World Cup

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Wow the Tunisian defender gets possession and he gives up a corner...

And just cause of that - England scores...

ABSOLUTE TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!! team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Animated-Flag-England.gif

England!!!!! God save the Queen!

Animated-Flag-England.gif

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I agree but even the mighty Argentina and Brazil not playing well.
Yes I agree, Uruguay and Argentina were VERY disappointing, Brazil has all the skills in the world but dont play as a team.

The only 2 teams that I enjoyed watching was obviously Mexico and for their effort Peru.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So it is clear, you must play Chelsea players.

Belgium with Hazard and TBO. plus ex-Chels Lukaku and DeBruyne.
England brings on RLC
Spain was all former Chelsea man Diego Costa

Germany set Rudiger and lose!

HA! :)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So it is clear, you must play Chelsea players.

Belgium with Hazard and TBO. plus ex-Chels Lukaku and DeBruyne.
England brings on RLC
Spain was all former Chelsea man Diego Costa

Germany set Rudiger and lose!

HA! :)

I'm a Cherries supporter, myself, but yes, Chelsea has been shining brilliantly this WC.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Considering FIFA were supposed to be clamping down on all the grappling at corners and free kicks, how on Earth did Tunisia get away with some of the most blatant I've ever seen?
At times it was ridiculous.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Considering FIFA were supposed to be clamping down on all the grappling at corners and free kicks, how on Earth did Tunisia get away with some of the most blatant I've ever seen?
Was same all weekend.
Neymar got abused yesterday. Hazard fouled hard today.
Def have not been calling it close yet.
Assuming they didn't want to put a bunch of players on yellows so quickly but it was more EPL style than I expected.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Completely agreed, dear boy. Those were absolutely horrendous non-calls. Especially considering that there was barely anything there on the one that we got nicked for.

csirl

Reaction score
Ireland isn't that good. They lost a play-in game 5-1 to Denmark.
IF there was combined Ireland and Northern Ireland then yes.
I'm Welsh btw.....

This tourney in Europe will favor European sides but the final 8 will likely be a Concacaf, 4-5 Euros and the rest south American.
Basically like usual.

I am rooting for Belgium.

I disagree. Irelands starting lineup in competitve games is made up of mainly experienced English Premier League players. Outside Brazil and Argentina, very few south american teams would be made up mostly of players playing in the 5 big pro leagues. Ireland would match up very well in this company.

Also disagree on the Northern Ireland thing. No player in the Northern Ireland squad would make the Ireland team. Because people born in N.I. are also entitled to an Irish passport most good players routinely declare for Ireland. The current Ireland team has a number of N.I. born players (and Manager!) and so is in reality an all-Ireland team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow Tunisia is really bad.

Its a perfect example of why every region should only be guaranteed 2 teams (a sacrifice to preserve regional diversity) and the remaining spots should be awarded based on world ranking. Panama and Tunisia have no biz in this tourney.

Last edited: