Twitter: Witten has high praise for Dak

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Every article, observation, comment or any other kind of information about Moore is how freakin intelligent he is.

Wasn't Chip Kelly an offensive genius? How about Steve Spurrier?

I'm hoping the best with Moore, but not even a high football IQ guarantees success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a big critic of Dak’s this is music to my ears. This was something I wanted him to get better at, but wasn’t sure if was capable. Keep up the good work Dak
:thumbup:

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now THERE is the right way to be about that kind of news.

Because lets be honest with all this Dak stuff...………………...If he improves on anticipation and accuracy with his mechanics, then he will truly be a force.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have a world of respect for what Witten thinks of the state of our passing game, although, much remains to be seen in terms of what Dak might do when the pressures of live action come into play. Nevertheless, I can't wait to see this significant improvement that Dak is being accredited with. There's no question but what it would get much acclaim, whenever said improvement becomes evident in live action. Stay tuned, folks!

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now THERE is the right way to be about that kind of news.

Because lets be honest with all this Dak stuff...………………...If he improves on anticipation and accuracy with his mechanics, then he will truly be a force.

This is the general sentiment of those who were critical of him. We wanted to see him improve. What's ironic is Witten spoke specifically to areas we've criticized which resulted in morons like yourself calling us trolls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Listen, it’s no big secret. Dak’s accuracy issues have been identified from day one, as being due to issues with his footwork and the at times disconnect between his lower and upper body.

That was in all the scouting reports. And it was evident from watching him play.

I have always disagreed with the notion that accuracy is something you either have or don’t. It can be improved and tweaked. IMO. I know some disagree and that’s fine.

Now, ultimately we won’t know how far his footwork has come until he is dealing with a real pass rush.

But if Dak can and has improved that part of his game. That could take his game to the next level.

Exactly. If that's improved, I think he will make the jump from a damn good QB to a possibly great QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know Aikman said it cant be learned, but he was born accurate. I agree that if the issue is because of mechanics that it can certainly be improved. I’m a logical person and that’s just logical.

Exactly. As the Beatles once said, there's nothing you can do that can't be done.

In Dak's case, he can learn, and I can believe that he has learned better footwork skills. I think we will be very pleased with the work he's putting in. I'm excited.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Dak's good at all the stuff that it's tough to be good at. Accuracy is kind of easy to fix and I think he'll slowly fix it. But if he becomes more accurate and stops not stepping into every throw then the NFL needs to watch out bc he's got everything else down.

Proof

Reaction score
yeah and witten evidently wants lots of targets, so buttering his bread.
However it could be true, Dak is going to try harder to get a bigger contract.

The thing is it is good if a player looks good with no pads, and in TC, but really we have to wait until PS or RS to
see if it is true or not.
It is much harder in a actual game.

yeah, if there's anything we know about Witten, it's that he's a disingenuous, kiss *** who will say anything for more targets.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's awesome that Dak has learned to throw well in practice.

Brandon Weeden threw AMAZING BALLS in practice.

If it translates to the game, we're on to something.

We'll see.
Coming from you, erod, I'll take this compliment. :thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah, if there's anything we know about Witten, it's that he's a disingenuous, kiss *** who will say anything for more targets.
Well he may be , I dont know him personally and I doubt you do either.
I dont idolize him, or have a bromance with witten or other players, evidently you do.
I dont understand idolizing and defending guys you dont even know.
What I said wasnt bad at all, yet you were offended. I find it peculiar and amusing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well he may be , I dont know him personally and I doubt you do either.
I dont idolize him, or have a bromance with witten or other players, evidently you do.
I dont understand idolizing and defending guys you dont even know.
What I said wasnt bad at all, yet you were offended. I find it peculiar and amusing.
I thought that was sarcasm.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Listen, it’s no big secret. Dak’s accuracy issues have been identified from day one, as being due to issues with his footwork and the at times disconnect between his lower and upper body.

That was in all the scouting reports. And it was evident from watching him play.

I have always disagreed with the notion that accuracy is something you either have or don’t. It can be improved and tweaked. IMO. I know some disagree and that’s fine.

Now, ultimately we won’t know how far his footwork has come until he is dealing with a real pass rush.

But if Dak can and has improved that part of his game. That could take his game to the next level.
I hope so much it has. I've been a huge critic of it, with much scrutiny.
His rookie year was smothered with Romo in his ear. You could see it on field from half to half.

I'm glad Kitna is there to continue that mentoring. I think it is something he has lacked from year one.