World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ireland would top qualifying in Asia, Oceania, Concacaf and Africa. Would finish in the top 3 in South American qualifying.
No, they wouldn't.

People posted insipid stuff like this 4 years ago too then the US advanced to the round of 32 and Portugal went home.

Ireland isn't that good. They lost a play-in game 5-1 to Denmark.
IF there was combined Ireland and Northern Ireland then yes.
I'm Welsh btw.....

This tourney in Europe will favor European sides but the final 8 will likely be a Concacaf, 4-5 Euros and the rest south American.
Basically like usual.

I am rooting for Belgium.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chile would have easily qualified in UEFA.
They made it to the Finals of the Confed Cup by beating Portugal and lost 0-1 to Germany.

They've also beaten Serbia and Sweden in the last 3 months.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ireland would top qualifying in Asia, Oceania, Concacaf and Africa. Would finish in the top 3 in South American qualifying.

Not in South America. There are no weak sides in that region. They would have a tough time with Uruguay , Chile, Peru, and Columbia. And obviously, they are far outclassed by Brazil and Argentina.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Who is everyone rooting for since US sucks? I’ll probably pull for Mexico just like Donovan.

BTW who’s going to World Cup 2026?

9darter

Reaction score

Ireland couldn't finish top 4 in Africa and South America. They were flat out embarrassed by Denmark in the qualifiers and don't have a single good player (Denmark have one - Eriksen).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is a match England should win by c.4-0. But will they have a meltdown?

Well, it's currently 1-1. A big reason is absolutely rubbish officiating! The penalty awarded to Tunisia was rubbish! Kane was tackled at least 3 times illegally that the ref missed. It's been absolutely dreadful officiating.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Geez, Tunisia can't even get out of their own side of the field in the second half....I know England is pressing them but dayum....

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Well, it's currently 1-1. A big reason is absolutely rubbish officiating! The penalty awarded to Tunisia was rubbish! Kane was tackled at least 3 times illegally that the ref missed. It's been absolutely dreadful officiating.
should have could have.So far all the teams not that impressive

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Is it me or England trying to play south American style ? I missed the old English team fast and long balls.