World Cup

Londonboy

Reaction score
I suppose fair enough. What I'm saying though is that it's an improvement though. Hopefully, we make it further than that, but it'd be an improvement.
Yes it's undoubtedly true that it would be an improvement from Our historically piss-poor Euro surrenderfest.
But My issue is that We always seem to be content to be one of the better also-rans, then We'll bumble along merrily content to do the same exact things that achieved such wonderful mediocrity.
Our whole game needs a root and branch review, with the sole aim of making the National Team serial winners, but the PTB's will only make cosmetic changes when We're really bad, more as a PR exercise, than a genuine attempt to change the depressingly familiar cycle and if We're average, they'll convince themselves that We're on the right path and We're bound to win something one day.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes it's undoubtedly true that it would be an improvement from Our historically piss-poor Euro surrenderfest.
But My issue is that We always seem to be content to be one of the better also-rans, then We'll bumble along merrily content to do the same exact things that achieved such wonderful mediocrity.
Our whole game needs a root and branch review, with the sole aim of making the National Team serial winners, but the PTB's will only make cosmetic changes when We're really bad, more as a PR exercise, than a genuine attempt to change the depressingly familiar cycle and if We're average, they'll convince themselves that We're on the right path and We're bound to win something one day.

To be honest, I do think that Southgate does have us on a good path to win some sort of title soon. I like the way the team looks and is playing. Much different than usual, and a little more fire to them. I don't know what they'll do the rest of this WC, but my thinking is that a good showing in this WC and then a good showing in Euro 2020 would go a long way to giving the players and supporters confidence.

Londonboy

Reaction score
To be honest, I do think that Southgate does have us on a good path to win some sort of title soon. I like the way the team looks and is playing. Much different than usual, and a little more fire to them. I don't know what they'll do the rest of this WC, but my thinking is that a good showing in this WC and then a good showing in Euro 2020 would go a long way to giving the players and supporters confidence.
That's fine and I envy Your Youthful optimism, but this old dog has lived through too many false dawns to get overly excited, They've won nothing in My lifetime and the "well at least We tried" attitude is the biggest reason.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Argentina needs Messi to get up the pitch, He's dropping too deep to get the ball, which neutralizes His biggest threat, His ability to hurt You in and around the Box.