4. Falcons - QB? TE? CB?
5. Cincy - OL
6. Dolphins - WR
7. Lions - WR
8. Panthers - QB?
9. Broncos - CB?
10. Dallas - ???

So who does this make fall to Dallas?
Are the trades over? Those are just the prior to the draft and a month away, I don't think they're done.

Some are looking at this as a shallow draft and they'd rather stock up for next year because a lot of good players elected to take that extra year the NCAA gave them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don’t think much changes at #10
The Cowboys might change at 10. The right player falls, they could pick up some nice draft capital and grab an extra 1st in 2022.

Bunch of Wimpy's in the NFL. "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

MrPhil

Reaction score
I will say this there is an outside chance Sewell or Pitts falls to us at 10 if 5 quarterbacks go in the first 9 picks. I still wonder if the Cowboys would draft either one over Surtain though.

Right now, I think Sewell and Pitts are the only two I would seriously consider taking over Surtain. I think Slater and Surtain are really close in grade and if both were there, I would defer to the area of bigger need......CB.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Right now, I think Sewell and Pitts are the only two I would seriously consider taking over Surtain. I think Slater and Surtain are really close in grade and if both were there, I would defer to the area of bigger need......CB.
I can’t believe that anyone would pick Chase and the Alabama receivers over Sewell or Pitts. That would be plain dumb. I have a bad feeling that the Giants and Eagles are going to get good value with the 11th and 12th picks.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Farley is better in coverage than Surtain and faster. If his surger and prognosis are good to go, give me Farley over Surtain. Speed kills. Have him run back KO’s and punts.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Farley is better in coverage than Surtain and faster. If his surger and prognosis are good to go, give me Farley over Surtain. Speed kills. Have him run back KO’s and punts.

If it wasnt for his medical history, i would be right there with you. We have too many injury prone people as it is imo.

DanA

Reaction score
So if the draft pans out as the OP predicts, the best players on the board will likely be
1. Slater
2. Waddle or Smith
3. Parsons
4. Horn

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We got 3 receivers that will get about 1,000 yards each.. Zeke another 1,000+. Pollard and then Jarwin and Shultz. Not alot of meat left on the bone for another TE.
Wasted talent.. Build the Defense and the line.
*Yeah, but ,ya know, that's just way to obvious of an solution to solidify from,,,and press forward from there*

Edit : o_O

75boyz

Reaction score
If the team thinks Surtain is going to be as special as Pitts, then I’d be all for them taking the corner.

If they think Pitts is way more special and take him, then I’d be down with them going TE at 10.

It is all about adding special talent in the top 10 IMO.

Whoever is available and graded higher out of Sewell and Slater makes the most sense. Unless nobody paid attention to Bakhtiari's loss and Fisher's loss and the impact it had in the trenches that is.
If I just gave $125 million dollars worth of guarantees and the 2 main guys protecting him on the edges are coming off major surgeries as the LT, who has missed games and had recurring physical probs for several years and the other RT to whom a bone on bone diagnosis was made after having a serious car wreck but yet to be officially verified...?

So yeah, to me personally, I'm skipping BOTH the TE AND the CB and get back to protecting the $160 million dollar mistake, ahem, I mean investment and regulate the TOP and keep this personnel lacking defense off the field.

One of the 2 tackles won't make it through a full season most likely. Unless your risk/reward is all in hoping that they both do. Philbin is a decent OL coach but Steele, Knight and the new guy Neske(sp?) are spot starters at best, not long term solutions for a season. Guess I thought this was pretty plain to see last year. Still a game won in the trenches.

Bout all I got.
Opinion is all.

sjmike

Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread, then saw this one....

If qb go 1 2 3 4 it's possible that Pitts and the wr take up the next 4 places too, especially if Atlanta moves back in a trade with Carolina. What are the chances Sewell drop to 10

Jax - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
49ers - Fields
Carolina - Lance
Cincy - Chase
Miami - Smith
Detroit - Waddle
ATL - Pitts
Denver surtain,,Parsons, Sewell, horn

??????

Talk of Mac Jones going top 10 is heating up too
Problem with Sewell is that we have two good tackles, healthy, supposedly. So he wouldn't have the impact that Surtain would. Having said that I would find it hard to pass on Sewell or Pitts because they could both be special players