With our DEs out, if we don't tank now in 2024, when?

Bagman

Reaction score
I don’t know why people like Belichick. He did nothing before or after Brady.
He built a dynasty that was physically and mentally strong on both sides of the ball. He had a world class defense and special teams for well over 2 decades. His teams were always among the smartest and most disciplined. And most importantly, the Patriots were always ready with an opponent specific game plan. They were always able to take away an opponents best weapons and exploit their weaknesses. I'm sorry, that's got nothing to do with Brady. Brady was the guy that made it all work, but don't pretend he wasn't placed in an excellent position to perform. There's 3 or 4 QBs that win those SBs with that dynasty.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
They have no choice. I hope some contenders lose some guys so we can have a fire sale. This needs to be blown up and rebuilt so that it isn’t even recognizable. Every player is expendable.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Belichick.
Can anybody imagine Old Bill working closely with football guy Jerald Jones?
Neither can I.

bigE79

Reaction score
Zimmer gonna have to add Rex Ryan type blitz packages to generate pressure.

Has Zimmer ever blitzed much?
Nice idea,but whose gonna cover the back end if the blitz fails,all we got is Diggs.

rambo2

Reaction score
C'mon mild men of the pigiron , we talk a lot about tanking.
But this is the perfect time go tank with our DEs out and a lame buck coach and a bad Defence that last Thursday got a lot worse.
It will be brutal into November.
Tank. Now.
They have a decent chance of beating the Steelers and being 3 and 2.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Mike Greene Tampa's practice squad DT 293 but is really a DE quick and lead CFB in sacks most of senior year before he got hurt

T-RO

Reaction score
I don’t know why people like Belichick. He did nothing before or after Brady.
Drivel.

As a DC he created one of the best defenses that won Super Bowls for the Giants.

His defenses were always elite and Tom had nothing to do with that. Totally shut down the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl. Totally shut down McVeigh's flying high Rams offense. I could go on for days.

Is he a great offensive mind? No. But he knows how to teach special teams and defense and he instills amazing discipline and team culture.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
C'mon mild men of the pigiron , we talk a lot about tanking.
But this is the perfect time go tank with our DEs out and a lame buck coach and a bad Defence that last Thursday got a lot worse.
It will be brutal into November.
Tank. Now.
Tanking implies losing on purpose.............we are not losing on purpose, we just actually suck this bad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
These folks want to tank when we are.500? Simply unserious people.
Silly Silvio!
When one thinks what is ahead in the meat of the schedule and then consider a revamped and tough Commodes and an angry Eagles, well I am believing tha tanking will be a natural process, anyway.