With trades Who Falls To 10 Now?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Could very well be. We know it's either Lance or Fields at that spot. Question is does Atlanta take the other one or does a team like Carolina or Denver trade up? I wonder if Atlanta goes QB, does Mac Jones get drafted in the top 10? That would be huge for the Cowboys if it happened.
Yeah, it could happen. Daniel Jeremiah (on the NFL Network today) said there were rumblings that SF moved up to 3 to take Mac Jones.

I can’t really imagine that being true... but if it is, then yeah, 5 QB’s likely go in the top 10.

I don’t think that SF would care if people knew who they wanted at 3 because they would probably be happy with Lawrence or Wilson as well as their guy at 3... so I don’t think it would be mis-information put out by SF. I don’t know, maybe they really do want Jones.

I do think there’s a good chance that somebody like Carolina moves up with Atlanta for a QB and then Atl will take Pitts or Surtain at 8.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah, it could happen. Daniel Jeremiah (on the NFL Network today) said there were rumblings that SF moved up to 3 to take Mac Jones.

I can’t really imagine that being true... but if it is, then yeah, 5 QB’s likely go in the top 10.

I don’t think that SF would care if people knew who they wanted at 3 because they would probably be happy with Lawrence or Wilson as well as their guy at 3... so I don’t think it would be mis-information put out by SF. I don’t know, maybe they really do want Jones.

I do think there’s a good chance that somebody like Carolina moves up with Atlanta for a QB and then Atl will take Pitts or Surtain at 8.
I could see Atlanta doing that. However, they would have to pass on Sewell if they traded back.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I could see Atlanta doing that. However, they would have to pass on Sewell if they traded back.
They would be. I haven’t heard anything about them particularly liking Sewell. Is he someone they’re hot after? I do know they’ve spent pretty big lately on the OL but Sewell is a great prospect, so it might not matter.

rambo2

Reaction score
5qbs will go, Sewell and Slater will go, Chase and Waddle go. That gives us Surtain is my guess.

rambo2

Reaction score
What I think right now:

1. Jax - Lawrence
2. Jets - Wilson
3. Niners - Lance
4. Falcons - Fields
5. Cincy - Sewell
6. Dolphins - Chase
7. Lions - Smith
8. Panthers - Waddle
9. Broncos - Parsons
10. Dallas - Pitts

Chaos and hilarity ensue.

I think that they should take Surtain. Then they are set at corner for several years and have Dak and Lamb locked up. A good base to build on.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am going Surtain or Horn no matter what else is there. Pair either one with Diggs and we are light years better as a defense than we were last year. Add the free agent haul and the rest of the draft (good safety at 44, hopefully) and we're cooking with gas!!
I just did a mock.
10 Surtain
44 Richie Grant
75 Kenneth Gainwell
99 linebacker from North Carolina
115 I think Milton Williams defensive tackle from Louisiana Tech

I'd be happy with that. I also got Ian Smart the Notre Dame qb with a late pick.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think that they should take Surtain. Then they are set at corner for several years and have Dak and Lamb locked up. A good base to build on.
You’re not alone. A lot of people think Surtain is the guy. I love him as a prospect and I’ll be really happy if he’s the pick. The secondary could be good.

However, speaking for myself, I think Pitts is going to be so good that I would take him at 10 and use the rest of the draft to fill holes in defense. Two years from now when Gallup or Cooper are playing somewhere else, having a potential All pro to catch Dak’s passes will be very nice to have.

I realize that not everyone feels the same way... and frankly, the team might not see it the same way. And that’s fine. That’s what draft time is all about. Everyone having their favorites and wanting to see them taken by their team.

Bottom line is that Dallas should walk away with a great player in the first round.

loblolly7

Reaction score
You’re not alone. A lot of people think Surtain is the guy. I love him as a prospect and I’ll be really happy if he’s the pick. The secondary could be good.

However, speaking for myself, I think Pitts is going to be so good that I would take him at 10 and use the rest of the draft to fill holes in defense. Two years from now when Gallup or Cooper are playing somewhere else, having a potential All pro to catch Dak’s passes will be very nice to have.

I realize that not everyone feels the same way... and frankly, the team might not see it the same way. And that’s fine. That’s what draft time is all about. Everyone having their favorites and wanting to see them taken by their team.

Bottom line is that Dallas should walk away with a great player in the first round.
Kudos to you... Like the way you think...But I have this as a suggestion, what if Chase is there at 5 and since Burrow played with Chase... That might be a combination worth thinking about. I would love to take Sewel or Pitts.. Just not high enough on any Defensive prospects that will make a huge difference. Plus, there is a solid chance we get a vast upgrade in the 2nd round at corner, fair amount of talent at the CB position.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Kudos to you... Like the way you think...But I have this as a suggestion, what if Chase is there at 5 and since Burrow played with Chase... That might be a combination worth thinking about. I would love to take Sewel or Pitts.. Just not high enough on any Defensive prospects that will make a huge difference. Plus, there is a solid chance we get a vast upgrade in the 2nd round at corner, fair amount of talent at the CB position.
Cincy could take Chase, for sure. I’ve heard that a few times, citing the former Burrow - Chase connection. However, if Sewell is graded by the Bengals as highly as I think he is, then I don’t think they pass on this opportunity to add their next Anthony Munoz. Sewell would give them a dynamite set of bookend tackles for the foreseeable future. A luxury any young QB would appreciate.

It is the NFL draft though... so just about anything can happen and until it it is completed on the 29th, we can’t be sure what will unfold.

The good thing for us is that Dallas should be able to get one of Pitts, Surtain, Parsons, Waddle, or Slater. I like some better than others but they’re all really good players who are worthy of the 10th overall pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They would be. I haven’t heard anything about them particularly liking Sewell. Is he someone they’re hot after? I do know they’ve spent pretty big lately on the OL but Sewell is a great prospect, so it might not matter.
Atlanta is quite similar to the Cowboys, have a good offense, but a bad defense. They just hired the Titans OC as their HC. Titans were a run first team, that controlled the clock and dominated the trenches. Sewell actually fits real well.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What I think right now:

1. Jax - Lawrence
2. Jets - Wilson
3. Niners - Lance
4. Falcons - Fields
5. Cincy - Sewell
6. Dolphins - Chase
7. Lions - Smith
8. Panthers - Waddle
9. Broncos - Parsons
10. Dallas - Pitts

Chaos and hilarity ensue.
I totally agree on 49ers taking Lance. There is no way the Cowboys are taking Pitts over Surtain. Pitts will be the second position player off the board after Sewell so it will not matter anyway. The Cowboys are so transparent. I don’t even think Pitts is on there radar and they just don’t need him. This is not a Randy Moss situation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I will say this there is an outside chance Sewell or Pitts falls to us at 10 if 5 quarterbacks go in the first 9 picks. I still wonder if the Cowboys would draft either one over Surtain though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If you’re talking to me, you must remember how much I was banging the table for Donald. And yes, I was crushed when the Rams took Donald and still hate Jeff Fisher to this day, haha.

you know certain prospects have all pro potential,i feel Pitts has that but it would be a miracle if he falls to 10.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just posted this in another thread, then saw this one....

If qb go 1 2 3 4 it's possible that Pitts and the wr take up the next 4 places too, especially if Atlanta moves back in a trade with Carolina. What are the chances Sewell drop to 10

Jax - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
49ers - Fields
Carolina - Lance
Cincy - Chase
Miami - Smith
Detroit - Waddle
ATL - Pitts
Denver surtain,,Parsons, Sewell, horn

??????

Talk of Mac Jones going top 10 is heating up too