Woodson: The guys believe in Dak more than they every believed in Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Let's see...

In 11 starting seasons (14 seasons total as a pro/Cowboy), Romo had:

6 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 24 comebacks, 29 game-winning drives - full summary

In not yet completed 3 starting seasons, Dak has:

1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs · 7 comebacks, 13 game-winning drives - full summary... with at least a 2nd playoff game already scheduled 2 weeks from now, the potential for more playoff games to be accrued this 3rd season, and the potential to pad up his game comebacks and game-winning drives before Dak's 3rd season comes to an end.

I'd say it's looking pretty good Dak's comeback numbers and game-winning drives will surpass Romo's when it's all said and done. ;)

I'll take Dak! :thumbup:

The number that Dak may surpass Romo in his playoff wins for a career, if the Cowboys ever get on a run in the playoffs, then Dak will be able to either match or surpass Romo's career playoff wins in one season. :grin:

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think 11 players on the roster actually PLAYED with Romo starting and 2 of them are the punter and the longsnapper

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We're scoring enough and winning right now. Waaah. lol
Okay, I guess this "winning enough" averaging ~10 PPG going down the home stretch is good enough for you on top of a 9 or 10 win season. To be fair, it's probably about as good as it gets during the JG regime, except for the Philly and Detroit wins (playoff games).

Now that we finally having a top 5 (points against) defense that is on top of that scoring and giving the offense prime starting positions, a QB that is better than "winning enough" what we need to put us over the top...instead of "winning enough".

Did I say that enough?...lol

The Realist

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Romo may have connected with some players better than others did, but Owens was elite everywhere he play until the very end. He was highly productive in San Fran & Philly before Dallas and Buffalo & Cinn after. Silly to suggest Romo made them.

My goodness. It’s called sarcasm.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
NFC East Division Champions and 2 playoff births in 3 years since starting as a rookie QB is hard to beat!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. lol

2 of the 3 worst offenses the team has had since 2005 (2015 being the worst). Those things are related solely to his side of the ball, unlike division championships and playoffs. But we know you don't understand what a team is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Okay, I guess this "winning enough" averaging ~10 PPG going down the home stretch is good enough for you on top of a 9 or 10 win season. To be fair, it's probably about as good as it gets during the JG regime, except for the Philly and Detroit wins (playoff games).

Now that we finally having a top 5 (points against) defense that is on top of that scoring and giving the offense prime starting positions, a QB that is better than "winning enough" what we need to put us over the top...instead of "winning enough".

Did I say that enough?...lol
10 ppg? Dumb.

Go follow another team.

Did I say that enough? lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2 of the 3 worst offenses the team has had since 2005 (2015 being the worst). Those things are related solely to his side of the ball, unlike division championships and playoffs. But we know you don't understand what a team is.
Go join @Jarv in whining. Leave the game to the professionals. Go Dak!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
10 ppg? Dumb.

Go follow another team.

Did I say that enough? lol
Nope, say it again. Been here longer than you, JG or Dak. I'll still be around after you'll have left. I have the patience of an oyster.

Who are you going to pick next? The Steelers maybe?

gmb1

Reaction score
I just can't stand these comparisons. Romo played 10 years. Jury is still out on Dak. Not to mention Tony started when he was 26. Dak is still 25.

2 different situations. 2 different players.

*comforting the Romosexuals*

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope, say it again. Been here longer than you, JG or Dak. I'll still be around after you'll have left. I have the patience of an oyster.

Who are you going to pick next? The Steelers maybe?
Sucks to be you to have believed in a Hollywood-wannabe choker, while dissing a true results driven young leader. I'm going to enjoy watching you squirm these next 8-10 years of Dak as the Cowboys franchise QB. When he starts leading this team to championship games or titles, don't you dare jump on his bandwagon. Capish?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I support dak even though he's out wasting time making commercials and not learning how to read the defenses, and practicing how to throw correctly,even though he sucks.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A reminder in case anyone explicably forgot: this is not a thread about race or racially-influenced cultural issues. And this is. It a forum for racially- asked discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.