News: Woodson says Pay Dak

Flamma

Reaction score
Paying players isn't about being fair. It's about being smart. So I really can't blame players for wanting as much as possible. I just can't take their side because I am a fan of the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you draft college players based on stats you'll get into trouble quick.

You draft them on talent/upside.

Lawrence is about as talented as it gets and his upside is as high as anyone that's every played in this league.
Huh? What does college players have to do with not wanting to pay Lawrence 100 million? His upside? He's hit his upside. He's not getting better at this stage of his career.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you draft college players based on stats you'll get into trouble quick.

You draft them on talent/upside.

Lawrence is about as talented as it gets and his upside is as high as anyone that's every played in this league.
He was talking about DeMarcus Lawrence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Huh? What does college players have to do with not wanting to pay Lawrence 100 million? His upside? He's hit his upside. He's not getting better at this stage of his career.

Oh we're talking about Demarcus lol. My bad.. I've moved on from our Lawrence already...

He's became a 100 million dollar run defender.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
if they approach him with 35-36 million a year I think it would be tough for him not to take after what happened last year.

sure he could bet on himself again.... but with that comes the injury risk like this year. If he got hurt again there is no doubt someone would still sign him in free agency.... but still then he’s prob not getting 40 + mil in that situation.

35 mil a year. Dak wins... the team wins and we focus on rebuilding the d.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You actually don't agree because that isn't what he said.

pay the most important player on your football team and make him happy."

Well, then either you or I can't read.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
uJxT1kT.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pay the most important player on your football team and make him happy."

Well, then either you or I can't read.
I read that part just fine, and nowhere does he say or suggest that it would screw the rest of the team. In fact, by indicating Dak is the most important player he indicated signing him would benefit the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
So you take the side of the billionaire owner?

I don't care how much they or the players make. Not my concern. I don't care if the players have to play for 5 bucks and a taco. The only thing I care about is wins, losses, and championships. I don't care how that's achieved, as long as it is. And what the players, owners, and anyone else makes as a result is none of my concern.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care how much they or the players make. Not my concern. I don't care if the players have to play for 5 bucks and a taco. The only thing I care about is wins, losses, and championships. I don't care how that's achieved, as long as it is. And what the players, owners, and anyone else makes as a result is none of my concern.
I'll give you a like and even type a post expressing my strong agreement with your comments if you give me $5 and a taco.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I read that part just fine, and nowhere does he say or suggest that it would screw the rest of the team. In fact, by indicating Dak is the most important player he indicated signing him would benefit the team.

IF you don't think paying one guy to "make him happy", and paying him big time, is not going to screw the team, then you must not care about the team, just the Dakster. Benefitting the team is not taking the money and run and not worry if the team can afford better players because...well, no more money, go ask Dak for a loan, he's a cool guy. smh

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh we're talking about Demarcus lol. My bad.. I've moved on from our Lawrence already...

He's became a 100 million dollar run defender.

Yeah I like the guy and he's far from our issue but he's overpaid for his production. It is what it is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF you don't think paying one guy to "make him happy", and paying him big time, is not going to screw the team, then you must not care about the team, just the Dakster. Benefitting the team is not taking the money and run and not worry if the team can afford better players because...well, no more money, go ask Dak for a loan, he's a cool guy. smh
He clearly indicated it wasn't just to make him happy and that it was about keeping the most important player on the team. Did you really think he meant the only purpose of paying him was to see him smile?

And it wasn't about what I think, it was about what Woodson said, and your version was clearly not in agreement with his.

But if you want to know what I think, I believe, like Woodson, that a high quality QB is the most important player on the team. Whether getting that player can be achieved by paying a veteran and using draft capital to build other areas, or by paying other free agents and using draft capital on a QB doesn't matter to me - I don't think there is only one way to do it and I just want whichever option the team can use to its best advantage. But I do know there are a lot more Jake Locker's that get drafted than Pat Mahomes, so it does concern me to move on from a guy that has already proven to be a high quality player at the most important position. It's not the easy choice some want to believe.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak is your best qb & gives you the best chance to win on Sundays. If anything this season has proved his worth, saying otherwise is frankly ridiculous.

I think the Cowboys will sign Dak to a contract, & the conversation will pause. However, until he is signed the conversation will continue.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He should be financially set for life based on what he already made.

He should take a damn discount so maybe he can win something. Wouldnt be the first.

But of course he has an agent that wants to make a name for himself.

It's just bad timing all around. This team cant literally buy a break.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't see it man.....I just don't. Do I think Lawrence is a good player? I do. But based on production? You could get similar production from someone at half the price AT LEAST. I get it. I'm one of his biggest defenders on this site. Hell I even defend the "Hot Boy" name. But there is no way to convince me that 3 or 4 tackles and a few pressures a game is worth 20 million.

Much cheaper players get better production, but on a defense like ours? Hard to get many sacks when you're playing from behind in most games. DTs are worthless. Massive confusion in coverage.

By most accounts, Lawrence is playing very well despite the lack of production. He's a very good player, playing very well. That was always his ceiling, IMO. Shouldn't have signed him in the first place, but he's playing well.

I always thought his sack numbers were a mirage. Now the mirage is that he really sucks because he doesn't have sacks. He is more of a Greg Ellis than a War Daddy. He's not cap cancer like Crawford and Jaylon.