Witten played 98.4% of the snaps in 2017

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Quote me on where I said anything related to 40 times, it has no bearing since he has never been a burner. My whole stance is finding that new type TE who can block and get upfield and maybe learn a thing or two from Witten before he retires while seeing significant snaps.
He will be a Cowboys coach when he retires

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only is he become a drag 2 the passing game he can't reach his blocks

I love Jason but it's time to go short-yardage and goal-line and that's it.

And if he's any slower getting to his blocks he may no longer be a viable tight end then they have to sit him down and talk to him

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Again, show me where Witten can run anywhere past 5 yds. lol.
Look at film Dak is a much bigger problem than Witten If 2017 is an indicator of what we have as a franchise QB we have big problems Because our Tight End is better at his job than our QB is. Every receiver we have had a bad season it all points to one common denominator The guy tossing the ball LLLLOOOOLLLL

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Look at film Dak is a much bigger problem than Witten If 2017 is an indicator of what we have as a franchise QB we have big problems Because our Tight End is better at his job than our QB is. Every receiver we have had a bad season it all points to one common denominator The guy tossing the ball LLLLOOOOLLLL

I watched the games, and the games I saw Witten was never open past 5 yds. lol.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Garrett won't change it, but I think Jerry has given Linehan more power to do things on offense which might include determining who plays when.

Witten would be more effective with less snaps AND somebody else might develop if Witten plays less snaps.
Witten always gets praised for "not letting anyone take him off the field", but even he has to see that we'd be better served as a team if he took less snaps.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Witten always gets praised for "not letting anyone take him off the field", but even he has to see that we'd be better served as a team if he took less snaps.
How would we be better if we took our best tight end off of the field?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
No, but teams willingly give us the underneath pass to Witten all game. It's always ridiculously short of the sticks.
That is because they know Dak has no deep threat capabilities and Dak can not hit moving targets very well. Man up folks it was the QB last season

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Hanna and Swain are more H-backs). When he’s not on the field, defenses are bound to believe we’re not running the ball.
Quite the opposite with Hanna actually. We all dropped our jaws last season when we saw Hanna catch a down field pass. Hanna is still on the team because he is the best blocker at the TE position by a wide margin.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Do You have a link where it states he ran a 4.66 last year?
I am not going to look for it but it is a fact Cowboys hold a combine style workout every season Witten always dominates he never gets out of shape even in the off season

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Really? I'd like to see the percentage of his catches that results in first downs and compare that to other "elite" TEs.
Me to find it and show me I will wait bashers produce facts i'm waiting

Zman5

Reaction score
I am not going to look for it but it is a fact Cowboys hold a combine style workout every season Witten always dominates he never gets out of shape even in the off season

I know abou the workout but that’s not the same as the actual combine. Comparing his actual combine number to a team practice number isn’t apples to apples.