World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well, I'm an England supporter, so I can't really pull for France....but then again, I don't like Argentina too much either. A bit of bad blood there too, though I'd love for England to be the ones to knock Messi out of the WC.
I like nothing about France except their footballers playing at Chelsea, lol.
That slightly edges the pretty girls of Argentina and a bunch of players I really don't like except the back up goalie.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like nothing about France except their footballers playing at Chelsea, lol.
That slightly edges the pretty girls of Argentina and a bunch of players I really don't like except the back up goalie.

Honestly, I really don't like either team. I like Messi, and he's really the only reason that I'd pull for Argentina over France, but I can't stand either team. They both have fairly large rivalries with England. That said, both would be awfully good competition for England.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We need an "unlike" button
fairly played, lol.
as a Texan few people are more despised by the French than us.
but if loving Kante is wrong I don't wanna be right.

I'm still pulling for Belgium to win it all.
I wore 10 growing up (to honor Pele like everyone else) and Hazard is such a pure joy to watch.

Londonboy

Reaction score
fairly played, lol.
as a Texan few people are more despised by the French than us.
but if loving Kante is wrong I don't wanna be right.

I'm still pulling for Belgium to win it all.
I wore 10 growing up (to honor Pele like everyone else) and Hazard is such a pure joy to watch.
I'm a Chelsea fan and I love Kante too, but I'll still be supporting England and Anybody playing france.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I'm definitely pulling for France and my guys Kante and Giroud but one game knock out stuff so anything can happen.

Les bleus have a lot of talent if they can put it together. Pogba is a tremendously impactful player/catalyst when he's on. Seems they're a likeable team this year, too.

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Les bleus have a lot of talent if they can put it together. Pogba is a tremendously impactful player/catalyst when he's on. Seems they're a likeable team this year, too.

Pogba is almost never on..so good luck with that..the French team is loaded w individual talent but I've seen nothing from them to suggest they're close to putting it all together..I won't lie though, they do have a lot of individuals that are likeable

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'm just glad that England are through to the next round. Much better than usual. Hopefully, we can make it through to the Quarterfinals at least.
That would be nice since they always screw up in the knockout rounds and I don't think they have the team this WC as previous. Kane is a good goal scorer. I just wish they had a play maker who can break down the defense to give Kane more chances. England reminds of the Red Soxs of the late 90s. They have high expectations going in but they have let me down. Hopefully this WC will be different.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That would be nice since they always screw up in the knockout rounds and I don't think they have the team this WC as previous. Kane is a good goal scorer. I just wish they had a play maker who can break down the defense to give Kane more chances. England reminds of the Red Soxs of the late 90s. They have high expectations going in but they have let me down. Hopefully this WC will be different.

I too think that this England team is different. They usually play like our NFL team in the sence that they used to play down to weaker opponents and disappoint against opponents supposedly in their "weight" class. This time around though, they look more ruthless. The players look to be enjoying themselves, and that's the big bit of it that was missing previously.

csirl

Reaction score
Am I the only person here who likes both French and Argentinian people?