Woodson: The guys believe in Dak more than they every believed in Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Darren Woodson laid down some comments that are sure to be controversial among the Cowboys faithful.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Dec 27, 2018, 4:30pm

Just over a month ago Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor member Darren Woodson was announced as a semifinalist for the upcoming Pro Football Hall of Fame class. We’ll find out in January whether or not he makes it to the next phase.

January will also feature Dallas Cowboys football as the current squad is headed to the playoffs as NFC East Champions. Obviously the 2018 team is led by the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, DeMarcus Lawrence, and, of course, quarterback Dak Prescott.

There are a lot of thoughts about the Cowboys signal-caller and as an NFL analyst Woodson has some himself. During a pre-Christmas appearance on The Russillo Show he spoke of the warts that he sees in Dak’s game (he cited interceptions and fumbles), but he also added that he believes the team believes in Dak... more than they ever believed in Tony Romo.

There are some warts you see with Dak... I wish he could play four quarters of just error-free football. You’re not going to get that with Dak Prescott. You’re not. But what you are going to get is a leader of men. You’re going to get a guy who this team firmly believes in. Every player on that football team. I don’t care if they’re playing the Indianapolis Colts and they’re down by 23, when he’s on the sideline they believe in him.

I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought “okay well Romo’s going to bail us out,” “okay well we’re down by 14, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by 14 and Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No no no. They didn’t believe. There is something about this guy in that locker room that they all rally behind. And it’s not just the players. It’s the equipment staff. It’s the training staff. It’s the weight coaches. He has that ‘it’ factor about him and that’s the reason why Jerry is going to pay him.

Rest of the story.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ak-prescott-more-than-they-ever-did-tony-romo
You realize Woody wasn't even there when Romo was playing, so how would he know what the guys were thinking?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Love Woody but disagree. If we are down 14, our O has issues. Romo HAD to bail us out in those situations because he made the offense. The last few years of Tony was let Garrett stifle him the first half and let Tony lead a comeback the second.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Agreed. The early Tony I could see the troops having their doubts, but the later year Tony was CLUTCH
One could argue that young Dak is continuing to show he is even more clutch than Romo could have ever dreamed of.

Romo amassed stats mostly during low impact moments of games. An incredible stat machine.. But, during big moments, his stats aren't the same. I'm not saying he wasn't clutch. I'm just saying he was hit or miss in big moments. I've seen enough Romo pick sixes to last a lifetime.

dfense

Reaction score
Woody is out of touch. I like how he references the Colts game. A game they didn't score at all. The last few years when Romo got the ball in the last 2 minutes, I knew they would score. I just hoped the defense would give it away. When Dak gets it, I'm just hoping for a first down. I don't know what he's hearing.

erod

Reaction score
Woody struggles to get steady work on air. He's everybody's "guest".

Now we're talking about him. Coincidence?

Meanwhile, Romo went straight to a top broadcasting position and huge salary.

I sense jealousy.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One could argue that young Dak is continuing to show he is even more clutch than Romo could have ever dreamed of.

Romo amassed stats mostly during low impact moments of games. An incredible stat machine.. But, during big moments, his stats aren't the same. I'm not saying he wasn't clutch. I'm just saying he was hit or miss in big moments. I've seen enough Romo pick sixes to last a lifetime.
If you like stats, he's tied for 19th all time in game winning drives, which seems contrary to this opinion.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
They know that they can trust Dak late in the game to help will them to victory. Romo u just prayed they didn’t screw up

dfense

Reaction score

Dak led the league in pick 6s you know right? ....Amazing

GMO415

Reaction score

I remember Steve Pelleur's more.

LittleD

Reaction score
Darren Woodson laid down some comments that are sure to be controversial among the Cowboys faithful.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Dec 27, 2018, 4:30pm

Just over a month ago Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor member Darren Woodson was announced as a semifinalist for the upcoming Pro Football Hall of Fame class. We’ll find out in January whether or not he makes it to the next phase.

January will also feature Dallas Cowboys football as the current squad is headed to the playoffs as NFC East Champions. Obviously the 2018 team is led by the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, DeMarcus Lawrence, and, of course, quarterback Dak Prescott.

There are a lot of thoughts about the Cowboys signal-caller and as an NFL analyst Woodson has some himself. During a pre-Christmas appearance on The Russillo Show he spoke of the warts that he sees in Dak’s game (he cited interceptions and fumbles), but he also added that he believes the team believes in Dak... more than they ever believed in Tony Romo.

There are some warts you see with Dak... I wish he could play four quarters of just error-free football. You’re not going to get that with Dak Prescott. You’re not. But what you are going to get is a leader of men. You’re going to get a guy who this team firmly believes in. Every player on that football team. I don’t care if they’re playing the Indianapolis Colts and they’re down by 23, when he’s on the sideline they believe in him.

I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought “okay well Romo’s going to bail us out,” “okay well we’re down by 14, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by 14 and Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No no no. They didn’t believe. There is something about this guy in that locker room that they all rally behind. And it’s not just the players. It’s the equipment staff. It’s the training staff. It’s the weight coaches. He has that ‘it’ factor about him and that’s the reason why Jerry is going to pay him.

Rest of the story.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ak-prescott-more-than-they-ever-did-tony-romo

Really? I bet Woodson didn't ask Witten or the other WR's Romo made better.

Tommy

Reaction score

Dump post alert!!!

WARNING... reading this post can make you football stupid!

erod

Reaction score

Dak led the NFL in pick sixes last year.

Romo is the highest-rated 4th quarter QB in NFL history.

How bout them stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.