Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's see...

In 11 starting seasons (14 seasons total as a pro/Cowboy), Romo had:

6 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 24 comebacks, 29 game-winning drives - full summary

In not yet completed 3 starting seasons, Dak has:

1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs · 7 comebacks, 13 game-winning drives - full summary... with at least a 2nd playoff game already scheduled 2 weeks from now, the potential for more playoff games to be accrued this 3rd season, and the potential to pad up his game comebacks and game-winning drives before Dak's 3rd season comes to an end.

I'd say it's looking pretty good Dak's comeback numbers and game-winning drives will surpass Romo's when it's all said and done. ;)

I'll take Dak! :thumbup:
Knock yourself out...but what does any of this have to do with the fact that his opinion of Romo is contradictory to his being tied for 19th in game winning drives?

Last edited:

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak has an alpha personality and Romo doesn't. Not anymore complicated than that.

The brain is programmed to follow the alpha to their death if need be, so they may blindly trust Dak to bail them out but he has a long way to go before he has as many 4th quarter comebacks wins as Romo.

So I personally don't have a problem with Woodson's statement. It may be true, but then the brain isn't rationale.

DFWJC

Reaction score
2nd thread about Woody boosting Dak.
Pretty sure hes getting a percentage of any new contract he gets....must be on the pay roll
:muttley:

Now when be says “few years ago” he means 2016 with the broken up Tony, he may be right. But as much as I love Woody, he's way over the top with his pet cat lately.
Thats fine. Hes in love with Dak. People are allowedtheir favorites.
He is part of that lockerrom really, so the rest are his projections
Correction.....Is NOT part of that locker room.
But again...no big deal

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Knock yourself out...but what does any of this have to do with the fact that his opinion of Romo is contradictory to his being tied for 19th in game winning drives?
Darren Woodson talks to the players from both Romo's era and now Dak's. He's telling it like he hears it straight from the locker rooms, and of course, how he sees and feels it himself as well. Woodson knows a QB leader when he sees one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would be curious to see how many of Romo's pick 6 INTs were because the WR screwed up and could have caught it? It would be difficult to prove, but an interesting stat.
People that don’t care for Dak are never gonna like him. I remember much of the same with Romo. I am so surprised to see so many Romo supporters now. Because when he was our starting QB he had as many if not more haters.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Darren Woodson talks to the players from both Romo's era and now Dak's. He's telling it like he hears it straight from the locker rooms, and of course, how he sees and feels it himself as well. Woodson knows a QB leader when he sees one.
First, I was talking about Bleu Star's opinion of Romo, not Woodson's.

But if you wanna take the opinion of one ex defensive player, who never played with either guy while they were the QB over the veritable plethora of opinions of other ex players, many of whom were QBs, that your prerogative.

Master22

Reaction score
How many more comebacks would Romo have under his belt if the defense didn't cough up a quick TD to lose the game? I like Dak, but this offense is anemic most of the time. Like others said, when down by more than 2 scores I never thought we were out of the game with Romo. These days there is almost no point in keeping the game on in the 4th.

Besides, as great as I feel Romo was at the end of his career it took a lot of hard work for him to get there. If I remember correctly he changed his throwing motion in the early stages. Point being, late Romo and current Dak isn't even close but also isn't a fair comparison. Late Romo in my mind was damn near better than all but your top 3 QB's. I believe Dak can have the same progression as Romo did and get much better than he is now. Problem is I just hope it wasn't too late like Romo.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak is one of the 10-12 worst QB’s in the league but he has that leader kind if personality, so some will always follow and beleive in him.
After a while and with everyone seeing that he is just not that good they will eventually stop believeing in Dak.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think coming out of college, no doubt Dak was ahead of Romo developmentally

I think even 2006 vs 2016, Dak was a few steps ahead of where Romo was

I think the biggest difference is that Romo was/is a self motivator. I don’t think he worried about upsetting coaches. That was part of his gunslinger mentality.

Dak can do the same but seems to want please the coaches, so it’s like he’s more likely to stick to what he’s getting from the sideline. Part of that, I think, is limiting Dak

I think with a bit of that swagger/gunslinger, Dak could push himself to be in year 4 where Romo was in years 5, 6, 7 as a starter

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see...

In 11 starting seasons (14 seasons total as a pro/Cowboy), Romo had:

6 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 24 comebacks, 29 game-winning drives - full summary

In not yet completed 3 starting seasons, Dak has:

1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs · 7 comebacks, 13 game-winning drives - full summary... with at least a 2nd playoff game already scheduled 2 weeks from now, the potential for more playoff games to be accrued this 3rd season, and the potential to pad up his game comebacks and game-winning drives before Dak's 3rd season comes to an end.

I'd say it's looking pretty good Dak's comeback numbers and game-winning drives will surpass Romo's when it's all said and done. ;)

I'll take Dak! :thumbup:
Wha??????? I'll alert the media. You would have taken any QB over Romo, you were the Pres of the Romorooters.

Dre11

Reaction score
You realize Woody wasn't even there when Romo was playing, so how would he know what the guys were thinking?

You think the guy just fell off the earth? These former players here things, they talk to people within the buildings, Mike had many conversations with Dez, I think Dallas is great with their alumni .

aaev84

Reaction score
I think Woody is partially correct. If we were up by 14 points I actually would feel better with Dak over Romo. Like it or not Romo did pick some bad times to make mistakes.

But if we were down by 14, Romo is definitely my man. I never felt out of a game with Romo at QB. He could generate lots of points very quickly at times. Dak is pretty clutch. Down by only 7, then yeah I'd feel decent with him. But down 14? Dak just is not good enough to generate buckets of points when needed. I'd feel, down by 14 points, we had already lost the game.
That is definitely a fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.