Wordle the word game that’s all the craze

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Got lucky on 1st guess, 2 on Saturday...
Y6WfZ9K.png
:dance:
I'm curious what that first guess was, to make you feel the second guess would be the word. It seems like most combinations of any four of the letters would lead to a word that would seem more likely than the one it turned out to be. (Well that was a word salad sentence, wasn't it?) Lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Got lucky on 1st guess, 2 on Saturday...
Y6WfZ9K.png
:dance:
I'm curious what that first guess was, to make you feel the second guess would be the word. It seems like most combinations of any four of the letters would lead to a word that would seem more likely than the one it turned out to be. (Well that was a word salad sentence, wasn't it?) Lol
My first guess today helped get almost all the letters, which really helped. But my second guess, which ultimately was correct, is all because I took five guesses yesterday. I'll explain in a spoiler below.
As said above, I was fortunate to get almost all the letters with my first guess. When I make my initial first guess, I usually try the Wheel of Fortune strategy of using a word that contains the constants RSTLN and usually a couple random vowels mixed among them. Today I got lucky with using the word TRAIL as my first guess. I got three constants and one vowel, so I figured the fifth letter was probably a second vowel. Using the letters that I know are in the word, my first instinct was to enter the word LATER for my second guess. But yesterday's word of ULCER, and the five letter words beginning with the letter U that I thought of before coming to the correct word, were still on my mind. So I decided to go against my first instinct and enter the word ULTRA instead, then assess the letter positions afterwards and possibly guess LATER or ALERT depending on the results. I got lucky.

Last edited: