Women's World Cup

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No you don't understand equality. In any job, if a man and a woman are doing exactly the same job then they should be paid the same. You can argue seniority should bring a slightly higher salary but if they are not getting paid roughly the same then it's discrimination and has been fully vetted in the courts. You're living in the 50's with your attitude.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with sports salaries.

I guess male models should be paid the same as female ones using your logic, even though women are far more popular etc.....

DFWJC

Reaction score

I guess male models should be paid the same as female ones using your logic, even though women are far more popular etc.....
Very good analogy

DFWJC

Reaction score
I read that the womens team made 13% of revenues while the men made 9%

The mens revenues are just so much higher.

Womens soccer is just not very popular worldwide...more than before....but nothing in the same universe as the men's

Its silly to compare

Here’s some other trivia

When Womens Team USA played FC Dallas’ 13 and 14 year old boys two years ago, they got smoked 5-2.
It was a “friendly”, but still....

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I think they should agree to pay them the same: The exact same percent of the pool as the men. Then everything will be equal.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Womens soccer is just not very popular worldwide...more than before....but nothing in the same universe as the men's

Its silly to compare

Here’s some other trivia

When Womens Team USA played FC Dallas’ 13 and 14 year old boys two years ago, they got smoked 5-2.

15-year old boys and hardly a serious match.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Hey if you want to be a bigot, go for it.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Forgot to shout out the Women’s Team for another World Cup championship. It’s good having one competitive team in the World Cup.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I immediately descended to the " give a lovely **** less category" when concerning any/ all spewage about these ,,,er,,, split-tailed
( supposedly) American world wide sudden representatives ,after they'd flat out refused the offer of the potus to be honoured in the White House,,,they can all suffer the demise of a drizzling nether region A.O. discharge fer' all I care, upon after hearing their perceived "browny points" making public stance:hammer:

Ghost12

Reaction score

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/
They got their butts whupped by 15 year old boys. Australia’s WNT did the same thing and lost something like 7-0.

Whether it was a serious game or a “friendly” that just goes to show the quality of play in the womens’ game. As much as the USMNT sucks, they could sure as hell beat 15 year olds.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
They got their butts whupped by 15 year old boys. Australia’s WNT did the same thing and lost something like 7-0.

Whether it was a serious game or a “friendly” that just goes to show the quality of play in the womens’ game. As much as the USMNT sucks, they could sure as hell beat 15 year olds.

I wonder did you actually read the article you posted, or did you just care for the headline...

DFWJC

Reaction score

Not a super serious match (I did mention-it was a friendly) but what part of “Under” 15 did you not get?
They were 14 year olds and some even younger.
But I get it was a “friendly”

It was just a fact. Why argue it

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol! Typical name calling, while completely ignoring the point being made.
I addressed your point. You’re in favor of discriminating against women. People who are like that have been like that their entire lives. It’s fruitless to try and change you. All I can do is call you what you are. Man up and deal with it.

erod

Reaction score
So be it. They always lose anyway.

Because they play against real professional soccer players. Lots of them.

We have dozens of high school club teams that could make a good run at winning the women's World Cup. Our U16s went to Italy and Portugal a few weeks ago and won games by 10+ goals. It's like playing small children.

The USA national youth teams could literally beat other countries with only 7 or 8 players on the field. It's that lopsided.

The world doesn't care about women's team sports. Only the US does. The "progressive" European countries pay their women far less than the US because they think women's soccer is a waste of time.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I addressed your point. You’re in favor of discriminating against women. People who are like that have been like that their entire lives. It’s fruitless to try and change you. All I can do is call you what you are. Man up and deal with it.
There’s absolutely nothing in my posts which even remotely states what you wrote above. Either you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader or you’re just making things up.

I have stated repeatedly that the women have a legit beef, but the issue is a bit more complicated than some are trying to make it out to be.

Man up (for once in your life) and address what I actually said instead of putting words in my mouth to justify your name-calling.

StylisticS

Reaction score

Its silly to compare

Here’s some other trivia

I believe that is for FIFA. The USWNT isn't asking for equal pay with FIFA but with USSF because they supposedly have brought more revenue to the federation than the USMNT. If true, then they definitely should ask for it but the system they have now is because of the CBA they agreed to. They can get equal pay from USSF but they will likely never see equal play from FIFA because the Men's World Cup will forever bring in higher revenue than the Women's World Cup.

Last edited:

StylisticS

Reaction score
I get the impression that is quite a common attitude in the U.S. Funny, the MLS gets a fair amount of coverage in the UK and is generally regarded as a reasonable standard league, probably on a par with say, the Belgian or Austrian leagues. Not yet at the level of the top European leagues but not light years behind either.
I think MLS is on par with English League 1 or English Championship. Probably more of league 1. I actually do think it's light years behind EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There’s absolutely nothing in my posts which even remotely states what you wrote above. Either you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader or you’re just making things up.

I have stated repeatedly that the women have a legit beef, but the issue is a bit more complicated than some are trying to make it out to be.

Man up (for once in your life) and address what I actually said instead of putting words in my mouth to justify your name-calling.
Most bigots will never admit they are one. They don’t have the intestinal fortitude. Weak.