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You want to absolve the defense of blame..."
Another strawman.

Your only evidence to say they were a Super Bowl roster is that they were the #1 seed.
LOL. You don't remember anything written. It wasn't the only evidence given. I also said the team defense was ranked #5 during the year. That's a SB capable defense. The offense was ranked also #5.

So you have three quantitative measures that qualify the team as a SB capable roster.

Dak also was the QB that played to earn that #1 seed.
Dak is irrelevant to the question of whether the team had a SB capable roster unless you're trying to deny the team did because he was on it. But I never argued such a thing because that is counter to the claim I made.

You are really bad at this argument thing.

My argument is and has been that the roster was not a Super Bowl caliber roster including Dak but also because the defense stunk.
That was never your argument. But even if it was, all you have is they didn't make it to the SB or NFC championship game so they didn't have one.

Just because a team chokes doesn't deny the argument.

QED

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A "good" Dak demands too big a slice of salary cap pie, plain and simple. If he hasn't won with talent around him, he dang sure isn't doing it with less talent.
Dak said "he deserves to get paid", then we have a poster or two that says "Dak is next in line to get paid". Dak has his fans so wrapped around his little finger for doing nothing but stinking up the stadium when the bright lights come on, but, yeah, give him mo, mo, mo money, he deserves it and he is next in line. lmao

Chasing6

Reaction score
Another strawman.

LOL. You don't remember anything written. It wasn't the only evidence given. I also said the team defense was ranked #5 during the year. That's a SB capable defense. The offense was ranked also #5.

So you have three quantitative measures that qualify the team as a SB capable roster.

Dak is irrelevant to the question of whether the team had a SB capable roster unless you're trying to deny the team did because he was on it. But I never argued such a thing because that is counter to the claim I made.

You are really bad at this argument thing.

That was never your argument. But even if it was, all you have is they didn't make it to the SB or NFC championship game so they didn't have one.

Just because a team chokes doesn't deny the argument.

QED
Bottom line is the playoffs is a different season. The regular season become irrelevant at that point.

We were last in offense and last in defense last year in the playoffs.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Lance showed he can be very good, and maybe even great.
He looked like a first round pick in last night's game.
And with Mike McCarthy he can develop In Mike's system and be disciplined and mature into the next great Cowboys quarterback. Tony Romo had the unfortunate experience of basically not having a head coach after Parcells left and he self destructed; Dak came in under the same incompetent administration of Jason Garrett and was taught no accountability. But Mike McCarthy is a real head coach.
Now the pieces could all be in place, should the Cowboys recognize that they finally have found the quarterback they need to take the next step.
Over the past sixteen years the Cowboys had a quarterback with no coach, then they had a coach with no quarterback.
Now they finally have a chance toʻ have both in place.
Let's hope they take advantage of it.
If you’re right certainly Jerry will inquire with their representation if their intere$ted in signing contracts to stay with the team in 2025. Or, unlike you, does Jerry think neither have proved their value?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who did Lance play with in his first 3 NFL seasons?

That's what my post was about, so that's what you're asking me about, right?

I'll answer: Lance had the best supporting cast in the entire NFL, the San Francisco 49ers.

He failed MISERABLY there, and forced a trade last year because he couldn't even earn a BACKUP SPOT.

Thanks for playing!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
2 games with Deebo (1st 2 games Deebo as a rookie) and no Christian McCaffrey. That's half of the firepower Purdy has had.

Just saying.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He never got to play with McCathery and Debo was not "Debo" yet. You are talking out your rear end
Who was Debo back then???

Did Debo, become Debo because of Purdy? Is that what your trying to say.

IMGumby

Reaction score
Lance showed he can be very good,...and with Mike McCarthy he can develop
Tom Clements was the QB whisperer for McCarthy from 2006 to 2011 and has now spent the last two years working with Jordan Love.