World Cup

Londonboy

Reaction score
I am sure he played well for them but he is not consistent.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a difference maker.
If You don't think Messi is a "difference maker", You've clearly not seen Him play for the last decade.
Do You think that You win the European player of the year award 5 times by being inconsistent?
All that's missing from His resume is a World Cup Winners medal, He's done it all in every other competition.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If You don't think Messi is a "difference maker", You've clearly not seen Him play for the last decade.
Do You think that You win the European player of the year award 5 times by being inconsistent?
All that's missing from His resume is a World Cup Winners medal, He's done it all in every other competition.

For his all stars club sure he did well but the question is what did he do for his national team at the world stage? He plays well for them but a difference maker he is not and for Argentina he will never be Kampes or Maradona.

Bigdog

Reaction score
You don't go to the bathroom when he is on the field because you might miss something. People get on the edge of their seats when he touches the ball. He plays with flair much like the Brazilian players but he is Argentina. He so fun to watch even Koby Bryant is a big fan.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He usually does.

Ronaldo and Messi score about the same rate as the other.

The difference is Messi is better at getting others involved. He’s a better all around player then Ronaldo.

And Messi just has the magic. Like Michael Jordan if not better type of magic.

Today was a very bad day though.
Agree. I would take Messi over Ronaldo any day. Both are good players but I like Messi better. Messi had a bad day but Iceland made difficult for him to create especially when they have 11 guys behind the ball and 9 of them are in their penalty. Very tough to do anything. I don't care if your Pele, Iceland played a very discipline, organizer game. Hats off to them. Messi's missed PK is the third hardest shot to make in soccer next a 1v1 and then open net because if you miss everyone sees it and it is magnified a lot especially at the WC.

joseephuss

Reaction score
For his all stars club sure he did well but the question is what did he do for his national team at the world stage? He plays well for them but a difference maker he is not and for Argentina he will never be Kampes or Maradona.

That is your standard? Maradona was great, but he also played on a great Argentina team. That team could have challenged for the world cup with him. Messi did get his team to the final in the last world cup. Ronaldo hasn't been to the final in a world cup, yet. It is a team sport and you have to rely on those around you to win championships. It is not all on one player now and it hasn't been in the past. Maradona didn't win it all by himself. You can't go wrong with either Messi or Ronaldo. Two of the best to ever play the game and both are a joy to watch.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Germany & Mexico tomorrow Sunday.
tenor.gif

@RGV_C_Los @Ranching

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Lol! Me too brother. Retired life is gonna kill me!
:lmao: I hate to admit it but I'm certain it's gonna kill me,man! I had a job offer up in Portland Oregon at $25 per hour that came in over the phone a couple of days ago,,, SHEESE! I've let my medical card expire,,, & then got to thinking about fighting road traffic in a foreign land& keep talking myself out of it

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:lmao: I hate to admit it but I'm certain it's gonna kill me,man! I had a job offer up in Portland Oregon at $25 per hour that came in over the phone a couple of days ago,,, SHEESE! I've let my medical card expire,,, & then got to thinking about fighting road traffic in a foreign land& keep talking myself out of it
I know what you mean. I quit a sweet gig with all the benefits after a month. At this stage i need to do something I love.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agree. I would take Messi over Ronaldo any day. Both are good players but I like Messi better. Messi had a bad day but Iceland made difficult for him to create especially when they have 11 guys behind the ball and 9 of them are in their penalty. Very tough to do anything. I don't care if your Pele, Iceland played a very discipline, organizer game. Hats off to them. Messi's missed PK is the third hardest shot to make in soccer next a 1v1 and then open net because if you miss everyone sees it and it is magnified a lot especially at the WC.

Yeah.. Props to Iceland.

I usually hate when teams play that way but the way they did it can be appreciated because they were so structurely sound.