World Cup

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
That's nice to hear, but You might want a plan C on standby, can't see Us doing much.
At least you're there. No major tournament since France 98. And typical Scotland we finally produce 2 genuinely top class players and they're both left backs.
As for the world cup I'll be supporting Croatia since I got married there and the obligatory watching the England games hoping they get beat.

Londonboy

Reaction score
At least you're there. No major tournament since France 98. And typical Scotland we finally produce 2 genuinely top class players and they're both left backs.
As for the world cup I'll be supporting Croatia since I got married there and the obligatory watching the England games hoping they get beat.
The closer You get to England, the more You hope They lose, Anyone would think We're unpleasant neighbours:D.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
The closer You get to England, the more You hope They lose, Anyone would think We're unpleasant neighbours:D.

Haha let's just say there's history.
In all seriousness though got nothing against the English, particularly like London as a weekend. Just love, with the exception of the ashes, see your sports teams get beat.
I do also fully appreciate the hypocrisy of going mental whenever '66 gets brought up and being a Celtic fan who idealises the Lisbon Lions when I wasn't born till '82.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Haha let's just say there's history.
In all seriousness though got nothing against the English, particularly like London as a weekend. Just love, with the exception of the ashes, see your sports teams get beat.
I do also fully appreciate the hypocrisy of going mental whenever '66 gets brought up and being a Celtic fan who idealises the Lisbon Lions when I wasn't born till '82.
I had a Flatmate Who was a mad Rangers fan during the Walter Smith era.
Got a big kick watching Them crash out of the European Cup at the 1st hurdle every year.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
I had a Flatmate Who was a mad Rangers fan during the Walter Smith era.
Got a big kick watching Them crash out of the European Cup at the 1st hurdle every year.
I was at school at that time, makes the last while even sweeter.

Edit: unrelated but got a soft spot for West Ham due to Frank McAvenie. Paolo di Canio and Marc Rieper other favourites who played for both, Stuart Slater and Berkovic less so...

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It's starting to grow on me that I'll just be able to watch as many World Cup games as possible and pick a side each game for a game.

Is this mostly me trying to rationalize that the US pooped themselves then walked around in it, smiling and shaking hands?
Perhaps.

But I'm also genuinely excited to see Belgium, France, Germany, Argentina, Colombia and England.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
It's starting to grow on me that I'll just be able to watch as many World Cup games as possible and pick a side each game for a game.

Is this mostly me trying to rationalize that the US pooped themselves then walked around in it, smiling and shaking hands?
Perhaps.

But I'm also genuinely excited to see Belgium, France, Germany, Argentina, Colombia and England.
Having witnessed a World Cup that didn't include England, I can tell you that the tournament is still very enjoyable without your home country in it. Like you say, just pick someone to support and it's all good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Having witnessed a World Cup that didn't include England, I can tell you that the tournament is still very enjoyable without your home country in it. Like you say, just pick someone to support and it's all good.
As a Chelsea fan I plan to support "my" players.
Rudiger with Germany, all the Belgians, Kante, Giroud and so many Frenchmen.
If I watch Brazil versus Costa Rica I will favor Willian and the Brazilians. THo i could enjoy underdog CR winning too,
LOL.

Not having a HOME team might be ok.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As the World Cup approaches, I'm getting more excited. Looking forward to seeing England compete. Hopefully, they perform better than last time. Their U20 squad put up quite the performance last summer.

Londonboy

Reaction score
As the World Cup approaches, I'm getting more excited. Looking forward to seeing England compete. Hopefully, they perform better than last time. Their U20 squad put up quite the performance last summer.
That's because You're relatively young, a couple more decades of dismal failure should see You through to the attitude of resigned fatalism of the true England fan lol.