World Cup

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Messi sucks. There aren't two ways around it.

For him not to be able to mesh with any of Aguero, Higuain, or Dybala is an absolute joke and that problem has to fall on the shoulders of the star, which is Messi

To have all 3 of those players on the bench is an absolute joke. Rumors have been going around that Messi has been picking the starting 11 since the Nigeria game and he absolutely butchered it..but this isn't anything new and it isn't just one game..he has struggled to get those those 3 involved for a while now..

Obviously he doesn't suck..he's an amazing player, but he has to shoulder all of the blame for not being able to get more out of world class players like Aguero, Dybala, and Higuain

One of the best players in the world does not suddenly “suck” after his team performed badly at the World Cup

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
People aren't going to give Uruguay much of a chance..but they are going to give France all they can handle...they are way too solid in the back for France to walk all over them
A Uruguay victory wouldn't surprise me in the least but, at this point, I'm going with France. I think they have the speed and discipline on defense to contend with Cavani and Suarez and a dynamic offense that will pressure Uruguay like they haven't been yet in the tournament. Should be a good game. Hopefully, Suarez will keep Hannibal Lecter at bay.

Carson

Reaction score
One of the best players in the world does not suddenly “suck” after his team performed badly at the World Cup

Agreed.

But to most people, they don’t care what Messi does on a club level. All of his trophies at Barcelona mean nothing and he’s average to some. Not calling that poster out, just more of a general consensus.

Reminds me of our Tony Romo. Despite how incredible he was in games people just didn’t see him as a winner. You can throw stats, facts etc. .. just a moot point to some. Sucks he struggles on an international level and that they are eliminated. But France was the better squad

DFWJC

Reaction score
People aren't going to give Uruguay much of a chance..but they are going to give France all they can handle...they are way too solid in the back for France to walk all over them
I doubt this is the year that Uruguay will win their 3rd World Cup title, but they could give France a fight in the final 8.

JBS

Reaction score
I doubt this is the year that Uruguay will win their 3rd World Cup title, but they could give France a fight in the final 8.

Uruguay is not winning the world cup..we can agree on that

JBS

Reaction score
Agreed.

But to most people, they don’t care what Messi does on a club level. All of his trophies at Barcelona mean nothing and he’s average to some. Not calling that poster out, just more of a general consensus.

Reminds me of our Tony Romo. Despite how incredible he was in games people just didn’t see him as a winner. You can throw stats, facts etc. .. just a moot point to some. Sucks he struggles on an international level and that they are eliminated. But France was the better squad

I know you weren't directing this at me per se..but I'm not a Messi fan, I'm not a barca fan, and I'm not an Argentina fan..the fact of the matter is Messi could not find a way to even play with Aguero, Dybala, and Higuain...that's ridiculous

Bigdog

Reaction score
Agree. I hope the injury to 21 is minor. Should be a good game. Both games today were exciting. The two best players in the world are out. The defending WC never make it to the knockout round. This has been a very interesting WC to say the least.

JBS

Reaction score
Messi didn't bless it I guess?
Woinder if Argentina aren't better without Messi.
Less pressure, more youth.
Though they may wanna develop of central defenders.

I know I would rather have Dybala Aguero and Higuain on the pitch than Messi

Flamma

Reaction score
As soon as Argentina took the unlikely 2-1 lead they should have went into their shell ala 1990. Everyone to the box! It was a mistake to continue to openly play France.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm thinking even though Spain is the better team Russia at home won't go down without a fight. I expect the refs will let them play without much interference/stoppage.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So far 7 minutes in Russia looks like they were up drinking vodka all night. They look half dead out there. Is this supposed to be a strategy or is it the effects of late night drinking?