World Cup

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Just like in the Mex-Swed game Senegal is bigger, stronger and out-working Colombia...

That and Col just looks bad.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just like in the Mex-Swed game Senegal is bigger, stronger and out-working Colombia...

That and Col just looks bad.
COL is quicker and more skilled and is winning possession... seems strange to read someone is playing far better when they have 40%or less possession.
It seems you are a big fan of direct play.

csirl

Reaction score
Interesting dilema for Belgium and England. Finishing 1st will give an easier round of 16 tie but the side of the draw 2nd goes into gives an easier path through the tournament.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Interesting dilema for Belgium and England. Finishing 1st will give an easier round of 16 tie but the side of the draw 2nd goes into gives an easier path through the tournament.
both sides are young and can just play good ball imho.
maybe take off kane and hazard/lukaku at half.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
COL is quicker and more skilled and is winning possession... seems strange to read someone is playing far better when they have 40%or less possession.
It seems you are a big fan of direct play.
Strictly talking about the first half - Sen was pressuring them in their own end and Col could barly get out they flat out looked bad imo.

Yes they are more skilled but it wasn't showing.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
both sides are young and can just play good ball imho.
maybe take off kane and hazard/lukaku at half.

Belgium would prefer not to finish first as that side of the bracket is weaker with only Spain being there. If they finish first, they have Brazil, France Portugal and Uruguay

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd think that even a draw against them would put us into the favourite spot.

How does England become a favourite given they get Brazil in the QF and likely France in the SF. Both of those teams are vastly superior to England.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Highlight of the day for me was the Japanese goal keepers amazing one-handed save of the ball halfway across the goal line.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
England reserves defeat to Belgium reserves gives England a much better chance of winning this World Cup. Nobody would officially say it of course but there was no way either of them wanted to win that game last night.

csirl

Reaction score
The ref in the Panama v Tunisia game looked like he was having a bad day. Game got messy towards the end.

One big benefit Belgium and England got was giving a run out to a lot of their key backups. Keeps them sharp. Some may be needed later in the tournament due to injury etc. Nothing worse than having to play players who are rusty via not playing in a few weeks.

Londonboy

Reaction score
The ref in the Panama v Tunisia game looked like he was having a bad day. Game got messy towards the end.

One big benefit Belgium and England got was giving a run out to a lot of their key backups. Keeps them sharp. Some may be needed later in the tournament due to injury etc. Nothing worse than having to play players who are rusty via not playing in a few weeks.
The downsides for England : Nobody really pushed Themselves forward for a starting slot, Pickford still looks less than secure in goal.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
England reserves defeat to Belgium reserves gives England a much better chance of winning this World Cup. Nobody would officially say it of course but there was no way either of them wanted to win that game last night.
That's what the media says but not sure I buy it.
I know ... but Brazil.. but Brazil is playing in Russia and Neymar hasn't really been in great form.
I believe the path to winning it all is tough no matter what you do.

Since both sides took the game off and got rest I'd say they will at least be fresh if not sharp for the next match.