With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

HungryLion

Reaction score
OMG. You just repeated the same thing that I countered. The fact they they didn’t make a conference championship game or SB was a big disappointment because you had gained the #1 seed playing all year proving that you were a SB capable roster. Just because you don’t make it there doesn’t just negate it. Then playing in the regular season would be pointless and they would just have playoffs for all teams.

And what the teams are in prior or later years have nothing to do with the current year.

How many accounts do you have?
Btw. You do realize Dak was the QB the entire regular season where they earned that #1 seed. Right? Right?

You keep using the fact they were the #1 seed as proof they were a Super Bowl roster. When Dak literally started every single game to win that #1 seed.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Trey right now >>> Dak in 2017

There is no doubt in my mind Trey can go out there and play better than Dak did that season

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No. It’s an opinion and a ****** one at that.

At least my opinion is based on you know. The actual results.

You want to argue that a DL with Jack Crawford and Malik Collin’s starting along Tyrone Crawford was just the bees knees then go right ahead.
I said it wasn’t “PURELY opinion” like you claimed. Learn to read.

Your opinion is based on nothing but a claim that they weren’t a SB capable roster because they didn’t get to an NFC championship game or SB which totally arbitrary, because it dismisses everything that occurred during the year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Trey right now >>> Dak in 2017

There is no doubt in my mind Trey can go out there and play better than Dak did that season
Maybe. But the entire point is to get BETTER at QB. Not just more of the same.

Personally I would rather draft somebody and start fresh.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I said it wasn’t “PURELY opinion” like you claimed. Learn to read.

Your opinion is based on nothing but a claim that they weren’t a SB capable roster because they didn’t get to an NFC championship game or SB which totally arbitrary, because it dismisses everything that occurred during the year.
And what’s yours based on? Mines based on how the team actually performed where it counts, the W/L column in the playoffs and their performance in the playoffs.

What’s your based on again. You made a vague referenced to “facts about the game”.

What facts about the game is your position based off of? The only thing you offered so far was that they were the #1 seed. Which is laughable because they earned the #1 seed with Dak starting every game.

So please, share the “facts about the game” as to why it was a Super Bowl roster. The facts that aren’t based on your feels.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
And what’s yours based on? Mines based on how the team actually performed where it counts, the W/L column in the playoffs and their performance in the playoffs.

What’s your based on again. You made a vague referenced to “facts about the game”.

What facts about the game is your position based off of? The only thing you offered so far was that they were the #1 seed. Which is laughable because they earned the #1 seed with Dak starting every game.

So please, share the “facts about the game” as to why it was a Super Bowl roster. The facts that aren’t based on your feels.
Hey dummy.

You made a claim that it wasn’t a SB capable team. I said then what does a #1 seed across a sixteen game season prove? That it was pure luck? They just play the games for fun and roll the dice? I also said they had the 5th or 6th ranked defense during the year.

You base it on results that they didn’t get to a SB or a NFC championship game. That doesn’t qualify a team as a SB capable team. That qualifies them as not fulfilling their potential to be one. You just arbitrarily chose such a qualification because you’re using the same Dak-Stan excuse of blaming the defense for the team not being SB capable.

LOBO7

Reaction score
It's amazing how people see what they want to see.
Lance has a long way to go.
Right now, he's a better runner than he is a passer.
He's not anywhere close to taking Dak's place.
There’s a scenario where he takes over week 8.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
@HungryLion dont rewrite history to make Dak look better than he was

If we went back to Romo, the 2016 team was our best chance at a Super Bowl since the 90s

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hey dummy.

You made a claim that it wasn’t a SB capable team. I said then what does a #1 seed across a sixteen game season prove? That it was pure luck? They just play the games for fun and roll the dice? I also said they had the 5th or 6th ranked defense during the year.

You base it on results that they didn’t get to a SB or a NFC championship game. That doesn’t qualify a team as a SB capable team. That qualifies them as not fulfilling their potential to be one. You just arbitrarily chose such a qualification because you’re using the same Dak-Stan excuse of blaming the defense for the team not being SB capable.
Hey buddy, Dak was the QB for every single game to earn that #1 seed. So if that’s your argument, a team earning the #1 seed means it’s Super Bowl caliber, then he was part and parcel of that Super Bowl caliber roster.

So through that lens maybe now you can see how absolutely stupid your argument is.

Maybe you’re right though. I’ll apologize now to the living legends. Jack Crawford, Terrell McLain, Maliek Collins, Tyrone Crawford, morris claiborne, Orlando scandrick, Byron Jones.

The key pieces to that legendary 2016 defense that was held back by that dastardly Dak Prescott.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree, and many QBs who could have benefited from sitting for a year or two just don’t get the time to do that due to money/cap.

It creates the QB supply problem that results in a worse overall product and the league really needs to take a long look at some sort of fix, but Roger is too busy trying to grab money from foreign countries so he can keep his job.
He is sitting on year 5.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who did Lance play with in his first 3 NFL seasons?

That's what my post was about, so that's what you're asking me about, right?

I'll answer: Lance had the best supporting cast in the entire NFL, the San Francisco 49ers.

He failed MISERABLY there, and forced a trade last year because he couldn't even earn a BACKUP SPOT.

Thanks for playing!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
But he beat our Jimmy G.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just comparing the trajectory
And to make a point, Dak was pedestrian his first few years. Comparable to Trey.
Wait Trance has a trajectory?

Going from 3rd overall to traded for a 4th round pick is a downward trend.

khiladi

Reaction score
You guys are inflating Dak's impact. He was very inaccurate his first few seasons, he could not get in sync with Dez, or any of the other receivers for that matter, who all seemed to thrive with Romo under center. The success of that team was built on the offensive line, and the running game. He seldom threw picks because he seldom threw past 10 yrds.
They forget how bad Dak was in year 2. He has 3 pick 6s before Linehan had to take the reins away from him and go Zeke heavy. Then Zeke was suspended and Dak was horrible and couldn’t even put up double-digit points against any of the winning teams he played during that stretch and he struggled againsr bums. Then he was awful in the Dak-friendly offense and Dallas had to leverage a bunch of picks to get Amari who saved him. But Dak still sucked against zone. And so on…