With no cap money Saints sign Byrd

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The good teams avoid the horrific contracts like Carr's.

Only to one up that decision by wasting a 1st and 2nd on Claiborne the following month.

You could GM for 10 years and not make two bigger mistakes than that.

Carr's contract isn't horrific. Get that conjecture out of here.

ferrispata

Reaction score
The safety position is probably the most important position on the defense. We've had monster contracts at WR and OL. Where did it take us? What have we not had since the days of a feared defense? What have we been needing for almost two decades??? A safety!!!

I don't agree. Build the trenches. DL and OL. Fix those and everything else gets better.

burmafrd

Reaction score
they are betting everything that the cap will go up as much as rumored. But they are a team that thinks NOW is more important then 3-5 years in the future. So they are going all in. I can see that; Brees has only probably 2-4 years of top performance left and now is probably their best bet to get another SB.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The thought that people on this particular board would be dumbfounded by a team signing players with little or no cap space cracks me up.

New Orleans knows that they have to get the job done before Brees goes. They're trying to win before the window closes.

I think that window is so close to shutting as it is I'm not sure signing Byrd is going to really help prop it open that much longer.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Chris-Rock-Im-Gonna-Git-You-Sucka.jpg

Good lord, that's a lot of money!

Love IT! How bout I ge ya 30 cent and a jawbreaker?...50 cent and a toothbrush?...70 cent and some M & M's? Come on man, work with me here!