Woodson: The guys believe in Dak more than they every believed in Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfense

Reaction score
You want gunslinging entertainment? Go follow another team.

Easy. Problem solved.

Btw, many of those gunslinging teams are currently out of playoff contention. Go figure?

I'll take the balanced attack type of team that can beat you in several ways in case one part gets shut down.
I guess you checked and didn't like what you saw eh? If throwing 30+ TDs a season is gunslinging, what is leading the league in QB fumbles? lol

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Fans need to remember that most of the guys that played with Romo are no longer currently active on the roster. Off the top of my head, the guys that have been there from 2014 (not counting 15 since he only played in two full games and one game when he got hurt but the game was already decided) are Smith, Martin, Frederick (although he isn't playing) Beasley on offense. On defense, Lawrence (as a rookie), Crawford, I guess you can count Lee, and Heath. It's unfair to say that when the guys that are playing with Dak really didn't play long enough to trust Romo.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You want gunslinging entertainment? Go follow another team.

Easy. Problem solved.

Btw, many of those gunslinging teams are currently out of playoff contention. Go figure?

I'll take the balanced attack type of team that can beat you in several ways in case one part gets shut down.

Well, I finally have my defense. Next year hopefully our offense can improve to make this a balanced team, which would be top 10 in scoring and points against. If that happens with a new offense and QB, well nice seeing you brother, guess you'd be following Dak where ever he goes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess you checked and didn't like what you saw eh? If throwing 30+ TDs a season is gunslinging, what is leading the league in QB fumbles? lol
NFC East Division Champions and 2 playoff births in 3 years since starting as a rookie QB is hard to beat!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, I finally have my defense. Next year hopefully our offense can improve to make this a balanced team, which would be top 10 in scoring and points against. If that happens with a new offense and QB, well nice seeing you brother, guess you'd be following Dak where ever he goes.
Dak's not going anywhere for many years to come. Guess that means having to put up with more of your whining? Sheesh.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Probably all of them. Romo made TO, Witten, Dez, Austin and Glenn what they were.
Agree to disagree. Romo may have connected with some players better than others did, but Owens was elite everywhere he play until the very end. He was highly productive in San Fran & Philly before Dallas and Buffalo & Cinn after. Silly to suggest Romo made them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Darren Woodson laid down some comments that are sure to be controversial among the Cowboys faithful.
By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Dec 27, 2018, 4:30pm

Just over a month ago Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor member Darren Woodson was announced as a semifinalist for the upcoming Pro Football Hall of Fame class. We’ll find out in January whether or not he makes it to the next phase.

January will also feature Dallas Cowboys football as the current squad is headed to the playoffs as NFC East Champions. Obviously the 2018 team is led by the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, DeMarcus Lawrence, and, of course, quarterback Dak Prescott.

There are a lot of thoughts about the Cowboys signal-caller and as an NFL analyst Woodson has some himself. During a pre-Christmas appearance on The Russillo Show he spoke of the warts that he sees in Dak’s game (he cited interceptions and fumbles), but he also added that he believes the team believes in Dak... more than they ever believed in Tony Romo.

There are some warts you see with Dak... I wish he could play four quarters of just error-free football. You’re not going to get that with Dak Prescott. You’re not. But what you are going to get is a leader of men. You’re going to get a guy who this team firmly believes in. Every player on that football team. I don’t care if they’re playing the Indianapolis Colts and they’re down by 23, when he’s on the sideline they believe in him.

I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought “okay well Romo’s going to bail us out,” “okay well we’re down by 14, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by 14 and Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No no no. They didn’t believe. There is something about this guy in that locker room that they all rally behind. And it’s not just the players. It’s the equipment staff. It’s the training staff. It’s the weight coaches. He has that ‘it’ factor about him and that’s the reason why Jerry is going to pay him.

Rest of the story.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ak-prescott-more-than-they-ever-did-tony-romo

Choke on these facts Darren!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8swd5s/every_recent_starting_qbs_4th_quarter_comeback/

There was a recent post about Aaron Rodgers only having one win when down in the 4th quarter against teams with a winning record. It seems pretty cherry-picked, but I was curious how that stat compared with other QBs.

(Notes: The list is of QBs who have made at least 1000 pass attempts since 2009 - because my data only goes back to 2009. These numbers are only including the regular season. The players who were on more than one team during that time are only shown games from their first team. It's just easier.)

That thread had a lot of back and fourth about Rodgers and Stafford, so I'll mention them in the analysis :)

To start with, let's ignore the opponents' win record:

Player Team Trailing in 4th Avg. Deficit Wins Win Percent
1) T.Brady NE 32 7.4 12 37.5%
2) T.Romo DAL 37 8.9 13 35.1%

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Things that make you go hmmmm....

It's identical to the mysterious disappearance of the "Jaylon was a wasted pick and will never amount to anything" ankle biters.

I ripped Romo every year he was here and still rip him to this day. Empty stats and zero leadership.
I’m still on the fence with Dak but one thing the dude has is freakin’ leadership skills. When you play organized sports at a high level you can’t place value on having a couple of guys like this. I just wonder if the ability can ever match his intangibles...

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I don't know bro.

I have seen many women that had "it"..

but I never had to ask them "to perform first".

They knew and so did I.

And if your experience is like a lot of other men, you probably got overly invested in a woman who appeared to have the "it" factor once or twice, and regretted it later.

I just hope the Cowboys don't do that with Dak. Whether it's women or QB's or anything else, basing worthiness solely on the "it" factor often ends up leading to huge disappointment

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Romo may have connected with some players better than others did, but Owens was elite everywhere he play until the very end. He was highly productive in San Fran & Philly before Dallas and Buffalo & Cinn after. Silly to suggest Romo made them.
T.O was a HOF'er before he ever came to Dallas.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think Woody is partially correct. If we were up by 14 points I actually would feel better with Dak over Romo. Like it or not Romo did pick some bad times to make mistakes.

But if we were down by 14, Romo is definitely my man. I never felt out of a game with Romo at QB. He could generate lots of points very quickly at times. Dak is pretty clutch. Down by only 7, then yeah I'd feel decent with him. But down 14? Dak just is not good enough to generate buckets of points when needed. I'd feel, down by 14 points, we had already lost the game.
Bingo. I'd feel the same way. When we're down 14 I just have no confidence we can come back. With Romo I always waited for the other shoe to drop if we we were winning. lol

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think Woody is partially correct. If we were up by 14 points I actually would feel better with Dak over Romo. Like it or not Romo did pick some bad times to make mistakes.

But if we were down by 14, Romo is definitely my man. I never felt out of a game with Romo at QB. He could generate lots of points very quickly at times. Dak is pretty clutch. Down by only 7, then yeah I'd feel decent with him. But down 14? Dak just is not good enough to generate buckets of points when needed. I'd feel, down by 14 points, we had already lost the game.

That Lions game when Romo threw a pick six to let them back in the game for example.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.