Twitter: Witten wants to play, but could it be with the Giants?

tico

Reaction score
Witten to start over Engram? What a joke
Ford vs Ferrari (Ford Ecoline)
Only Clappy would think of this.

nobody

Reaction score
4ef91294e22d5f56649fababaa7bb3af.jpg

If he goes to the Giants, that's how I'll react. If he wants to play and sees if anyone will sign him, that's fine. If he goes to the Giants immediately? He's all about using Garrett to get a roster spot.

I'm all for him sticking around and seeing about earning a spot in training camp, but I think he's done as a starter.

willia451

Reaction score
I understand. He's trying hard to stay engaged with the game that he loves at the highest levels. The booth didn't work out.

Problem is. Does the game that he loves at the highest levels want to stay engaged with HIM?

So far the answer seems to be no.

John813

Reaction score
His family lives in Dallas?

Would be odd for him to uproot them for a year, or be away for half the year.

Or are they in Tenn?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Witten to start over Engram? What a joke
Ford vs Ferrari (Ford Ecoline)
Only Clappy would think of this.

I mean even Rhett Ellison is better.

I don’t see how they can spin this to a Giant fan other than “this guy had good games against you and now he is here.”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's influence already having a great effect lol
So far it’s just had an effect on what the media can make up to hook the consumer. We have no idea if there is any real possibility of Witten going to the Giants.

fredp22

Reaction score
reading between the lines-
Witten just had a talk with McCarthy. Looks like hes been informed he will have little to no playing time with the team this year and was free to look around. Since we already hired a TE coach he was also told that wasnt an option. Hes not getting the hint about retiring so hes looking now to other teams.
DK what all the excitements about. Does anyone really want him back for another year?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If he goes to the Giants, it will be further proof that "Stupid is as stupid does"

glimmerman

Reaction score
Time to hang it up. Maybe start going into coaching or FO job. Go talk to JJ. He is one of if not my favorite TE ever.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I understand. He's trying hard to stay engaged with the game that he loves at the highest levels. The booth didn't work out.

Problem is. Does the game that he loves at the highest levels want to stay engaged with HIM?

So far the answer seems to be no.

I assume he will get an opportunity to coach but he may need to accept a lower level position first.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't care where Witten goes.

Already bad enough I had to see Deion in a Commanders jersey and Emmitt in a Cardinals jersey. Who cares?
Deon made a quick stop with the deadskins and absolutely ripped them for a huge check. I love listening to him talk about it and he smiles at the camera and thanks the deadskins owner. 1 year for 8.5 million then suddenly retires. Only to come back and play 2 years for the ravens. He still calls JJ his boss.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Emmitt was trying to pad his career rushing yardage total. Those extra yards may be what keeps Peterson from trying to catch him.

With 2 more starting seasons, Witten could pass Gonzalez for career receptions and get in the low teens for career receiving yards. I think we should move on from Witten, but I'm not sure how much he has left. He was at least an average starter for the first half of the season, very below average the second half.

If he could continue to play like he did in the first half, he could easily have a couple of good years left.

He's a bad fit here. He gets too much deference even when he's not producing. We would use him as a goto player in critical moments, and he's not that guy anymore. He don't have to go home but he can't stay here.

Emmitt might have been, but I feel like he was just another player who wasn't ready to call it quits. Tony Dorsett did the same thing, going to Denver for a season when he had little left in the tank.

I don't think Witten is the type to be eyeing career numbers. I think he legitimately wants to keep playing, and I can't really blame him for that. Even here, I think he would be liable to be a better No. 2/blocking tight end than other players we could put out there (unless Schultz has been held back by the previous staff). He's clearly not a No. 1 anymore except for a team that doesn't have a good, young starter ... and he shouldn't even just be given the No. 2 role.

Old vets have a place, but that place shouldn't be an automatic spot ahead of younger players. Not saying that Jarwin or Schultz deserved to be ahead of him — I don't think we have enough evidence to determine that — just that I don't think they were really given a shot at beating him out.

Of course, Witten still ended up eighth among tight ends in receptions this year, so maybe his starting spot was more deserved than fans feel. He only averaged 8.4 yards per reception so that's too low, but it's possible that him being that outlet for Dak and a better blocker than our other options is part of the reason our sacks allowed decreased dramatically last year.

black label

Reaction score
So far it’s just had an effect on what the media can make up to hook the consumer. We have no idea if there is any real possibility of Witten going to the Giants.
So you dont think garrett is pulling for witten to come with him? rofl,, You dont know garrett at all