World Cup

JBS

Reaction score
Horrendous performance from Croatia..very disappointed..Denmark was the better side today but not good enough to win the match

JBS

Reaction score
Croatia's defense will not be able to concede that many opportunities to other top tier teams.

This was the difference in the match today for sure..Denmark couldn't do anything with their chances

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'm okay with having PKs decide the outcome. Those 11 guys can't keep playing forever...it's not like hockey where you can have line changes. Players are already out of gas so imagine if it goes longer than that.

Maybe if you really want to get innovative, adapt a system like college football where teams alternate scoring chances in their opponent's zone...like via corners or free kicks at certain areas and then the defense has to clear the ball in order for that opportunity to be over. Then that team gets their chance at the other end. The flaw with that is it removes any counter-attacking opportunities and some teams are better at converting that way vs. set pieces.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm okay with having PKs decide the outcome. Those 11 guys can't keep playing forever...it's not like hockey where you can have line changes. Players are already out of gas so imagine if it goes longer than that.

Maybe if you really want to get innovative, adapt a system like college football where teams alternate scoring chances in their opponent's zone...like via corners or free kicks at certain areas and then the defense has to clear the ball in order for that opportunity to be over. Then that team gets their chance at the other end. The flaw with that is it removes any counter-attacking opportunities and some teams are better at converting that way vs. set pieces.

People might find that gimmicky. As it is now I turn off a college football game if it goes into OT. I can't watch that.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Brazil vs Mexico 10am ET
I'll be cheering for Mexico but yesterdays Croatia game and Lebron joining the Lakers late last night i really don't have any cheering left in me atm.
Go Mexico!
:popcorn: