Witten on ESPN tonight

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
First off :espn:
Second, I hope he does well, BUT, I have a feeling he's gonna come up a bit short. He was known for that the last few years.

How do you think he'll do??

I've never seen much entertainment or creativity in his personality over the years of interviews. I don't see him as a big hitter.

I expect him to come across as professional and knowledgeable. But about 0 on the pizazz scale.

T-RO

Reaction score
I want him to succeed and add to the collection of former Boys. I’m not sure he has a voice for broadcasting. From a purely vocal standpoint, his voice doesn’t seem to have a lot of presence. Perhaps more work w/a voice coach...

Nerves seemed to be a factor too...didn’t seem relaxed. That’s understandable for first try.

I was extremely unimpressed with ESPN again last night. Sideline reporter was flat bizarre. But it’s preseason, so we’ll see...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am a huge Jason Witten fan. He is Dallas Cowboys royalty.

But I think he could have been a lot better last night. Early in the game he seemed hesitant to say anything. A lot of silence in between plays when Witten could have been offering some insight. And while I'm saying that, I didn't like Joe Tessitore doing the play-by-play much either.

Witten will get better the more comfortable he gets. However, I think ESPN should pair him up with Sean McDonough.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I thought he didn't have that much hair. Looked like a bad rug to me. He normally looks better, IMO.
You are correct.

They are going to glam him up now in front of the camera.

I can't wait until he gets into his role and he opens up and we get his nuggets about playing and what the TEs are doing.

I think he is sort of excitable..

so should be fun with him

Dez really sealed his rep when he dissed Witten and Lee recently.

Who is going to sign a guy who talks like that about his best teamates upon exit?

Got my popcorn ready.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You are correct.

They are going to glam him up now in front of the camera.

I can't wait until he gets into his role and he opens up and we get his nuggets about playing and what the TEs are doing.

I think he is sort of excitable..

so should be fun with him

Dez really sealed his rep when he dissed Witten and Lee recently.

Who is going to sign a guy who talks like that about his best teamates upon exit?

Got my popcorn ready.

It's too bad about Dez. Everyone on the team was pulling for him and protecting him. Now he's on his own. Picking a public fight with Gold Jacket Witten and Lee is about the worst call he could make. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the decisions he makes.

I hope Tony reaches out to him. Dez needs someone he can trust personally and professional to tell him the harder truths. Someone who knows the Cowboys and WRs. I don't think anyone can do it but Tony.