World Cup

9darter

Reaction score
Place ya bets, nerds. I mean, seriously, this Danish team is rather awful. I'm expecting a lopsided affair next. I've been mirroring the Danish bookie odds and the psychology behind it all is clear-cut - even Danes expect a sound beating (and they use to be overly optimistic).

But other than that ... hands down, the Croatians are way better. Gotta admit I like them as a team and might even root for them to win it all (when they've flushed Denmark).

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Place ya bets, nerds. I mean, seriously, this Danish team is rather awful. I'm expecting a lopsided affair next. I've been mirroring the Danish bookie odds and the psychology behind it all is clear-cut - even Danes expect a sound beating (and they use to be overly optimistic).

But other than that ... hands down, the Croatians are way better. Gotta admit I like them as a team and might even root for them to win it all (when they've flushed Denmark).
Thanks for the very nice statement about Croatia. If Croatia comes out cold or off key any result is possible. When the game starts it's gonna be sweat, blood, competition, and maybe some tears at the end. If Denmark wins i will wish them luck going forward.

9darter

Reaction score
Thanks for the very nice statement about Croatia. If Croatia comes out cold or off key any result is possible. When the game starts it's gonna be sweat, blood, competition, and maybe some tears at the end. If Denmark wins i will wish them luck going forward.

Croatian background, mate? I've always liked the Croatian people.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I hate PKs to decide a game. I think the game should be played until someone scores but these are the rules. The best team doesn't always win in these situations sometimes.
I'd at least like it to be modified, give the attacking player the ball 30 yards away from the goal and 7 seconds to get it in the net similar to Hockey would be more fun.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I know its kind of a crap shoot, random way to end a game but damn, I think they're exciting as hell. So much pressure on the kickers, I bet its hard to walk out there without your legs feeling like theyre about to buckle

The Russian Keeper made some great saves, kudos to the Ruskies!

and I LOVE watching the passion of the fans & players in these games
Your right. It is probably the hardest kick to make in soccer, imo. The first being in open because if you miss all eyes are you and feel like an idiot. The second would be 1v1 with the keeper. Hats off to the Russians and their keeper. Spain is going home and Russia lives for another day.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Best of luck to the Danes although I do feel Croatia is the better team but as we just saw, you never know.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah
Germany won in Brazil

But thanks for the other info. I assumed a team from the Americas had won elsewhere, but couldnt recall when. It seemed rare. I guess its rare both ways

I know a European team won in “nuetral” Africa and a South American team won in “nuetral” Japan...I think?

Yes. In my initial count I found 3 occasions, but when I proof checked it, it was only twice. But both Europe and South America are tied now for the most part. Winning one at each home base and one in Africa/Asia if I'm not mistaken.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

The Danes have played decently this tournament but Croatia was one of the best in the group stage.

Ren

Reaction score

Funny how you're having success playing the same lame style your media was killing Norway for playing years ago. Hoping you win just to see how the Danish media tries to spin that

To be fair though your teams from the 80, 90 and early 00s were some of the most exciting teams to watch at the time

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes they would. I think they do allow a 4th substitute in OT now.

If they play until someone scores they'd have to allow guys to be subbed in and out, like football, basketball, and hockey. I don't think that is ever going to happen.