Woodson: The guys believe in Dak more than they every believed in Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, The WR's early in the year believed in Dak - sure they did!

Woodson is a joke! That is a joke of a statement as well!
I have 0 respect for the man and he was one of my all time Cowboys and as a player, he still is. But he's an awesome person to even broach this subject. He's just jealous because he can't land a real job in broadcasting and Romo got one of the three plums.

I am not sure I have ever seen an ex player even address this subject, especially when he has no inside knowledge of either player or the team with either player. Most won't even get into comparisons when some try to trap them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
People that don’t care for Dak are never gonna like him. I remember much of the same with Romo. I am so surprised to see so many Romo supporters now. Because when he was our starting QB he had as many if not more haters.
Things that make you go hmmmm....

It's identical to the mysterious disappearance of the "Jaylon was a wasted pick and will never amount to anything" ankle biters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think the guy just fell off the earth? These former players here things, they talk to people within the buildings, Mike had many conversations with Dez, I think Dallas is great with their alumni .
And you think Dez is going to favor Prescott over Romo? Prescott got him fired because he's not accurate enough to throw 50/50's.

I haven't seen any ex players agree with Woodson. I haven't seen many agree with him at all, except the Romorooters.

aaev84

Reaction score
One could argue that young Dak is continuing to show he is even more clutch than Romo could have ever dreamed of.

Romo amassed stats mostly during low impact moments of games. An incredible stat machine.. But, during big moments, his stats aren't the same. I'm not saying he wasn't clutch. I'm just saying he was hit or miss in big moments. I've seen enough Romo pick sixes to last a lifetime.
This took me all of less than a minute to look up.. https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html I concede he did have his moments but saying dak is more clutch than Romo can ever dream of is utter nonsense.

aaev84

Reaction score
Dak is one of the 10-12 worst QB’s in the league but he has that leader kind if personality, so some will always follow and beleive in him.
After a while and with everyone seeing that he is just not that good they will eventually stop believeing in Dak.
Honestly think most wrs on the team feel that way. Especially Beasley. But Beasley now sucks and has to go. It's all 100% his fault.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People that don’t care for Dak are never gonna like him. I remember much of the same with Romo. I am so surprised to see so many Romo supporters now. Because when he was our starting QB he had as many if not more haters.
glimm, isn't it just a shame that this wasn't around for Meredith, the Morton-Staubach duel and Danny White?

Dre11

Reaction score
And you think Dez is going to favor Prescott over Romo? Prescott got him fired because he's not accurate enough to throw 50/50's.

I haven't seen any ex players agree with Woodson. I haven't seen many agree with him at all, except the Romorooters.

I don't know who Dez favored, I never said Dez had that conversation, just used him as example of ex players talking to current players.

But I will say this, Dez and Witten, made sure to back Dez in 2016, what he might say after the fact is irrelevant. Neither came to his defense about him getting his job back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this comparison about which QB instills the most belief and confidence is about what? Not football but the damned contract. Woodson is a pimp.

Praxit

Reaction score
... Looking at it from Woody's angle. I think Dak's attitude, is what probably pushes him to say that. Romo wasn't a very vocal player. Sometimes being to languid doesn't get across. Football feeds off attitudes, Ray Lewis brought brunch to those players.

As far as a jealousy or envy point. Its possible. Who wouldn't want a Romo situation in the booth.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So they wouldn't believe in a guy who had 24 4th quarter comebacks and one of the best 4th QB ratings ever? Umm...OK.

But they believe in a guy who hasn't proven anything remotely close? That right there sounds like blind faith. Or total BS.

Woody sounds like he's toeing the Jason Garrett company line.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know who Dez favored, I never said Dez had that conversation, just used him as example of ex players talking to current players.

But I will say this, Dez and Witten, made sure to back Dez in 2016, what he might say after the fact is irrelevant. Neither came to his defense about him getting his job back.
No player is going public in a situation like that, both were more concerned about the team. There's a line most players, or ex players, are not prone to cross unless they're paid to do so.

I would imagine, and I am just spitballing here, that Dez let it be known that he wanted Romo back as the starter to certain people on the team. He wasn't known to play his cards close to the vest. I think part of Dak Friendly was getting a Romo bud off the team. Witten played it like a pro all down the line, it was team first with him even though that was his best friend on the team. And no one will get Witten ever to say anything about either of his QB's and truth be told, it was Witten that laid all of the groundwork for Dak to be accepted as QB1.

Dre11

Reaction score
No player is going public in a situation like that, both were more concerned about the team. There's a line most players, or ex players, are not prone to cross unless they're paid to do so.

I would imagine, and I am just spitballing here, that Dez let it be known that he wanted Romo back as the starter to certain people on the team. He wasn't known to play his cards close to the vest. I think part of Dak Friendly was getting a Romo bud off the team. Witten played it like a pro all down the line, it was team first with him even though that was his best friend on the team. And no one will get Witten ever to say anything about either of his QB's and truth be told, it was Witten that laid all of the groundwork for Dak to be accepted as QB1.

I doubt it. He was all in on Dez in 2016.

The Realist

Reaction score
I would be curious to see how many of Romo's pick 6 INTs were because the WR screwed up and could have caught it? It would be difficult to prove, but an interesting stat.

Probably all of them. Romo made TO, Witten, Dez, Austin and Glenn what they were.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why don't you take Romo's worst full 16 game season and compare it to Dak's best season yet. Is Dak even within 10 TDs ?
You want gunslinging entertainment? Go follow another team.

Easy. Problem solved.

Btw, many of those gunslinging teams are currently out of playoff contention. Go figure?

I'll take the balanced attack type of team that can beat you in several ways in case one part gets shut down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hate to mention this, but I think Woody's comments are more racial in nature. Remember, T.O. criticized Romo based on his suspicions that Witten and Romo had it in for him. I think T.O. got his cadre of guys who was sympathetic towards him and others who were sympathetic towards Romo, and I believe those factions were broken down along race.
Wow! Based on race? Unbelievable. :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I guess you forgot this part...

Dre11

Reaction score

This is what Dez said in December of 2016

Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott spend more time together than most married couples. They practice together, attend meetings together, then go have dinner together. Prescott says his relationship with DezBryant is "amazing," and that he "loves Dez like a brother." Of Prescott, Bryant says, "I'm being honest. I don't want to say anything bad about anybody, but he's a lovable guy. Everybody loves him. Not taking away from the guy who was there before him; it's just who he is.

Who is he doesn't want to talk bad about? Why even add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.