With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

coult44

Reaction score
Lance showed he can be very good, and maybe even great.
He looked like a first round pick in last night's game.
And with Mike McCarthy he can develop In Mike's system and be disciplined and mature into the next great Cowboys quarterback. Tony Romo had the unfortunate experience of basically not having a head coach after Parcells left and he self destructed; Dak came in under the same incompetent administration of Jason Garrett and was taught no accountability. But Mike McCarthy is a real head coach.
Now the pieces could all be in place, should the Cowboys recognize that they finally have found the quarterback they need to take the next step.
Over the past sixteen years the Cowboys had a quarterback with no coach, then they had a coach with no quarterback.
Now they finally have a chance toʻ have both in place.
Let's hope they take advantage of it.
Why are there always two extremes to every argument? Why does nobody want to be balanced? You sound just as bad as the guys that say he’s horrible and he could never be an NFL quarterback.

The truth is, he could develop into a capable back up QB and eventually get good enough to be a starting NFL quarterback. Why not just leave it there? He has done nothing to show anybody without an agenda, that he will be great. Just like, he should be proving to anyone without an agenda, that he can become a starting NFL quarterback.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see....so you can boast claims without any proof? Hmmm....sweet gig dude.

HungryLion said:
Much better than Lance’s actually. Not that it matters.

The preseason isn't even over yet...and you claimed Dak's was better. Credibility....zero.
Trance fans are desperate debating preseason stats. :lmao:

How about we just wait and see if he ever starts a game in the NFL.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas literally just dumbed down the offense for Dak again and he got blown out by the 49ers so they had to tell him to basically force-feed Lamb and tell him to bail early. And then he ended the season with 5 picks, should have had 3 against the Packers, but the LB dropped it, though it was right in his hands.

Nav22

Reaction score
Trey right now >>> Dak in 2017

There is no doubt in my mind Trey can go out there and play better than Dak did that season
Hilarious how low some of you have set the bar for Trey Lance.

Dak was literally the MVP runner-up and he gets slammed here every day by the same exact people.
:laugh:

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has been coddled ever since he’s been here. Dallas gave him plenty of games to ‘improve’. They were resting Zeke, while they played Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Dak was literally the MVP runner-up and he gets slammed here every day by the same exact people.
The Trance is very strong with some of these people. It will wear off soon enough.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Freaking troll, I don't know any Trance fans except you.

I'm a fan of Lance as a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

Your crap is getting weak...Mr. Trance.

khiladi

Reaction score
People have been re-writing the narrative of Dak that he’s been the offensive rookie of the year every year. The guy got a contract off 7 TOs in 4 and a half games and garbage time stats after fracturing his leg.

Jerry coddled this guy like no other and the narrative by the fanboys was Dak “earned the contract”. He didn’t earn crap. Outside of 2016 and they loaded roster when Zeke was averaging over 5 YPC on first down and a weak schedule (Dak was trash against the Giants and Ravens, the only 2 good defenses he played against), he was a mediocrity when he got that contract.

khiladi

Reaction score
He had the number 1 TO defense in the league two years running and another top 5. He’s played against the weakest secondaries and he is lucky his career coincides with the NFC East being a complete disaster.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Poor Dak...if you are not first, you are last.

But he got a cookie for the MVP...then a 7th seed team showed up.

He cried to the sky and lost the game for his team.
Give him money, he deserves it, ask him if you meet him.

khiladi

Reaction score

Apparently Lamar and his 49 first placed vote is no competiton for Dak and his 1 first place vote (Zeke probably voted for him) for MVP.. Dak is by far a much better QB as his MVP runner up tally shows..

HungryLion

Reaction score
@HungryLion dont rewrite history to make Dak look better than he was

If we went back to Romo, the 2016 team was our best chance at a Super Bowl since the 90s
I’m not rewriting anything man.

All I did was start in this thread saying Trey has been mid so far. And it’s turned into rehashing history from 8 years ago about the 2016 roster because me saying that triggered some
People.

I also fail to see any similarities between Trey now and rookie Dak.

Remember the goal isn’t to get another Dak. It’s to get better. What has Trey done to
Show even the slightest inkling he is better than Dak? Nothing yet if we are being honest.

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine calling 49 votes to 1 “runner up”…. My oh my…. What they hang their hats on

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine calling 49 votes to 1 “runner up”…. My oh my…. What they hang their hats on
They gave him a plastic trophy. Remember when he beat a goat?

Soon he will get some other accloyed prize, but, no Soup for you, mush less a SB.

Pay the kid, he will dance for you before games...

sbark

Reaction score
Lmao. Actually I can. What, I can’t because you say I can’t?

Did the cowboys win a Super Bowl in 2016? Did they anytime in the years preceding or after?

No.

Not a Super Bowl roster.

Anyone stating they were a Super Bowl roster is merely making a projection or stating their opinion. One I disagree with and am
Justified in disagreeing with that opinion.

The defensive line was pathetic in 2016. DL/OL are the most important parts of a roster behind QB.
Are not you Daksters always saying how much Great stats in the reg season prove he is the present “chosen one” for Dallas and makes him “deserving” of 60 mill plus

But then you say being the #1 seed after the reg season is complete doesn’t mean a thing.

When Dak is done with football....he can be the next Jim Jones

Nav22

Reaction score

You're worth whatever someone is willing to pay you.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hey buddy, Dak was the QB for every single game to earn that #1 seed. So if that’s your argument, a team earning the #1 seed means it’s Super Bowl caliber, then he was part and parcel of that Super Bowl caliber roster.
Hey buddy, who claimed that Dak wasn’t part of those teams?

You’re digressing from your stupid claim by throwing in straw men because it was countered and disproven.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

He already started some with the 49ers. Why do you keep leaving this out? Lance was injured then effectively beat out by Purdy last year based on the head coach’s opinion.