World Cup

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Neymar will play but he might not finish. Serbia is not going down without a fight.

I reckon that you'll be proven right. He'll be lucky to be subbed out of that match without injury. If he does go down, Brazil is in serious danger.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I reckon that you'll be proven right. He'll be lucky to be subbed out of that match without injury. If he does go down, Brazil is in serious danger.

Honestly, as I said, if England manages to get past Panama and/or Belgium, I think they've actually got a decent chance at going further than they have in ages. I'm really getting more excited for England. Their biggest test(s) this tournament will probably be France and/or Japan if they should meet with how the teams are shaping up for the next leg(s) of the tourney.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Honestly, as I said, if England manages to get past Panama and/or Belgium, I think they've actually got a decent chance at going further than they have in ages. I'm really getting more excited for England. Their biggest test(s) this tournament will probably be France and/or Japan if they should meet with how the teams are shaping up for the next leg(s) of the tourney.

I doubt they finish first in the group as I cannot see the Lionesses beating Belgium but weirder things have happened. I know it would be almost impossible for them to beat France. As I have seen written, the French subs and reserve players (not even including Benzema) are better than the English starters. I figure the only English player who would make France is Kane.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I doubt they finish first in the group as I cannot see the Lionesses beating Belgium but weirder things have happened. I know it would be almost impossible for them to beat France. As I have seen written, the French subs and reserve players (not even including Benzema) are better than the English starters. I figure the only English player who would make France is Kane.

Well, I think the 3 Lions could put up a good showing at least against Belgium in our match with them. If we can manage to get past the Group of 16, that'd be better than usual for England.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Why would that be good? We haven't won since 1966.

even that was stolen from the West Germans

the English press hype is always a nightmare and nothing is more beautiful than seeing English soccer hooligans yell at the camera they have been gutted.

If they held World Cups between World Cups, England would never lose.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
even that was stolen from the West Germans

the English press hype is always a nightmare and nothing is more beautiful than seeing English soccer hooligans yell at the camera they have been gutted.

If they held World Cups between World Cups, England would never lose.

Tbh, I wasn't around for 1966 as I was born in 1992, so I have no way to know for sure if that was "stolen". Though, we weren't hyped that much this WC. Our showing last WC pretty much gutted a lot of expectations.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
french Canadian?

no, but I did live in Quebec until I was 14. I'm purebred Scottish background which might be the reason. I just usually hate the English players, only Platt, Lineker Beckham and Gascoigne were someone I could stomach. Kane is pretty good. I hate Sterling, hated Terry, Gerard, Lampard and Rio Ferdinand.

I do cheer for France though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
no, but I did live in Quebec until I was 14. I'm purebred Scottish background which might be the reason. I just usually hate the English players, only Platt, Lineker Beckham and Gascoigne were someone I could stomach. Kane is pretty good. I hate Sterling, hated Terry, Gerard, Lampard and Rio Ferdinand.

Well, I can understand that. Ironically, none of the players on my favourite team made the final England squad (AFC Bournemouth), but I do like the chaps on the England squad.

Londonboy

Reaction score

Strange, I never could stand Beckham, average player, massively over-hyped 'cos he's pretty.
Glad He's settled in LA.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Will Mexico keep playing well? Will their coach change up the lineup and spoil a good thing?

Londonboy

Reaction score

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Strange, I never could stand Beckham, average player, massively over-hyped 'cos he's pretty.
Glad He's settled in LA.
As much as it pains me to say it I actually think he's quite underrated as a player because of his looks, wife, media profile etc

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score

Maybe it's the Celtic fan in me but Gascoigne would be a long way from the top of my list of English players I don't mind. Not much of a fan of Platt either to be fair.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Maybe it's the Celtic fan in me but Gascoigne would be a long way from the top of my list of English players I don't mind. Not much of a fan of Platt either to be fair.
Gascoigne, that great coulda been of English Footie, if only He'd have had the burning desire to be the best of a Ronaldo or Charlton, He could have been an all-time great.
Instead, all He ever won were a few trophies with Rangers, a poor return on that kind of talent.
Platt was a try-hard type who got everything He could from what He had, no complaints with Him.