Without Zeke we’re a 8-8 team at best

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You seem to have missed the first word in my post- "if", which is relavent to the OP that I was responding to. 4-3 is also not too far from .500 either. The best QB's are better than .500 without their starting RB. It's a hypothetical regardless.
How did Aaron Rodgers fare this past season? Hmm...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sure, when Zeke used his full arsenal, like using his speed running to the outside, instead of just running up the middle over and over (as in Rams game).
That,"early " #4 play-action,with Dak rolling out ,to his right flank, proved effective in killer fashion in his debut '16' season,,, yet,alas! Obviously, He ,Himself, also has seemingly succumbed to the cumulative effects of being overly instilled& coached in the
GARRETTIZED manner of scrambled mind-**,,,er,,,casing-liner style, also, ya knowo_O

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Yes, that's you Pappy. Brain-dead. We know.

Banner_Man

Reaction score
Without Zeke this team is a 5 win team.
Definitely. He owns the Eagles and the rest of the NFC east when he is on the field. Dak was horrible without Zeke all but one game. The teams that were in the Super Bowl each had a first round rb in the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
Definitely. He owns the Eagles and the rest of the NFC east when he is on the field. Dak was horrible without Zeke all but one game. The teams that were in the Super Bowl each had a first round rb in the draft.
Although there a are a few exceptions(11 Giants, for example), super bowl teams almost always value running the ball, w/ the between the tackles quickness being by far the most desirable trait.

Banner_Man

Reaction score
Overpaying any player is a hindrance to super bowl contention.
True. I look at production by position. Zeke has led the NFL in rushing yards- 2 out of the last three years he has been with the Cowboys. The only year he did not was because he did not play a full season

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* just an inoffensive/ friendly refresher of hairy chested FOOTBALLISH fandom to my friends& fellows of the forum,,,when our esteemed of gifted godlike powerback footballing legendary capabilities Emmett Smith,,,er,,,HELD OUT for the big green contract?,,, Dude sez' hisself: " That phone didn't ring once/ nobody even floated nothing my way",,,o_O

merely posted for the maintenance of a proper forum perspective of a particular footballin' position,Friends:starspin:*

kskboys

Reaction score
True. I look at production by position. Zeke has led the NFL in rushing yards- 2 out of the last three years he has been with the Cowboys. The only year he did not was because he did not play a full season
We'd be well served to keep EZ as long as he isn't demanding a team-hindering salary. No player aside from the Qb should make anywhere near 20 mil/season. And when they do, the team mostly can't wait to get rid of them not too far down the line. Malik Jackson is the latest casualty. I love him as a player, but even JAX dumped him due to salary. Overpaying leads to noncontention/playoff failure. Just doesn't work.

Nav22

Reaction score
Do you clowns seriously think RBs win games on their own? LOL!

That didn’t even work in the ‘90s. Ask Barry Sanders.

Zeke and Cooper Rush would go 4-12.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

How do you continue to call your fellow posters names without getting benched, much respect... I want to know your secret.

kskboys

Reaction score

No player wins games on their own!!!!!!

I almost wish Rush would be forced to start just so people could see how subpar his talent level is, but I would never hope for our team to fail, so I would not go there.

Banner_Man

Reaction score
I can not say the same for Dak
We'd be well served to keep EZ as long as he isn't demanding a team-hindering salary. No player aside from the Qb should make anywhere near 20 mil/season. And when they do, the team mostly can't wait to get rid of them not too far down the line. Malik Jackson is the latest casualty. I love him as a player, but even JAX dumped him due to salary. Overpaying leads to noncontention/playoff failure. Just doesn't work.
A rb salary would never be warranted over a QBs salary of course. IMO I don’t think Dak wants to go without Z. Won’t happen. If he does, good luck with that.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can not say the same for Dak

A rb salary would never be warranted over a QBs salary of course. IMO I don’t think Dak wants to go without Z. Won’t happen. If he does, good luck with that.
Wouldn't be up to EZ. Depends if EZ falls into that silly trap of thinking that overpaying him equals respect.

Banner_Man

Reaction score
No player wins games on their own!!!!!!

I almost wish Rush would be forced to start just so people could see how subpar his talent level is, but I would never hope for our team to fail, so I would not go there.
OK. I get it. Emmitt was irrelevant.

Banner_Man

Reaction score
He was? Not sure what you're trying to say.
I just do not think that Dak will be even a fraction to what he is without Zeke. I do not think that he would have made 2 playoff appearances without him and if Zeke does not get a contract and leaves, they will regress dramatically. Dak can not carry this team.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just do not think that Dak will be even a fraction to what he is without Zeke. I do not think that he would have made 2 playoff appearances without him and if Zeke does not get a contract and leaves, they will regress dramatically. Dak can not carry this team.
EZ is huge to our success at present. Dak is not the same w/o him. No doubt.