Wordle the word game that’s all the craze

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Does word not in index constitute a try? Because according to the game it was three tries. But two were not words, I guess. So to me it's five tries instead of three.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Took me all six today. I thought I had it on the third, definitely the fourth, might have even placed a bet my fifth try was the winner.

Phew....

Sammy

Reaction score
Couldn't sleep so I got up and did wordle at 3 am in 4 tries.

Does anyone else have a strategy for the first try? I use a word that uses 4 different vowels.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Does anyone else have a strategy for the first try? I use a word that uses 4 different vowels.
I just guess a word with all different letters, usually 2 vowels.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I do not play it regularly though I did play the wordle unlimited clone a little for a day or two.

It really depends on what your goal is. If you want to guess it in the least chances, then no strategy is going to work every time but you could find a first and/or second word that gives you a chance to guess it quickly if the word matches a lot or all of the letters.

Personally I just came up with three words and used them one by one until I had 4 matching letters (color did not matter) and then guessed it usually within one or two tries after that.

I guess that is why I do not enjoy it as much as guessing 5-letter words with 3-4 known letters is not hard except those few times when the word contains multiples of less commonly used consonants.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

I start with a four vowel word, then incorporate the clue I get from that into another search word.

Sometimes I'm taking reasonable guesses by #3 and sometimes I'm still throwing a hail mary.

The last two days I had four letters in their correct places after #4 and guessed wrong both times on #5.

Still undefeated though. Until tomorrow, now that I said that out loud. lol

Sammy

Reaction score
I start with a four vowel word, then incorporate the clue I get from that into another search word.

Sometimes I'm taking reasonable guesses by #3 and sometimes I'm still throwing a hail mary.

The last two days I had four letters in their correct places after #4 and guessed wrong both times on #5.

Still undefeated though. Until tomorrow, now that I said that out loud. lol

Yep, the only clue I got from my 4-vowel word today was that none of them were in the word. But that means that it's e and/or y.

Got it on the 4th try today. I think I used up my luck for the month on that.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
4th guess - Saturday

6er for me. Too many options.

Capture.jpg