Reaction score
JMVtLv3.gif
JPngv93.gif
That's a fantastic episode. :laugh::thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score
5 ties today.

My wife got it in two--how??

The bulk of my games I get it in 3 or 4. Once in 5 and twice in 6. Never in 1 or 2. But I always try to get it in the quickest possible. I will use revealed letters in every guess going forward, which you'll notice is considered hard mode. Mainly because I don't think I'll ever not get it in 6 tries regardless. My goal is to get it on the 2nd try.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I dislike ones like today, still got it in 3...
zoMr3gq.png
:thumbup:
I'll elaborate on what I meant by "I dislike ones like today," since that puzzle is now done. I specifically dislike when the solution begins with a vowel or reuses a letter within the word. Yesterday did both. I was fortunate it took me only three guesses. Especially since the solution reused a letter within the world. Once I get a letter in the correct place, I usually eliminate it in my mind going forward. I got lucky.

It took me 3 guess again, Wednesday...
A7kbIP0.png

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Wordle 242 4/6

Had a legit shot at getting it on the second guess. My second guess confirmed it was one of the three words that sprang to mind after my first guess. Of course I picked the wrong one of my remaining two for my third, so fourth it is.

I noticed there is now a link to all the other NYT games.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not trying to insult or question anyone's enthusiasm for this game by asking this as I really would like to understand it.

I am still not seeing the point of the game other than everyone trying to guess the same word so people can share how many guesses it took them.

Is the point to always solve it before running out of attempts or to guess it in as few attempts as possible?

If the point is to never fail to guess it, then using the same first three words with unique letters including all vowels every time would produce the best chance of guessing it consistently before running out of attempts as it would identify or eliminate up to 15 of the 26 possible letters.

If the point is to guess it in as few attempts as possible then it is simply a "game of luck" and not really a reflection of skill or intelligence as the results will always be based on how lucky you are with the first or possibly second word you guess.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I am not trying to insult or question anyone's enthusiasm for this game by asking this as I really would like to understand it.

I am still not seeing the point of the game other than everyone trying to guess the same word so people can share how many guesses it took them.

Is the point to always solve it before running out of attempts or to guess it in as few attempts as possible?

If the point is to never fail to guess it, then using the same first three words with unique letters including all vowels every time would produce the best chance of guessing it consistently before running out of attempts as it would identify or eliminate up to 15 of the 26 possible letters.

If the point is to guess it in as few attempts as possible then it is simply a "game of luck" and not really a reflection of skill or intelligence as the results will always be based on how lucky you are with the first or possibly second word you guess.
I'd say the point of the game depends on the individual. I'm trying to solve it in the least amount of guesses, keeping my streak alive is secondary to that goal. It does take some luck to solve it within the first three guesses, but a broad vocabulary also helps. I view it as a daily challenge, like a Sudoku puzzle or the Jumble. It's currently a popular phenomena and I'll enjoy the collective fun while it lasts. :D