Drafted by Cowboys With the 29th pick. Dallas Cowboys take OT Tyler Guyton

ShortRound

Reaction score
As in "greatest o-line bad***??
He will wait Thursday evening with former Chatard teammates who call him "Goblin" or "Gob" because of a perceived resemblance to a character in the video game "Goblin Commander." He will wait with the family that loves him and calls him "Z" or "Z-Man."
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...k-martin-go-early-nfl-draft-thursday/8803631/

Learn something new... So I guess Guyton did his homework on Zack? That's a High School nickname

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He will wait Thursday evening with former Chatard teammates who call him "Goblin" or "Gob" because of a perceived resemblance to a character in the video game "Goblin Commander." He will wait with the family that loves him and calls him "Z" or "Z-Man."
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...k-martin-go-early-nfl-draft-thursday/8803631/

Learn something new... So I guess Guyton did his homework on Zack? That's a High School nickname
Did not know that!! Thanks for the history lesson. But my explanation sounds better!! :muttley:

morat1959

Reaction score
Mazi was over drafted because he’s a freak athlete they thought they could turn into Aaron Donald. This kid was picked about where most though he should be and is a good prospect at the position he will actually play
Time will tell. This kid is a straight up project.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Again you did not understand what i wrote.

All Pro Guard is a great pick. But first of all you wanted an LT. Second all pro guards are not needed to be successfull in the NFL. Thirs you can find great guards in the 2nd and thrid round
Youre confusing yourself. Maybe take a look at our RG another Tackle who established himself inside.
Trying to read between the lines, you think we didn't need to draft Guyton as you don't think the position's important enough to draft early on, despite the recent years where the Connor's struggles put all kinds of pressure on Dak and the running game.
You draft Centers and guards in the 2nd or maybe third. And to be honest, i dont care what mocks say. Most of them are for entertainement and not for education.
You draft talent, that's why teams have a Stack , you dont use a prescriptive positional guide to drafting.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Guytons concerns character wise are nowhere near Joseph, Hardy or Gregory.

Apples and oranges.

I have no idea about Guyton’s character, but since there are quotes from different scouts that question his work ethic and consistent effort-then I assume that the Cowboys would know all about it. If for some reason, he looks lazy or does not work very hard at his craft then that is an indictment of the Cowboys’ scouts and front office draft pick selection dynamic.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have no idea about Guyton’s character, but since there are quotes from different scouts that question his work ethic and consistent effort-then I assume that the Cowboys would know all about it. If for some reason, he looks lazy or does not work very hard at his craft then that is an indictment of the Cowboys’ scouts and front office draft pick selection dynamic.
I mean even if he has issues with consistent effort , that’s a far cry from drug addict, woman beater and gangster who has been kicked off college teams.

conner01

Reaction score
Time will tell. This kid is a straight up project.
He was widely considered the 4th best OT prospect. Had he not been so raw he’d likely been higher. But a day one starter prospect at LT generally isn’t there late in the round

Blitzen

Reaction score
I mean even if he has issues with consistent effort , that’s a far cry from drug addict, woman beater and gangster who has been kicked off college teams.

It’s still a potential major issue with regards to actually performing well at the NFL level. My general stance is that the team will completely discount some rather large concerns when they are actually picking players. They are currently filling the roster via the draft. That style has never worked well. Their best picks usually happen when they just stick to their board and not worry about filling the roster on any particular pick. I sincerely doubt that Guyton was ranked ahead of all other prospects available at 29 by their scouts. We’ll see what happens with this guy and his development.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s still a potential major issue with regards to actually performing well at the NFL level. My general stance is that the team will completely discount some rather large concerns when they are actually picking players. They are currently filling the roster via the draft. That style has never worked well. Their best picks usually happen when they just stick to their board and not worry about filling the roster on any particular pick. I sincerely doubt that Guyton was ranked ahead of all other prospects available at 29 by their scouts. We’ll see what happens with this guy and his development.
I get all that. I’m just saying I don’t think it’s fair to lump the kid in with Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory and Joseph of all people.

World class knuckleheads.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Our fans seem to think these picks happen in a vacuum. Dallas wants this player or that player and takes him when it could have traded down and got him or could have taken him with a later pick. Every year, we learn that others were after the same player around the point that he was taken. Dallas only traded down the first time because it had four players that it would have been happy to get. Guyton appears to have been in the 20-30 range for several teams, bunched with a few other players, if the rumors are true that Pittsburgh would have taken him if Fautanu had been gone. There's also a tweet, maybe in this thread, that the Eagles were interested in him if the top corner had not been there.

I imagine when a player busts like Taco Charlton that there are several scouting departments that wipe their brow and say how happy they are that they didn't end up getting him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our fans seem to think these picks happen in a vacuum. Dallas wants this player or that player and takes him when it could have traded down and got him or could have taken him with a later pick. Every year, we learn that others were after the same player around the point that he was taken. Dallas only traded down the first time because it had four players that it would have been happy to get. Guyton appears to have been in the 20-30 range for several teams, bunched with a few other players, if the rumors are true that Pittsburgh would have taken him if Fautanu had been gone. There's also a tweet, maybe in this thread, that the Eagles were interested in him if the top corner had not been there.

I imagine when a player busts like Taco Charlton that there are several scouting departments that wipe their brow and say how happy they are that they didn't end up getting him.
spot on :hammer: