With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"You actually think you shouldn't get *** over even if you don't deserve it? ..on my how CUTE!"

Is this English?
:lmao2:
There's a tad bit of double negative there...and context of my reply is necessary....but yes. :laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hey buddy, who claimed that Dak wasn’t part of those teams?

You’re digressing from your stupid claim by throwing in straw men because it was countered and disproven.
Do you even know what a straw man argument is? Because I certainly didn’t use one.

You’re just throwing out words you’ve seen before because your argument was stupid and you got called out on it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lance showed he can be very good, and maybe even great.
He looked like a first round pick in last night's game.
And with Mike McCarthy he can develop In Mike's system and be disciplined and mature into the next great Cowboys quarterback. Tony Romo had the unfortunate experience of basically not having a head coach after Parcells left and he self destructed; Dak came in under the same incompetent administration of Jason Garrett and was taught no accountability. But Mike McCarthy is a real head coach.
Now the pieces could all be in place, should the Cowboys recognize that they finally have found the quarterback they need to take the next step.
Over the past sixteen years the Cowboys had a quarterback with no coach, then they had a coach with no quarterback.
Now they finally have a chance toʻ have both in place.
Let's hope they take advantage of it.
OMG, you found your champion and your cause. this is Tashard Choice and Kellen Moore all over again. you making claims you can't back up or explain.

Lance is not a good QB. come to terms with it.

and you don't know football, we all know that very well.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Do you even know what a straw man argument is? Because I certainly didn’t use one.

You’re just throwing out words you’ve seen before because your argument was stupid and you got called out on it.
Yes, you did. The fact that you mentioned Dak being on the team that was a #1 seed as some kind of response to the issue of whether the 2016 team had a SB worthy roster proves it. Unless you’re trying to prove that him being on the team didn’t make the team SB worthy which is contrary to your argument.

kevm3

Reaction score
Commanded the field when, after he handed it off? Dak was exactly "this". Dak was extremely inaccurate his first few years, but it didn't matter because the running game was the offense's strength. He was never ask to make plays down field. So please stop with the Dak was better narrative, he was just as raw, and just as inconsistent as Lance.
Dak was never extremely inaccurate

Dak also looked significantly better than Lance

If Dak was extremely inaccurate, Romo would have snatched the job back.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Dak was never extremely inaccurate

Dak also looked significantly better than Lance

If Dak was extremely inaccurate, Romo would have snatched the job back.

He was extremely inaccurate (just as sporadic as Lance)

He looked better because he was playing with better players

The Team was winning; and the season was 3/4 over by the time Romo was ready to come back.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He already started some with the 49ers. Why do you keep leaving this out? Lance was injured then effectively beat out by Purdy last year based on the head coach’s opinion.
Wow. People don't want to talk about his past performance when it is convenient. Then they do when it is convenient. Which one is it???

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes, you did. The fact that you mentioned Dak being on the team that was a #1 seed as some kind of response to the issue of whether the 2016 team had a SB worthy roster proves it. Unless you’re trying to prove that him being on the team didn’t make the team SB worthy which is contrary to your argument.
No, I’m in a circular argument with you because your entire take lacks rationality. You also seem to lack reading comprehension.

You literally state it was a Super Bowl roster because they were a #1 seed. Dak was the QB the entire season. Which means, based on your argument that the roster was Super Bowl caliber with Dak as the QB.

You then want to blame Dak alone for them not winning a Super Bowl. When during the playoff loss, the defense got absolutely smoked all game long by the Packers offense for 34 points.

My argument is that the roster wasn’t Super Bowl caliber for a variety of reasons beyond just Dak. Namely that the defense wasn’t very good and certainly wasn’t a Super Bowl caliber defense.

That 2016 playoff loss can be blamed on numerous players and Dak is not the sole reason they lost. Anybody who thinks Dak is the sole reason that team lost the game needs to either go back and rewatch or get their head examined. It was a total team loss with critical mistakes made by multiple players across the entire roster.

I also think your Aaron Rodger’s excuse was pathetic. Even if the cowboys beat the packers there. They then would have needed to play the Falcons led by the league MVP Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Even if they beat the Falcons, they then would
Have to beat the best QB of all time named Tom Brady.

You may expect a defense with a putrid defensive line and a non existent pass rush to be able to hang against top offenses led by those QB’s. But I sure didn’t. Which is why I said the defense wasn’t super bowl caliber. Because Super Bowl caliber offenses would wreck their ****. Like the packers did.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Hey, Einstein Dak played with an HOF offline, a Rookie Zeke, Dez, and Witten, whos Lance playing with?
Man, you STANS are a unique breed.............jeez.
The Kid just might be the real deal only more playing time esp with the # 1 team will tell us the tale on him
Dak we know is a FAILURE a stat bandito who couldn't beat a team with a pulse if his life depended on it!!!
did lance not have a hof oline? elite defense, and arguably the best pass catching corps in the league in sf? lol. also you know his post was in response to trey looking like early dak? boy you got it bad.

Proof

Reaction score
Well, he is a Cowboy now. And if you wish him bad luck that tells everyone that you are a Dak over Dallas fan.

Now, go play somewhere else, maybe with your Dak doll.

giggle, giggle, laugh real hard and giggle.
Such a child.
wouldn't that make you a LANCE over dallas fan? lol. y'all are such weirdos.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
one point to note in the Dak-ancer and Lance debate, is that if it is a fact that Dak is good as a QB up to this point and that he has improved statistically speaking, it cannot be denied that it has been 8 years that we constantly see how Dak-ancer does not meet the expectation of taking this team beyond the first playoff game, he has been tolerated for 8 years, and he has been given the opportunity, yes he has improved statistically but when it comes to pressure and making decisions and important games he has always been the same, he simply can't do it, why not give Lance the opportunity now? all that is said is that Lance can't do it, that he couldn't do it with the 49ers, it's that Lance is not accurate when throwing, isn't it that... haven't we seen that and worse things from Dak in these 8 years? I do believe that Lance can be better than Dak, if he is given the opportunity and time, the Cowboys need to refresh the QB area, Dak-ancer is that a Dak-ancer

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wow. People don't want to talk about his past performance when it is convenient. Then they do when it is convenient. Which one is it???
I don’t care about whatever people you’re referring to. You keep saying he’s never started NFL games. That’s false. I just pointed it out.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No, I’m in a circular argument with you because your entire take lacks rationality. You also seem to lack reading comprehension.

You literally state it was a Super Bowl roster because they were a #1 seed. Dak was the QB the entire season. Which means, based on your argument that the roster was Super Bowl caliber with Dak as the QB.

You then want to blame Dak alone for them not winning a Super Bowl. When during the playoff loss, the defense got absolutely smoked all game long by the Packers offense for 34 points.

My argument is that the roster wasn’t Super Bowl caliber for a variety of reasons beyond just Dak. Namely that the defense wasn’t very good and certainly wasn’t a Super Bowl caliber defense.

That 2016 playoff loss can be blamed on numerous players and Dak is not the sole reason they lost. Anybody who thinks Dak is the sole reason that team lost the game needs to either go back and rewatch or get their head examined. It was a total team loss with critical mistakes made by multiple players across the entire roster.

I also think your Aaron Rodger’s excuse was pathetic. Even if the cowboys beat the packers there. They then would have needed to play the Falcons led by the league MVP Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Even if they beat the Falcons, they then would
Have to beat the best QB of all time named Tom Brady.

You may expect a defense with a putrid defensive line and a non existent pass rush to be able to hang against top offenses led by those QB’s. But I sure didn’t. Which is why I said the defense wasn’t super bowl caliber. Because Super Bowl caliber offenses would wreck their ****. Like the packers did.
I never blamed Dak as the sole reason they lost. I said he was unable to move the ball in the first half until after it became 21-3 which has been a pattern that he has now exhibited in multiple playoff games, i.e., poorer first half play. I said, sometimes defenses are beaten by good QBs and it takes a comparable QB to trade TDs back and forth, especially against a defense which has one of the worst passing defenses in the league.

Again, you attacked another strawman.

I argued against your claim that they weren’t a SB capable roster annd already repeated the reasons as to why.

You just said, “oh they didn’t make the SB, therefore they weren’t.”

Stop obfuscating the issue.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I never blamed Dak as the sole reason they lost. I said he was unable to move the ball in the first half until after it became 21-3 which has been a pattern that he has now exhibited in multiple playoff games, i.e., poorer first half play. I said, sometimes defenses are beaten by good QBs and it takes a comparable QB to trade TDs back and forth, especially against a defense which has one of the worst passing defenses in the league.

Again, you attacked another strawman.

I argued against your claim that they weren’t a SB capable roster annd already repeated the reasons as to why.

You just said, “oh they didn’t make the SB, therefore they weren’t.”

Stop obfuscating the issue.
No it’s not a straw man because the topics are intrinsically tied together. You can’t ignore the fact they’re tied together just because you seem
To want to. That’s irrational.

You want to absolve the defense of blame for the game when they were equally as bad as the offense when the team fell down 21-3. That’s stupid. It’s a stupid argument. Devoid of football knowledge.

your claim that it was a Super Bowl roster was and remains laughable. Your only evidence to say they were a Super Bowl roster is that they were the #1 seed. But Dak also was the QB that played to earn that #1 seed. So again your argument is weak.

My argument is and has been that the roster was not a Super Bowl caliber roster including Dak but also because the defense stunk. The same defense that got punked by the Packers in that playoff game.