World Cup

Flamma

Reaction score
I hate PKs to decide a game. I think the game should be played until someone scores but these are the rules. The best team doesn't always win in these situations sometimes.

I don't care. There is no best team when it ends in a tie through regulation and overtime. End it fairly.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don't care. There is no best team when it ends in a tie through regulation and overtime. End it fairly.
Well it is better than use to decide a tie game which was on who had more corner kicks

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Pretty amazing victory but the end of the road for Russia IMO. Don't like their chances against either Denmark or Croatia.

DFWJC

Reaction score
On multiple occasions. It is the European teams that have never won one in the Americas until last cup.
Yeah
Germany won in Brazil

But thanks for the other info. I assumed a team from the Americas had won elsewhere, but couldnt recall when. It seemed rare. I guess its rare both ways

I know a European team won in “nuetral” Africa and a South American team won in “nuetral” Japan...I think?

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
I hate PKs to decide a game. I think the game should be played until someone scores but these are the rules. The best team doesn't always win in these situations sometimes.

I know its kind of a crap shoot, random way to end a game but damn, I think they're exciting as hell. So much pressure on the kickers, I bet its hard to walk out there without your legs feeling like theyre about to buckle

The Russian Keeper made some great saves, kudos to the Ruskies!

and I LOVE watching the passion of the fans & players in these games

9darter

Reaction score
I know its kind of a crap shoot, random way to end a game but damn, I think they're exciting as hell. So much pressure on the kickers

Yeah, that's the other side of the coin. Honestly, whenever something's into overtime I start wishing for the penalty shoot out drama. It really is fascinating :D