World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
People over rate Brazil as they did Spain.
True and underrate Mexico badly.
But Willian's cross goal pass just put Brazil up so it should end about as folks predicted, Brazil taking it.

JBS

Reaction score
Brazil has always been the team to beat..nothing has changed..they've been incredibly sound defensively and their attack is slowly gaining momentum..Tite, do the right thing and put Bobby in the starting 11..hes a much better fit than Jesus..these guys are winning the world cup..

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Mexico blew it by not winning their group. The other side of the bracket is much more winnable than this one with Brazil, France, Uruguay, and Belgium

JBS

Reaction score
Mexico blew it by not winning their group. The other side of the bracket is much more winnable than this one with Brazil, France, Uruguay, and Belgium

This goes without saying..what a disaster that was

csirl

Reaction score
Brazil has always been the team to beat..nothing has changed..they've been incredibly sound defensively and their attack is slowly gaining momentum..Tite, do the right thing and put Bobby in the starting 11..hes a much better fit than Jesus..these guys are winning the world cup..

I think thats because teams are afraid to have a go at them. I think Brazil is a brilliant offensive team, but weak at back. Goalkeeper is average and the backs are the usual Brazilian vampires in the air (afraid of crosses!). Best way to beat Brazil is to play long aerial punts into the box aimed at a tall forward whos good with the head. Wimbledons crazy gang from the 80s would give them nightmares. Problem is coaches are afraid to change their game plans to do this.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think thats because teams are afraid to have a go at them. I think Brazil is a brilliant offensive team, but weak at back. Goalkeeper is average and the backs are the usual Brazilian vampires in the air (afraid of crosses!). Best way to beat Brazil is to play long aerial punts into the box aimed at a tall forward whos good with the head. Wimbledons crazy gang from the 80s would give them nightmares. Problem is coaches are afraid to change their game plans to do this.
Mexico went at them and was definitely bossing them for about 25 minutes but when they didn't score they slowly wilted. Brazil always has a ton of talent but they are not great playing on the back foot.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't think they have any fear which they shouldn't. This is not what a lot of people expected.
Wonder what this final four is going to look like.
I'm guessing this scenario.
Croatia vs England or Switzerland
Brazil vs France or Uruguay

I don't think Brazil will lose to Japan neither do i think Croatia will lose to Russia.
Sweden could make some noise. I haven't seen much of Columbia and not sure what to make of them atm.

If Belgium comes back to win this game that changes everything.